Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Rich people think differently than the average person

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Rich people think differently than the average person

Postby BlackKnight » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:29 am

:mrgreen:
Last edited by BlackKnight on Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
BlackKnight
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 505
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:04 am







Re: Rich people tend to think differently than the average l

Postby Cornfed » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:41 am

Face it dude, no matter how much you imagine that being rich is a mindset that you can copy and become rich yourself, this is not the case. You were born a loser and you will die a loser. This is deserved in your case, but the undeserving often suffer your fate as well. This is just the way it is in this funny old world. Try to be happy with what you have got.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4642
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:22 am

Re: Rich people tend to think differently than the average l

Postby Hero » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:08 pm

BlackKnight wrote:He also noticed one thought pattern they tend to avoid: nostalgia.

While average people tend to long for the good old days, rich people dream of the future and are optimistic about what is to come.

"People who believe their best days are behind them rarely get rich, and often struggle with unhappiness and depression," Siebold writes in "How Rich People Think."

This guy can't even distinguish between cause and effect. People get rich because they're optimistic about the future? I don't think so. It's the reverse that's true. If I had a billion dollars in the bank, I'd be optimistic about the future too.
Hero
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1682
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:19 pm

Re: Rich people tend to think differently than the average l

Postby xiongmao » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:37 pm

This is definitely true. I am very future focused. I can't even remember what I did yesterday. It's down to personality more than anything.

Another thing I've learned this time round living in London is that successful people live in successful parts of town. SW London has a feeling in the air. The feeling of success. S London is OK with some nice big houses but there is not the same air of success here. It's better to have a small house in a good area than a big house in a loser area.
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2540
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:09 pm
Location: London

Re: Rich people tend to think differently than the average l

Postby Moretorque » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:45 pm

Cornfed wrote:Face it dude, no matter how much you imagine that being rich is a mindset that you can copy and become rich yourself, this is not the case. You were born a loser and you will die a loser. This is deserved in your case, but the undeserving often suffer your fate as well. This is just the way it is in this funny old world. Try to be happy with what you have got.


Dude you be f**k'in crazy, you saw all the cash and resources that Blackman has. Blackman hunt you a$$ down and kill you, you be sitt'in at the table mess'in with daa computer and suddenly a spear will be com'in whipp'in on through dee window and right out the back of your cracker head.
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4153
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:00 pm
Location: USA,FL

Re: Rich people tend to think differently than the average l

Postby Moretorque » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:54 pm

xiongmao wrote:This is definitely true. I am very future focused. I can't even remember what I did yesterday. It's down to personality more than anything.

Another thing I've learned this time round living in London is that successful people live in successful parts of town. SW London has a feeling in the air. The feeling of success. S London is OK with some nice big houses but there is not the same air of success here. It's better to have a small house in a good area than a big house in a loser area.


People are out to lunch, people should realize by now the credit monopoly in this day and age truly decides who makes it big and who does not. This is why the socialist society crumbles because wealth and power is allocated where it does not belong and to those who do not deserve it.

In other words money today because of how dishonest the financial system is just creates total corruption. Why work to do anything when you can print money but the socialist inevitably implode the whole system because of legalized countefeiting .
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4153
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:00 pm
Location: USA,FL

Re: Rich people tend to think differently than the average l

Postby BlackKnight » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:26 am

:arrow:
Last edited by BlackKnight on Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
BlackKnight
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 505
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:04 am

Re: Rich people tend to think differently than the average l

Postby BlackKnight » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:40 am

Hero wrote:
BlackKnight wrote:He also noticed one thought pattern they tend to avoid: nostalgia.

While average people tend to long for the good old days, rich people dream of the future and are optimistic about what is to come.

"People who believe their best days are behind them rarely get rich, and often struggle with unhappiness and depression," Siebold writes in "How Rich People Think."

This guy can't even distinguish between cause and effect. People get rich because they're optimistic about the future? I don't think so. It's the reverse that's true. If I had a billion dollars in the bank, I'd be optimistic about the future too.


Wrong. See above.
BlackKnight
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 505
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:04 am

Re: Rich people tend to think differently than the average l

Postby BlackKnight » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:41 am

xiongmao wrote:This is definitely true. I am very future focused. I can't even remember what I did yesterday. It's down to personality more than anything.

Another thing I've learned this time round living in London is that successful people live in successful parts of town. SW London has a feeling in the air. The feeling of success. S London is OK with some nice big houses but there is not the same air of success here. It's better to have a small house in a good area than a big house in a loser area.



Yup, future focused people are usually optimistic and positive which is an ingredient in success.
BlackKnight
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 505
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:04 am

Re: Rich people tend to think differently than the average l

Postby fschmidt » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:44 am

BlackKnight wrote:The USoA was built by a group rich schemers and they left open the doors for anyone super smart to keep the whole system going and competitive in the world.

This has to be the dumbest thing I have ever seen posted on this forum.
Following the Old Testament, not evil modern culture
fschmidt
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2118
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 8:16 am
Location: El Paso, TX

Re: Rich people tend to think differently than the average l

Postby BlackKnight » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:00 am

fschmidt wrote:
BlackKnight wrote:The USoA was built by a group rich schemers and they left open the doors for anyone super smart to keep the whole system going and competitive in the world.

This has to be the dumbest thing I have ever seen posted on this forum.


That's because you're a pretty dumb guy with all your negativity and pettiness. Your post about genetics and eugenics reminded me of an adolescent school trip to Harvard University - Mental health program for the mentally ill.
BlackKnight
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 505
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:04 am

Re: Rich people tend to think differently than the average l

Postby fschmidt » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:14 am

BlackKnight wrote:That's because you're a pretty dumb guy with all your negativity and pettiness. Your post about genetics and eugenics reminded me of an adolescent school trip to Harvard University - Mental health program for the mentally ill.

The title of this thread is "Rich people tend to think differently than the average loser". I am rich, so how do you reconcile this with your comment above which clearly classifies me as worse than the average loser?

Most rich people wouldn't bother posting to a forum like this one at all. And most rich people do repeat optimistic lies in public, just as I would do if I were in some business meeting. They have no reason at all to tell the truth. My reason is that I am trying to form a moral community, so I need to tell the truth. This is a practical reason, and I am a practical person. You, on the other hand, don't seem very practical. You don't just spout the positive bullshit that mainstream society expects, you actually believe it. And that's sad.
Following the Old Testament, not evil modern culture
fschmidt
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2118
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 8:16 am
Location: El Paso, TX

Re: Rich people tend to think differently than the average l

Postby BlackKnight » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:33 am

fschmidt wrote:
BlackKnight wrote:That's because you're a pretty dumb guy with all your negativity and pettiness. Your post about genetics and eugenics reminded me of an adolescent school trip to Harvard University - Mental health program for the mentally ill.

The title of this thread is "Rich people tend to think differently than the average loser". I am rich, so how do you reconcile this with your comment above which clearly classifies me as worse than the average loser?

Most rich people wouldn't bother posting to a forum like this one at all. And most rich people do repeat optimistic lies in public, just as I would do if I were in some business meeting. They have no reason at all to tell the truth. My reason is that I am trying to form a moral community, so I need to tell the truth. This is a practical reason, and I am a practical person. You, on the other hand, don't seem very practical. You don't just spout the positive bullshit that mainstream society expects, you actually believe it. And that's sad.


Lol, you don't seem to be able to read very well, let me help you out:

That's what Steve Siebold, self-made millionaire and author of "How Rich People Think," found after studying more than ****1,200****of the world's ***wealthiest*** people over the past ***30*** years.

Do you understand that now? You're just some guy in a basement scamming poor people looking for help. To justify your repugnant behaviour you say people are scum and deserve it. But I don't blame you, you're just another tool. You have no more awareness than a cow.
BlackKnight
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 505
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:04 am

Re: Rich people tend to think differently than the average l

Postby Zambales » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:49 am

For someone who supposedly studied wealthy people for thirty years, it doesn't sound like this Siebold guy has come up with anything particularly helpful in all that time. The nostalgic part aside, it's like stating the obvious.

Write a book and give it an appealing title, fill it with crap and watch the fools part with their well earned.
User avatar
Zambales
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 504
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:41 pm

Re: Rich people tend to think differently than the average l

Postby fschmidt » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:56 am

BlackKnight wrote:Lol, you don't seem to be able to read very well, let me help you out:

That's what Steve Siebold, self-made millionaire and author of "How Rich People Think," found after studying more than ****1,200****of the world's ***wealthiest*** people over the past ***30*** years.

Do you understand that now? You're just some guy in a basement scamming poor people looking for help. To justify your repugnant behaviour you say people are scum and deserve it. But I don't blame you, you're just another tool. You have no more awareness than a cow.

My God, you are an idiot. There is no connection between what Steve Siebold said and your idiotic quote that I criticized. I fit Steve Siebold's description quite well.

Scamming people is how most of today's rich got rich. Of course they won't admit it, but so what. And for the record, the business I currently run isn't my first success. My first big success was Nextag which was a standard Silicon Valley startup that sold for over $1B. It was more based on a arbitrage than a scam.

I have significant experience both in Silicon Valley and Wall Street. I was in board meeting in Silicon Valley and I met many of the elite there. On Wall Street, I wrote and sold FX trading software and dealt with traders all the time. So I have a pretty good idea how the financial elite think.

I will admit there is one very stupid thing that I do. That is responding to idiots on the internet like this.
Following the Old Testament, not evil modern culture
fschmidt
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2118
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 8:16 am
Location: El Paso, TX

Next

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 4 guests