Is The American Public Conflict-Averse?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Is The American Public Conflict-Averse?

Post by Wolfeye »

I know that America is not conflict-averse in the least on an official level, as they start shit with pretty much everyone- domesitcally & abroad. On a public level, though- I think Americans are very conflict-averse & that's a big part of why they have a hard time standing up for themselves. Look at how they are with bullying: the answer that they seem to provide now is to depend on others to fix the problem (lots of loopholes with that plan). It used to be: "FIGHT BACK!"

I think another noticeable trend is that they're only smart, if ever, when they're scared- then they either get stupider or they get smarter. Anyone else notice this? Maybe that's somethign that factors in at a trial? The jury isn't really in much danger from the guy that other people are trying to lock up, so maybe they don't pay much attention to the details of the case? Maybe they lose sight of the fact that it sends a "fire at will" message to law enforcement that might just boomerang on them? Maybe even that person they allowed to be locked-up would have been there & helped them out in a dangerous situation that comes to them at a later time?