Has Winston been in Thailand?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
drronnie
Freshman Poster

Has Winston been in Thailand?

Post by drronnie »

Wondering if Winston even been in Thailand yet and what were his experiences?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Re: Has Winston been in Thailand?

Post by xiongmao »

No he hasn't been there. He would like the food courts but moan about the food being too spicy. He would like the hooker bars but say it is too expensive to take the girls home. Also he would say it was too hot and there is no eye contact from non-bar girls. Finally he wouldn't be able to stay there long time as it's a pain in the *** to get a Thai visa these days.

If Winston goes traveling again he should check out Berlin. The food is cheap and the place is as chilled as he is.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

No I haven't yet. Next time ask a trivial question like this in a Thailand related thread or the "Ask Winston" thread in the Questions and Advice section. No need to start a whole thread for such a trivial question. :P
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Well, the person who created this thread is living in Thailand and a 50/50 Thai. It is not wrong to create a thread about Thailand, but maybe the opening post should be done differently - not only to ask Winston, but to ask for general feedback from everybody.

The question makes sense however, as Thailand is very well-known for mixed race marriages between Western men and local women and this is the main topic of this Happier-Abroad Forum. maybe no. 1, better known worldwide than Philippines.

In this sense 'Thailand' is NOT a trivial topic.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

xiongmao wrote:Finally he wouldn't be able to stay there long time as it's a pain in the *** to get a Thai visa these days.
Not really so difficult but you have to decide, preferably before your departure, what fits you.

Thailand gives almost everybody on arrival visa exemption 30 days free of charge, and most visitors, especially from Asia and USA with short vacation do not need more than that.

If you apply for a tourist visa in advance you can get up to 3 visa for 60 days each in Thai embassies in countries which are not bordering Thailand, like here in Japan, makes totally 180 days, but you have to leave Thai territory each time.

If you are 50+ you might qualify for retirement - 1 year, or in case of marriage, also 1 year.

Business-related visa with work-permit are however difficult. The problem is not about visa, but how to earn money in this country as a Western foreigner. Thailand is good for vacation and retirement, if you bring enough cash with you, but otherwise?