You can't ask questions about anything in America!

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
BlueEverglades
Freshman Poster

You can't ask questions about anything in America!

Post by BlueEverglades »

Have you noticed that if you ask questions about anything in America you get shot down as if you always need to know all the answers ? Even professional such as doctors, teachers are mean and sarcastic when you exercise your right to know more about your health or education. For example I was experiencing involuntary movements two months ago and the neurologist treating me called crazy and other mean insults just because both my CT scan and EEG results came back normal but I was still experiencing these involuntary movements. He told me to look for the answers on the internet and refused to treat me with any kind of treatment. Another doctor screamed at me when I politely asked who analyzed my brain scan (as I never have done one before) Another doctor abandoned me and threw me out of his clinic because I had a thyroid ultrasound with another doctor and not him. And yet another one told me to stop asking "theoretical questions" to him. The question was very serious, I was bleeding for two months but I was allergic to the pills that stop the bleeding..so I asked him what would happen if I keep bleeding and can't take anything, do i just go to emergency?

This is all seriously messed up, our healthcare it's in ruins and pathetic! I have serious health problems and now I fear going to a doctor and have this crap happen all the time!

and this follows everything else...I asked a simple science question about continental drift for a story im writing online today and BAM! I received mean answers instead actually helping me. My university teachers got mad when you asked about about assignments, people in general are shittier than ever even when you are paying them not to be shitty. I don't talk to a lot of people anymore ....

I believe this has to do with what I call "expectation of a final product' meaning that americans are so used to a consumer culture that if you do not assimilate a product for consumption ( some who has it all together and never needs anybody as opposed to the normal development of a human that makes mistakes, needs others and becomes better over time) then they bully you and resent that people are not all knowledgeable and perfect.
Last edited by BlueEverglades on July 5th, 2015, 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: You can't ask questions about anything in America!

Post by fschmidt »

Yet another reason to go abroad. American healthcare is as bad as American women.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

BlueEverglades: You're absolutely right about that. I noticed that you're considered & treated like an idiot if you don't know the answer to something & you're a know-it-all if you DO know the answers to something. America is very big on VITIATION. This means to impair, impede, disrupt, dissolve, disrupt, counter, or anything else that runs along the lines of "f**k things up." This applies pretty braodly, but would definitely apply to people's efforts to learn things or be of a more proficient state with anything- including mental proficiency.

Another thing is simple arrogance. These people DO tend to be very full of themselves & this isn't helped by other people's fawning attitude toward them. Their ego gets scorched a bit when you ask questions, since it's interpreted as implying that they even CAN do something of low quality. Of course, you DO have to ask questions & are right in trying to be alert about YOUR OWN SITUATIONS. Look up "narcissistic personality traits" or anything along those lines & you'll probably connect a lot of dots with that.

[SIDE NOTE] You ever notice how some people f**k up & then blame someone else, as if they can actually stuff blame into a backpack & throw it at someone? Of course, since WHAT HAPPENS IS WHAT OCCURS, this is bullshit. Overall, reality isn't formed by recognition- if it were, nobody'd trip over anything in the dark, get hit by a car they didn't see coming, or have unexpected good things happen to them. The person wouldn't even exist, since something had to happen before they were around to do anything. So, "thinking by adjudication" is inaccurate.

You're right to fear going to doctors in this part of the world, especially as a woman. It seems that there's a tendency for them to be MUCH more arrogant & hostile with women than with men & also a tendency to be very controlling with them, as well. They seem to think that they have quite a bit of discretion about what goes where, for instance. Attaching riders to things like birth control or simply being a patient is a common story.

Anytime when you're dealing with the medical industry here, you're generally dealing with people that feel that they are in command of the person that is being interacted with- thus, they have an issue with more or less anything that doesn't come from them (questions, decisions, sometimes even leaving without their consent). Dictatorial people ARE more or less everywhere, but if they're in a situation where they could easily coerce someone (like by refusing medical care) or that their actions might not be declared an attack despite their action being one- this is more likely to be a hostile situation.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

There are a lot of jerks out there. I would suggest seeing different doctors and never going to see those rude ones again, if you can help it. On the off chance that you are saying something to provoke people, in my mind, I would go over what was said just to make sure I havent inadvertently said something rude myself. I find you can say almost anything to anybody, as long as your tone is respectful.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
BlueEverglades
Freshman Poster

Post by BlueEverglades »

Adama wrote:There are a lot of jerks out there. I would suggest seeing different doctors and never going to see those rude ones again, if you can help it. On the off chance that you are saying something to provoke people, in my mind, I would go over what was said just to make sure I havent inadvertently said something rude myself. I find you can say almost anything to anybody, as long as your tone is respectful.
Well that is exactly the problem, I switched around different doctors, read reviews online only to find other patients have also been put through similar crap. it's like you can' escape bad healthcare and I have insurance. I read that bad doctors escape to Florida when shit happens in their state. Everytime I'm disrespected by any of these lunatics I wonder if they would have done the same if I was a 6 foot tall black muscular man millionare and if they are naturally jerks..why not just leave it at home where he can batter and hit his wife and children like the assholes they are and keep their jobs intact? lol
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

I would imagine they would be the biggest ass-kissers in the world if you were 6 feet tall with muscle & millions. As far as black goes, they'd probably treat yo like an idiot to a degree. Try self-treatment stuff. It seems doctors talk to each other & kind of black-list people. Ever see that episode of Seinfield when Elaine was trying to look at her medical folder?
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

BlueEverglades wrote:Have you noticed that if you ask questions about anything in America you get shot down as if you always need to know all the answers ? Even professional such as doctors, teachers are mean and sarcastic when you exercise your right to know more about your health or education. For example I was experiencing involuntary movements two months ago and the neurologist treating me called crazy and other mean insults just because both my CT scan and EEG results came back normal but I was still experiencing these involuntary movements. He told me to look for the answers on the internet and refused to treat me with any kind of treatment. Another doctor screamed at me when I politely asked who analyzed my brain scan (as I never have done one before) Another doctor abandoned me and threw me out of his clinic because I had a thyroid ultrasound with another doctor and not him. And yet another one told me to stop asking "theoretical questions" to him. The question was very serious, I was bleeding for two months but I was allergic to the pills that stop the bleeding..so I asked him what would happen if I keep bleeding and can't take anything, do i just go to emergency?
This is all seriously messed up, our healthcare it's in ruins and pathetic! I have serious health problems and now I fear going to a doctor and have this crap happen all the time!
I would not tolerate a doctor with that kind of attitude.

Are there restrictions to your choice of clinics, doctors, or health plans?

You can also submit your question to "Ask a doctor" on Medhelp. Might cost a few bucks but worth the $.
http://www.medhelp.org/forums/list
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

In America you are not supposed to question anything, just do as you are told. :shock:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Post by Outcast9428 »

BlueEverglades wrote:
July 6th, 2015, 10:56 am
Adama wrote:There are a lot of jerks out there. I would suggest seeing different doctors and never going to see those rude ones again, if you can help it. On the off chance that you are saying something to provoke people, in my mind, I would go over what was said just to make sure I havent inadvertently said something rude myself. I find you can say almost anything to anybody, as long as your tone is respectful.
Well that is exactly the problem, I switched around different doctors, read reviews online only to find other patients have also been put through similar crap. it's like you can' escape bad healthcare and I have insurance. I read that bad doctors escape to Florida when shit happens in their state. Everytime I'm disrespected by any of these lunatics I wonder if they would have done the same if I was a 6 foot tall black muscular man millionare and if they are naturally jerks..why not just leave it at home where he can batter and hit his wife and children like the assholes they are and keep their jobs intact? lol
The fact that this is Florida explains everything :lol:.

Florida has some of the rudest human beings on the face of the planet.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Outcast9428 wrote:
June 8th, 2022, 2:25 pm
BlueEverglades wrote:
July 6th, 2015, 10:56 am
The fact that this is Florida explains everything :lol:.

Florida has some of the rudest human beings on the face of the planet.

Are the people in Florida more rude than the people in New York city?
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Post by Outcast9428 »

@jamesbond Hard to say, been too long since I was in NYC. I’d say they are probably pretty similar though.
flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Post by flowerthief00 »

jamesbond wrote:
June 7th, 2022, 5:36 pm
In America you are not supposed to question anything, just do as you are told. :shock:
What? America, if anything, is more open to question-asking than elsewhere, it seems to me. So where in the world are you supposed to question anything? However sheepish Americans are, I tell you Asians are worse.

In Vietnam nobody EVER discusses local politics. They'll talk about American politics with you and I can't count all the times I was asked "What do you think about Mr. Trump?" (most Vietnamese like him), but they either don't have an opinion about local politics or are not willing to risk expressing it. (a byproduct of living in a decidedly undemocratic state)
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

jamesbond wrote:
June 7th, 2022, 5:36 pm
That is the general sentiment wherever you go. The governments of the world want only compliant slaves, not free thinkers or intellectuals.

Remember: You are free! Free to do what they tell you!
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.