Is America Like A Cult?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Is America Like A Cult?

Post by Wolfeye »

I've noticed that there is an extremely common tendency for there to be the same prescribed/proscribed answer whenever more or less anything comes up. It's not all that different from a cult with their constant chanting & everything. Whenever you point out that "the leader" screwed-up, there's that immediate defensiveness (just like whenever you point out a problem in America). Whenever there's something done by "the advanced members," there's an insta-approval (cops, for instance- although that's less & less the case). Whenever you point things out, there must be something wrong with YOU- not with the situation (do I even need to put anything here?)

I get how someone might think well of their country, their culture, or their community. I don't get how someone thinks so well of their house that they don't greap when it's on fire & try to put it out. I don't get how they think so well of their town that they don't notice when there is an increasingly hostile element in it. I don't get how someone can even be sizing things up that way- they associate one with the other, even if the other thing isn't there. It's like it's incongruent with the esteem they hold things in, so they deliberately argure or ignore this incongruency & act like they don't know about it- when they are painting over it themselves. You can't aim against what you don't know about!

If someone thinks of needing a coat in Alaska, and it was warm when they got up there, would the still wear this coat? Of course not.

If someone thinks of their phone as charged, and find out that it's not, do they act like it is & try to make a call on it? Of course not.
HappyinEurope
Freshman Poster

Re: Is America Like A Cult?

Post by HappyinEurope »

It is just like a cult, good comparison. In every cult there's some lunatic at the helm of all the member phychopaths.

In American culture, Narcissism/Phychopath behavior is a central value that stimulates the development of sociopathic behavior. It is admired and rewarded. The prevalence of sociopaths is 4% higher among CEO's compared to the general population and on Wall Street this is even higher. I personally experienced this from my short stint on Wall Street, if you have strong ethics and morals you'll never make it there.......and I didn't. In most civilized countries my superiors and co-workers on Wall Street would be in a padded room.

Nobody sets out to join a cult. No one knowingly wants to give up their life, their needs, their goals....instead they come to believe they’re improving themselves and improving the world and it is then they are led into a psychological trap......a mass psychosis.....which is America.

Most people who are born inside America got suckered into this cultlike home-grown facade and lies; at least more than 94% of the people inside America are clueless about the rot and potential collapse.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

Yeah, I've seen that denial is such a common thing & it's not because they think about it & disagree- it's just a reflexive response. No deduction, just a pre-formed reply.

As for the psychotic stuff, I've noticed that. There's a big issue with not being the "well spring from which people flow" here. A lot of the people don't seem to like for someone to even have A stance on things. They like to "fill in other people's blanks." Very "Thulsa Doom" (remember the first Conan movie?). The Borg Collective works as a comparison, too (especially with the arrogance they tend to STILL have toward other cultures).

There's actually a Russian slur for Americans called "pindo' (and America is called "Pindostan"), which conveys a sense of someone being a hapless creature that's very dependant on all kind of gadgets & gizmos. I think that's true & is related to a strong urge to INDUCE in America. Whether it's operating equipment or operating people, someone's always trying to "run" something. I've also noticed that it seems when someone wants to crawl into other people's skin figuratively, they tend toward making literal attempts (and I've noticed that when something pervy happens, it's frequently deemed fine- doctors getting pushy, for instance). Not a good prospect for someone wanting to start the whole wife & kids thing.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 7th, 2020, 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

Ghost: Dead-on, it IS like North Korea on that level. I think there's a lot of general egotism & having no concept of the fact that identity doesn't change output. Despite talking all that shit about royalty, don't they act the exact same f***ing way with people on an occupational level? The boss at their job may as well be "massa." Same with cops, doctors, and anyone that makes a massive amount more than them.

I've heard it said that it's sometimes the nature of powerless people to get vicarious thrills from tyranical bullshit (I'm paraphrasing a little bit). That seems to be so true in America that it may as well be engraved on the statue of liberty. I like when there are things that go differently, but it's something that's so rare that I don't feel that it's inaccurate to say "Americans aren't like that." I don't know what the exact percentages are or if the minority is in command or what, I just know it's usually some variation of czarist bullshit or another. I notice that it's more frequently the passive-aggressive kind, where they act like someone is being a "bad guy" for not accommodating something that they don't have coming. Basically, "You're hurting me for not being ruled by me." Of course, self-defense can be described in the same way, but you get what I mean.
BlackKnight
Junior Poster

Post by BlackKnight »

Opening threads on this website is a descend into stupidity and lunacy.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

BlackKnight: Meaning what? It IS like a cult- for f**k's sake, people are even drugged-up on a massive level! They do things with a closed-mined servility that isn't quite throwing themselves off a cliff on command, but they DO more or less throw their lives away on a frequent basis.