Where can I go with 1000 dollars for a week?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Mr.Darcy
Freshman Poster

Where can I go with 1000 dollars for a week?

Post by Mr.Darcy »

I was thinking about taking amtrak across the country to explore with that 15 day pass. Also, it is cheap to fly to Costa Rica. Any suggesitons?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Re: Where can I go with 1000 dollars for a week

Post by Johnny1975 »

Mr.Darcy
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr.Darcy »

I don't care if I see a city by just train. I just want to explore something. If I stay in the US, would yall recommend staying 2 nights in Seattle, Portland, San Fran, LA, or San Diego? If I were to go to Costa RIca, how would I ge to the Panama Canal because I want to see it.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 20th, 2020, 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
travelsouth
Freshman Poster

Post by travelsouth »

It all depends on where you fly out of. You could drive to the border (but be selective about that). You could fly to Mexico, but the flight cost will vary based on dates too. 1500 is a better budget. Flight could be 400 to 700 to DF. 30 or 40 bucks a night for a room. You are going to want some cash to spend on the ground. The dollar is doing very well against the peso, so your trip could be super cheap if you get a good price on the flight.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Re: Where can I go with 1000 dollars for a week?

Post by zacb »

Mexico, Costa Rica, Or Panama might be a good idea. You could also consider cruises, some of which go for as low as $300-400 for 7 nights from Fort Lauderdale. Granted it is a bit touristy, but it is an option. I spent around $800 to go to Panama for a week (due to some unforeseen circumstances it cost a bit more, but long story). It was a fun time in Panama City and I would recommend it.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com