Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Has Winston been in Thailand?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Has Winston been in Thailand?

Postby drronnie » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:42 am

Wondering if Winston even been in Thailand yet and what were his experiences?
drronnie
Freshman Poster

Re: Has Winston been in Thailand?

Postby xiongmao » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:13 pm

No he hasn't been there. He would like the food courts but moan about the food being too spicy. He would like the hooker bars but say it is too expensive to take the girls home. Also he would say it was too hot and there is no eye contact from non-bar girls. Finally he wouldn't be able to stay there long time as it's a pain in the *** to get a Thai visa these days.

If Winston goes traveling again he should check out Berlin. The food is cheap and the place is as chilled as he is.
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Postby Winston » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:04 pm

No I haven't yet. Next time ask a trivial question like this in a Thailand related thread or the "Ask Winston" thread in the Questions and Advice section. No need to start a whole thread for such a trivial question. :P
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Yohan » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:46 am

Well, the person who created this thread is living in Thailand and a 50/50 Thai. It is not wrong to create a thread about Thailand, but maybe the opening post should be done differently - not only to ask Winston, but to ask for general feedback from everybody.

The question makes sense however, as Thailand is very well-known for mixed race marriages between Western men and local women and this is the main topic of this Happier-Abroad Forum. maybe no. 1, better known worldwide than Philippines.

In this sense 'Thailand' is NOT a trivial topic.
Yohan
Veteran Poster

Postby Yohan » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:07 am

xiongmao wrote:Finally he wouldn't be able to stay there long time as it's a pain in the *** to get a Thai visa these days.

Not really so difficult but you have to decide, preferably before your departure, what fits you.

Thailand gives almost everybody on arrival visa exemption 30 days free of charge, and most visitors, especially from Asia and USA with short vacation do not need more than that.

If you apply for a tourist visa in advance you can get up to 3 visa for 60 days each in Thai embassies in countries which are not bordering Thailand, like here in Japan, makes totally 180 days, but you have to leave Thai territory each time.

If you are 50+ you might qualify for retirement - 1 year, or in case of marriage, also 1 year.

Business-related visa with work-permit are however difficult. The problem is not about visa, but how to earn money in this country as a Western foreigner. Thailand is good for vacation and retirement, if you bring enough cash with you, but otherwise?
Yohan
Veteran Poster

Return to General Discussions