OKCupid says I would be happier abroad.

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
onethousandknives
Junior Poster

Re: OKCupid says I would be happier abroad.

Post by onethousandknives »

Taiwan looks good if you are young. But if you are some 50 year old guy wanting a 20 year old, then yes I don't imagine it being possible there as there's not really any economic leverage or promise of a "better life" in USA. It is getting some bad traits from USA, like excessive social media/internet/introversion/isolation type issues, but it still seems way nicer than USA, and it's pretty much first on my list for places to go in Asia at this point. It seems to have many of the benefits of a third world country without the drawbacks.

Anyway, so American girl who took 9 days to reply now just deleted her profile. omg so clingy and demanding asking for 3-4 days. Whatever. Next I had a girl who "liked" me take a full week to reply to my simple question of "Do you have any hobbies or things you enjoy doing?" She replied back with (edited for spelling) "I do not have a lot of free time since I work a lot but when I am not working I take full advantage of my time off." Just what I'd love, a girl who speaks like a politician. She has a totally blank profile, too.

I mean, even the Bosnian girl who flipped out at bureks (who also deleted her profile) was better as at least she could hold a conversation.

So far this Vietnamese girl is like the best ever. Basically, she's incredibly easy for me to communicate with. Despite the fact if we meet irl we would both just still talk to each other with google translate, drawing emoticons on paper, and hand gestures. But this is still probably better than an American girl who cannot answer my simple question directly at all.