Prison State America: Inmates becoming corporate slaves

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Prison State America: Inmates becoming corporate slaves

Post by pandabear »

HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Re: Prison State America: Inmates becoming corporate slaves

Post by HouseMD »

For maximum irony, an ad to join the US Army was running alongside this. Be a slave to protect a country that enslaved its citizens!
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 14th, 2020, 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Post by pandabear »

Ghost wrote: And they think the SCOTUS legalized "gay marriage" because it cares about "love" and "equality." .
It had mostly to do with the 14th amendment. The only real way to stop it would have been through another constitutional amendment.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Ghost wrote:Liberals ignore legal prison slave labor (all Constitutional because of the 13th amendment!) while making a stupid fuss over the Confederate flag. Their stupidity knows no bounds. And they think the SCOTUS legalized "gay marriage" because it cares about "love" and "equality." (Hey, at least they got to put up slacktivistic rainbow pictures on fakebook. Great?) Most Americans are so dumb that you just can't talk to them. I mean, you really just can't talk to them. Whenever I try I just get blanks stares/responses, or some half-assed responses. One even said to me that 13th amendment slavery is acceptable because it's not based on race. Then I pointed out that most of these slaves are black. "Durr...." f**k 'em.
That's the power of narrative. The Powers That Be are the authorities who have the means to set the cultural narrative and focus. They decide what liberals should focus on. They pour their money into it, and the news media hypes it up. Then the liberal individuals watching the news who consider themselves intelligent simply believe how they are taught to believe.

If the media never talks about it, the people will never think about it, and if you mention it, they will not agree that it's important. To them if it was important then the news would be talking about it. Why should they believe you over CNN?
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

If a prisoner committed a crime against someone that harmed them or hurt them financially, I think they should have to work to compensate that individual, maybe at a lower than normal wage, but not ridiculously low. The state should use a reasonable portion of the wage to support the prison system. The system should pay for itself and not be a drain on society.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

MrMan wrote:If a prisoner committed a crime against someone that harmed them or hurt them financially, I think they should have to work to compensate that individual, maybe at a lower than normal wage, but not ridiculously low. The state should use a reasonable portion of the wage to support the prison system. The system should pay for itself and not be a drain on society.
Trouble is, forcibly working for something for no personal compensation is literally the definition of slavery.

Queue up the song Ronald Reagan by Killer Mike...