Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

What is the big deal about Filipinas?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Re: What is the big deal about Filipinas?

Postby chanta76 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:01 pm

Ghost,

I had a friend who visited the Philippines. His Korean American not a white guy but he stood out where ever he went. He said that compare to any other city he visited and he visited many that Manila was the most dangerous to him. I never been to the Philippines so I don't know but I hear stories that the Philippines can be dangerous if you don't know what your doing.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Postby Jonny Law » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:09 pm

chanta76 wrote:Ghost,

I had a friend who visited the Philippines. His Korean American not a white guy but he stood out where ever he went. He said that compare to any other city he visited and he visited many that Manila was the most dangerous to him. I never been to the Philippines so I don't know but I hear stories that the Philippines can be dangerous if you don't know what your doing.

NO! Manila is not dangerous. You friend is probably a lot like you, very weak and pathetic. He went to Manila and survived. Obviously Manila is very safe.
Jonny Law
Junior Poster

Postby Lorenzo » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:22 pm

Jonny Law wrote:

NO! Manila is not dangerous. You friend is probably a lot like you, very weak and pathetic. He went to Manila and survived. Obviously Manila is very safe.

None of this talk is relevant to this thread "What is the big deal about Filipinas?"

There is no big deal. They are talked about because any guy, loser or not, can get a Filipina, any guy. Comparatively they are inferior to the Thai women in almost every respect, but language differences makes it easier for the average Joe to to communicate with and understand a Filipina. I'm not saying that Filipinas are not great, what I'm saying is that the Philippines is the doormat of Asia and the women the easiest with the lowest standards. The average guy here can't can't a Japanese, Korean, Taiwanese or even a decent Chinese woman. That is the harsh reality.

I certainly tried to find a great Filipina, but honestly, I was chatting with Thai women at the same time and the Filipinas just did Not measure up to them. I found the normal Thai women to be more beautiful, educated, sexy, well dressed, more professionally employed, and some had Masters degrees. Both are cute and silly, my Thai GFs were awesome lovers. They were not so quick to just thoughtlessly jump into a relationship with false love talk after a few days unlike many Filipinas. I communicated with hundreds of Filipinas and hundreds of Thai and hundreds of Chinese ladies, making 5 trips to Asia for meetings. I never went to Phils because only a few Filipinas came near to meeting my standards whereas many Thai women did. There is no comparison, the hype is false hype. And when it comes to sex, it is all abut how much she is into you!

With that said, if I ever found myself single in the future - yep - I would go the Phils because for a man over 50 it offers the best prospects for landing an attractive, sweet, charming young lady that will make good wife material.
Lorenzo
Freshman Poster

Postby pete98146 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:11 am

Lorenzo wrote:
Jonny Law wrote:

None of this talk is relevant to this thread "What is the big deal about Filipinas?"

There is no big deal. They are talked about because any guy, loser or not, can get a Filipina, any guy. Comparatively they are inferior to the Thai women in almost every respect, but language differences makes it easier for the average Joe to to communicate with and understand a Filipina. I'm not saying that Filipinas are not great, what I'm saying is that the Philippines is the doormat of Asia and the women the easiest with the lowest standards. The average guy here can't can't a Japanese, Korean, Taiwanese or even a decent Chinese woman. That is the harsh reality.

I certainly tried to find a great Filipina, but honestly, I was chatting with Thai women at the same time and the Filipinas just did Not measure up to them. I found the normal Thai women to be more beautiful, educated, sexy, well dressed, more professionally employed, and some had Masters degrees. Both are cute and silly, my Thai GFs were awesome lovers. They were not so quick to just thoughtlessly jump into a relationship with false love talk after a few days unlike many Filipinas. I communicated with hundreds of Filipinas and hundreds of Thai and hundreds of Chinese ladies, making 5 trips to Asia for meetings. I never went to Phils because only a few Filipinas came near to meeting my standards whereas many Thai women did. There is no comparison, the hype is false hype. And when it comes to sex, it is all abut how much she is into you!

With that said, if I ever found myself single in the future - yep - I would go the Phils because for a man over 50 it offers the best prospects for landing an attractive, sweet, charming young lady that will make good wife material.

Great post Lorenzo. While I certainly agree with much of what you write, I disagree with others. I set forth on my mission to find a foreign wife 14 years ago. I fiddled around chatting with women from various countries. The one that had the highest pedigree was from Singapore, had her masters degree in marketing, dad was a multi millionaire and she worked at IBM. She actually came over to visit me on her dime. Great gal, but at the end of the day, the spark wasn't there and much of this was the cultural gap that existed. I'm a very easy going, fun loving guy. She definitely had a harder, business like (common with women of Northern Asian heritage) approach to her. I don't think it would have worked well for us.

But this gal gave me an appetite for the higher caliber of ladies! So the next task was to find that smart, sweet, pretty, successful, educated Filipina that I know would better suit my personality. Say what you want about Filipinas but when it comes to natural charm, they leave the northern Asian ladies in the dust.

I remained steadfast and picky and eventually found the woman of my dreams. Granted it took a heck of a long time to find the right one but time I had. I wasn't in a hurry. So it all boils down to your personal preference. Top notch girls can be found in any country!!!!!
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Postby Lorenzo » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:23 am

pete98146 wrote:Great post Lorenzo. While I certainly agree with much of what you write, I disagree with others. I set forth on my mission to find a foreign wife 14 years ago. I fiddled around chatting with women from various countries. The one that had the highest pedigree was from Singapore, had her masters degree in marketing, dad was a multi millionaire and she worked at IBM. She actually came over to visit me on her dime. Great gal, but at the end of the day, the spark wasn't there and much of this was the cultural gap that existed. I'm a very easy going, fun loving guy. She definitely had a harder, business like (common with women of Northern Asian heritage) approach to her. I don't think it would have worked well for us.

But this gal gave me an appetite for the higher caliber of ladies! So the next task was to find that smart, sweet, pretty, successful, educated Filipina that I know would better suit my personality. Say what you want about Filipinas but when it comes to natural charm, they leave the northern Asian ladies in the dust.

I remained steadfast and picky and eventually found the woman of my dreams. Granted it took a heck of a long time to find the right one but time I had. I wasn't in a hurry. So it all boils down to your personal preference. Top notch girls can be found in any country!!!!!

I agree with what you are saying Pete. I think the "big deal with Filipinas" comes from their being open and friendly and non-judgmental with foreign men. There are obviously many awesome ones and apparently you scored one! :) Maybe I did not put in enough time. I also agree that the the East Asians are not necessarily better or nicer, many are a handful, but they are sexy haha. Great ladies can be found everywhere, even in the USA. Though top notch girls can be found in every country, they are not accessible to every man!

Like I said, if I reentered the dating pool I would just focus on Filipinas. Unfortunately too many mongers and loser types have created a negative stigma about finding a wife in Phils.
Lorenzo
Freshman Poster

Postby Zambales » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:36 am

Wolfeye wrote:See, that's a thing- if someone's shoving me or something, I've got to fight back (otherwise it'll get worse- an easy victory as a motivator). Seems like a "damned you do & damned if you don't" situation. I don't think I'd rule the Philipines out entirely, but that insanely prideful style sounds like someone's going to try exciting their ego by starting some shit with the white guy. Good to know about Manila & Cebu, though. What are the cops like there? Do they go apeshit over nothing or what?

Honestly, I'd worry a bit about that south of the border, too. Anybody know anything specific about that?

Filipino's won't start a fight just for the sake of it, but cause problems in the Phils and you'll create problems for yourself from either the locals or the police - and the cops won't think twice about throwing you in jail if you act like an asshole, then you'll probably be paying to get released. The justice system is totally different over there.

As for Mindanao, stay away from the South-West notably the Sulu Peninsula and cities like Zamboanga and Cotobato.
Zambales
Junior Poster

Postby Hero » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:52 am

Another great thing about Filipinas is that they love catering to the men in their lives. I couldn't believe it when my first Filipina gf cooked for me and did my laundry. They treat their husbands and boyfriends like kings.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Postby davewe » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:49 pm

Hero wrote:Another great thing about Filipinas is that they love catering to the men in their lives. I couldn't believe it when my first Filipina gf cooked for me and did my laundry. They treat their husbands and boyfriends like kings.

+1

My friend's Filipina wife is pregnant. She is upset that in her opinion she can't give him as much sex as they are used to :)
Check out my blog @ www.marriedafilipina.com
davewe
Experienced Poster

Postby Zambales » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:47 pm

Every city has its dangers. some more than others. Just use common sense and do your homework on the country you're about to visit especially if it's a Third World Country.
Zambales
Junior Poster

Postby Lorenzo » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:59 pm

Hero wrote:Another great thing about Filipinas is that they love catering to the men in their lives. I couldn't believe it when my first Filipina gf cooked for me and did my laundry. They treat their husbands and boyfriends like kings.

All Asian women do this, it is not specific to Filipinas. That is why I keep making the point they are nothing special - yes special compared to American women - but not compared to other Asian nationalities. It is more like the men here have more experience with Filipinas than other Asian nationalities and report on their experience. I found Thai, Indonesian and Chinese women to do the same.
Lorenzo
Freshman Poster

Postby Adama » Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:43 pm

chanta76 wrote:outwest,

that's the problem though. The legit guys do get their reputation ruin by the mongers however there is an ounce of truth that some expats that look for wives in asia are not the best type either. I'm not saying all of them but some of them.

I think it was ladislav who wrote that the Philippines seems to attract allot of low lives . I remember talking to one white guy who was an ESL teacher in Korea. He tried Korea but it didn't work out for him so he decided to focus on the Philippines to look for a wife or girl friend. He was way into his 40's and kind of weird. I asked him what he was looking for in nutshell he wanted a sex slave that can cook and clean for him. It's like for some expats they can't see the person but just buy into the stereotypes .

Just wait til you start closing in on your 40s. You'll think differently then.

A sex slave who will cook and clean? I will take two of those, please. I don't care what nationality she is. That's their job, as far as I'm concerned. ;)
Look for women who automatically want to please you because it pleases them. Any woman who seeks to please her man is a treasure. Even better if you don't have to ask but rather suggest.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Jeremy » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:33 pm

To summarize:

- short and petite with girly voices
- age better than white girls
- curvier than Northeast Asian girls
- tan skin all year round
- small vaginas
- feminine disposition
- most importantly, easily accessible to the average guy
Jeremy
Freshman Poster

Postby Wolfeye » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:00 pm

Jeremy: Interesting list. Now when you say "curvier than Northeast Asian girls," what level do you mean? Are they like Mediterraneans & Latinas?
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Postby MarcosZeitola » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:40 pm

Filipinas come in a very wide range of looks, shapes & shades. Big eyes, small eyes, short, tall, curvy, skinny, dark, pale, Chinese-looking, Latina-looking, Polynesian looking, Native looking... whatever you want, it's out there. The country is also cheap in terms of living costs, and the climate is lovely and culture open, friendly and warm. Families are close and family ties strong. A lot of them are conservative on top of all this; a great advantage when it is a stable relationship and marriage you want.

The Philippines caters to all types of men from all walks of life... the righteous man seeking a wife, the immoral hedonist seeking a whore, the adventurer seeking his flavor of the month, there's something for everyone. I don't think mongers will destroy the country; the depraved and desperate girls going for them, will always be there. Rarely a good, well-raised girl is turned bad because of some lowlife showing interest; she'll simply ignore him as he's nothing to her but background noise.

What attracts people to Filipina girls, and the Philippines in general, is the incredibly wide variety of options and the relative ease with which a lot of said options can be attained. Depending on how much quality you're looking for and how high your standards are, things may be a little more difficult but your dream girls... she's out there!
MarcosZeitola
Experienced Poster

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions