Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Can a Man Ever Just Be Friends with a Girl?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Can a Man Ever Just Be Friends with a Girl?

Postby Tsar » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:19 pm

I've heard some members write that men can't ever just be friends with a girl. That if a man is a friend with a girl it means he's interested in her for more than friendship. Is that true? I'd like to know what everyone thinks on the topic.
Tsar
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1824
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:40 pm







Re: Can a Man Ever Just Be Friends with a Girl?

Postby MarcosZeitola » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:22 pm

Before I got married, my wife was my best friend. She was the only female friend I ever had that I trusted fully, that I had conversations with as deep and meaningful as with my best male friends. We had chemistry. Our friendship evolved. I discovered that, like myself, she is a very sensual person with a rich imagination. Things escalated. Friendship became lust, lust became love. I haven't looked back ever since.

You can have female friends... but when there is any degree of mutual attraction, things will happen. My wife and I are still best friends, for the record. ;)
User avatar
MarcosZeitola
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1977
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 7:13 pm
Location: Phillipines

Re: Can a Man Ever Just Be Friends with a Girl?

Postby Banano » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:37 pm

Having sexy only deepens relationship or friendship, it doesnt destroy it as media wants you to believe. Its a step up.

I had female friends that I f***ed and we remained friends for years
Banano
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2013
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:26 am

Re: Can a Man Ever Just Be Friends with a Girl?

Postby gnosis » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:07 pm

It's possible to be "just friends."

Some girls can be fun to talk to, but you know you're not interested in anything other than a casual friendship.
User avatar
gnosis
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 437
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:52 pm

Re: Can a Man Ever Just Be Friends with a Girl?

Postby S_Parc » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:30 pm

In reality, no woman wants to bang her brother. That's the essence of the whole, *why can't men and women be friends* argument.

And I disagree with Banano. For the most part, banging is just banging. It seldom has to do with deepening a friendship.

Sure, there are the 'Mels' in the world but those women are rare.
16 years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2414
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:01 pm

Re: Can a Man Ever Just Be Friends with a Girl?

Postby Teal Lantern » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:31 am

Tsar wrote:I've heard some members write that men can't ever just be friends with a girl. That if a man is a friend with a girl it means he's interested in her for more than friendship. Is that true? I'd like to know what everyone thinks on the topic.


Can't ever? I disagree. At various points in your life, certain girls can be GREAT friends. :mrgreen:
Examples:
    She works at the burger joint you like and your order of "small fries" regularly gets upgraded to the "Extra! Bigass! Fries!", no additional charge, or you get one more side item than you paid for.

    She works at the pizza or donut place, where they let the employees have whatever isn't sold by end of shift.

    Last semester, she took (and aced) a STEM class you're taking this semester -- and saved her notes & exams.

    Has her own car and is willing to run a few errands for you, or let you borrow hers while yours is in the shop.

    Her employee discount would save you a bundle on that big flat screen or new console you want.

    She'll type up that term paper for you, gratis, so you can catch up on some badly needed sleep.
So on and so forth... and since they're all "just friends", they can't complain that you have more than one.
Free food or favors for years, and you never had to even show her your d**k. 8)
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
User avatar
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2686
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:48 pm
Location: Briar Patch, Universe 25

Re: Can a Man Ever Just Be Friends with a Girl?

Postby Ghost » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:07 am

As long as there's no attraction on either side, then sure. I have one female friend.

Still on a completely different level than male friends of course.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:23 am

Re: Can a Man Ever Just Be Friends with a Girl?

Postby Yohan » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:11 am

Tsar wrote:I've heard some members write that men can't ever just be friends with a girl. That if a man is a friend with a girl it means he's interested in her for more than friendship...


It works always in both directions, never only from men to women, this is feminist rhetoric to blame men for everything.
Only men are interested in women, but never women in men?

I think, yes, you can be friend as a man with a woman, married or not does not matter, if BOTH have something in common EXCEPT a sexual relationship. For example studying something together, or being active in any charity etc. etc.
User avatar
Yohan
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2215
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:05 am
Location: Tokyo, JAPAN

Re: Can a Man Ever Just Be Friends with a Girl?

Postby skater » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:09 am

Nope, have you guys never heard of the Ladder Theory?
User avatar
skater
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:51 am

Re: Can a Man Ever Just Be Friends with a Girl?

Postby Ghost » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:38 am

I should add that while possible, it's very unlikely because if a man tries to befriend a woman it is almost always because he wants her romantically. You don't exactly see many guys trying to make friends with ugly women, though it does happen. It's very unlikely from the woman's side of things because women almost always make male friends in order to have them as utilities. Those computers won't fix themselves...
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:23 am

Re: Can a Man Ever Just Be Friends with a Girl?

Postby Tsar » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:59 am

Ghost wrote:I should add that while possible, it's very unlikely because if a man tries to befriend a woman it is almost always because he wants her romantically. You don't exactly see many guys trying to make friends with ugly women, though it does happen. It's very unlikely from the woman's side of things because women almost always make male friends in order to have them as utilities. Those computers won't fix themselves...


That's what I think is very true.

Everything in the world is basically a transaction. Machiavellian types believe that everyone essentially wants something from someone or there wouldn't be any relationship. It's very unlikely a man would befriend an attractive woman just to only be a friend (physical attraction=desire for sex), and it's unlikely she would just want a male friend for the sake of having one (she would want free dinners, activities, etc. maybe a backup boyfriend. easy freebies for her).

The ladder theory also seems to be correct.
Tsar
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1824
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: Can a Man Ever Just Be Friends with a Girl?

Postby Ghost » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:33 am

Tsar wrote:
Ghost wrote:I should add that while possible, it's very unlikely because if a man tries to befriend a woman it is almost always because he wants her romantically. You don't exactly see many guys trying to make friends with ugly women, though it does happen. It's very unlikely from the woman's side of things because women almost always make male friends in order to have them as utilities. Those computers won't fix themselves...


That's what I think is very true.

Everything in the world is basically a transaction. Machiavellian types believe that everyone essentially wants something from someone or there wouldn't be any relationship. It's very unlikely a man would befriend an attractive woman just to only be a friend (physical attraction=desire for sex), and it's unlikely she would just want a male friend for the sake of having one (she would want free dinners, activities, etc. maybe a backup boyfriend. easy freebies for her).

The ladder theory also seems to be correct.


Having a give and take isn't inherently bad. It's how natural systems work - there is give and take in balance. The problem is not in that, but in the system being unbalanced to the point where one side (females) are taking everything from the other side (men.) Ditto for parasitic friends.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:23 am

Re: Can a Man Ever Just Be Friends with a Girl?

Postby Teal Lantern » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:29 am

skater wrote:Nope, have you guys never heard of the Ladder Theory?

Of course we have. Now, put a few 5/10s or 'hot, but cray-crays' on the 'friend' ladder, and LEAVE them there. :lol:

OP asked was "friends with a girl" possible. Answer: Sometimes. Examples already provided.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
User avatar
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2686
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:48 pm
Location: Briar Patch, Universe 25

Re: Can a Man Ever Just Be Friends with a Girl?

Postby Wolfeye » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:00 am

Yes, but if she's hot he'd sleep with her if she was to start things up. It's not always with motive or deceit, it's just that it would almost definitely be an interest if it became a possibility.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1138
Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:18 am

Re: Can a Man Ever Just Be Friends with a Girl?

Postby HouseMD » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:27 pm

Yeah. I've got plenty of female friends, many of whom are married our soon to be married at this point, that I really don't have an interest in. While I have slept with a few of them in the past, many I haven't and wouldn't ever consider. One thing that can't really happen though is going from dating back to friends- once you cross that threshold, 99% of the time, there's no going back.
User avatar
HouseMD
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1194
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:20 am
Location: Buried Under a Pile of Books

Next

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSNbot Media, yick and 8 guests