Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

What is your monthly income?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Re: What is your monthly income?

Postby tamdrin12 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:27 am

I'm living in northern Thailand where things are pretty cheap and I'm only making approximately $900 USD per month teaching English. I started an online store (check link in my signature) to make some extra money, hoping to make an extra $500 a month if possible. Any of you kind fellas wanna check out my store and support my cause? :)

I'm happy to take suggestions for items you want to see there is a lot of cool stuff and reasonably priced here in northern Thailand.
Been living abroad for 4 years now. India, Nepal, Taiwan, and Thailand. Currently in Thailand teaching English as my bread and butter.

Check out my online store featuring cool jewelry and items at very reasonable prices from Thailand!

http://thailand-treasures.myshopify.com/collections/all
tamdrin12
Freshman Poster

Postby Ghost » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:46 am

Well, there's another. So we're up to 5 or 6 of us who have told our income. I wonder why Tsar thinks it's so strange or terrible to post your income online (especially given anonymity.) I think it was because he just wanted to "get" me on something, anything. Yet another fail.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Johnny1975 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:22 pm

My income is zero. I'm so envious of you lot, I could rip my hair out.

***** Join my forum for entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs : *****

http://inspiredentrepreneur.forumotion.com/

And while you're at it...

*** Buy my motherf***ing book NOW!!!!! *** -----> http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K5ZHTCW

DO IT!
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Postby OutWest » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:52 pm

Ghost wrote:Well, there's another. So we're up to 5 or 6 of us who have told our income. I wonder why Tsar thinks it's so strange or terrible to post your income online (especially given anonymity.) I think it was because he just wanted to "get" me on something, anything. Yet another fail.

Maybe he will work up the courage to leave the little shithole of Rhode island , one of the worst economies in the USA.

Income? Not exactly sure. We spend about 2500 a month in the Philippines and we are very comfortable, with no rent or house payment. When in Oregon, we spend about $4000 monthly. We have an old farmhouse with no mortgage, so that helps lot. Anything else, we don't spend, or it remains within an llc for other purposes, undistributed as income to members.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Postby xiongmao » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:00 pm

I guess I'm bringing in around $6500 a month now. Feels good man. Most of that is from my C#/SQL job, but I work my investments very hard and I also make some money online (but not as much as I used to).

I now work in the City of London which is the #1 financial centre in the World (sorry Wall Street!). Well, whatever, because London is the undisputed #1 place for insurance, which is what I now work in. I credit my CELTA with giving me the confidence to pass interviews that in the past I would have flopped.

On the plus side my job is interesting, there are amazing places to grab lunch and the place is absolutely full of attractive alpha females. On the downside, well you can pay $10 just for a bowl of salad and I've been out of my room for nearly 12 hours a day every single day this week.

Still, if anyone is geekily obsessive but doesn't want to cut code, then insurance is a good thing to get into - you don't need a degree either. #1 quality is you have to learn from your mistakes. If you're more outgoing then you might do better in the sales side of the business.

Well life is good right now, but I'm under no illusions that I won't be able to do this forever, and when my job comes to its natural end I'll go somewhere and teach something.
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Postby S_Parc » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:49 pm

OutWest wrote:
Ghost wrote:Well, there's another. So we're up to 5 or 6 of us who have told our income. I wonder why Tsar thinks it's so strange or terrible to post your income online (especially given anonymity.) I think it was because he just wanted to "get" me on something, anything. Yet another fail.

Maybe he will work up the courage to leave the little shithole of Rhode island , one of the worst economies in the USA.

Much of R.I. is striking distance of the greater Boston area, at least the south shore region, which is one of the decent northeast economies, as well as the CT shore.

And given the fact that MA companies, like Fidelity, etc, have moved offices there and so forth, R.I. isn't the same economic shithole as it was in prior years. Even in the past couple of years, I'd heard from companies in Woonsocket, Cranston, and Providence. The place isn't northern Idaho by any stretch of the imagination.
16 years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Postby skater » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:06 pm

I make a little less than $1100 semimonthly.

But I'm a moron who spends like there's no tomorrow on clothes and clubben.

I need to get my finances in order if I ever wanna go abroad.
skater
Freshman Poster

Postby ladislav » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:28 pm

After all the taxes are paid- around $5670 and then there is a 401K that puts another $425 into my account at the end of the month. So, $6K before the expenses. A bonus of $3600 at the end of the year, too.
After I pay the mortgage and insurance and car payments and all the other bills- I'd say I'm left with some $3200-$3500 disposable income.
Not bad, but could do better.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Devon » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:54 pm

I have a similar income to Ladislav: in US dollars I earn $5388 per month after taxes plus I receive $225 per month as a 401K contribution. No juicy bonus for me at the end of the year, however. My income used to be about 20% higher in USD terms but the AUS $ depreciated sharply against the USD about four months ago.

I also get $900 per month from investments, mostly dividend paying stocks and some fixed interest.

My disposal income is pretty low as I make pretty steep mortgage payments.
Devon
Freshman Poster

Postby tamdrin12 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:08 am

ladislav wrote:After all the taxes are paid- around $5670 and then there is a 401K that puts another $425 into my account at the end of the month. So, $6K before the expenses. A bonus of $3600 at the end of the year, too.
After I pay the mortgage and insurance and car payments and all the other bills- I'd say I'm left with some $3200-$3500 disposable income.
Not bad, but could do better.

Ladislav, I'm guessing your not teaching English anymore if your making that kind of salary, unless your in Saudi. So what are you doing? Congrats.. that is a lot of money if you are living in Asia.
Been living abroad for 4 years now. India, Nepal, Taiwan, and Thailand. Currently in Thailand teaching English as my bread and butter.

Check out my online store featuring cool jewelry and items at very reasonable prices from Thailand!

http://thailand-treasures.myshopify.com/collections/all
tamdrin12
Freshman Poster

Postby ladislav » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:27 am

.[/quote]Ladislav, I'm guessing your not teaching English anymore if your making that kind of salary, unless your in Saudi. So what are you doing? Congrats.. that is a lot of money if you are living in Asia.[/quote]

Well, I am in Saudi now and yes, I am "training" English- and it's military English- although the company is American, and we are paid from the US. I am on a business visa here as a consultant. We get 6 weeks vacations a year, so this is how I can fly out to Moldova, Phils and UA. When I was in the US, I worked on a Saudi related job, too.

I also have a couple of houses which I rent out and they give me some income. Gross is like $2200, net is a bit over $500. Not a lot but it's also an investment that appreciates ( hopefully). If I raise the rent, I may get over 800 in rent a month net- which one can live on in the Phils if needed. Or even in UA.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Seeker » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:14 am

Around $3000 after tax plus free housing and a bonus. I live in China for now. Hopefully I can get $4000 next year with my next job.
Seeker
Freshman Poster

Postby Ghost » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:18 pm

Seeker wrote:Around $3000 after tax plus free housing and a bonus. I live in China for now. Hopefully I can get $4000 next year with my next job.

Are you teaching or a different job? What city do you live in? For that salary it must be a first tier city. I'm think about upgrading to that for my next job.

Anyway, that's about 14 or 15 of us who told our incomes in this thread. A win for me. Tsar apparently has left the forum. Hopefully he'll finally attempt to get himself to a better spot in life now.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby nomadphilippines » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:45 pm

i will post mine if ghost will quit trolling every post i make accusing me of being some former poster on this site that i have zero knowledge of
nomadphilippines
Freshman Poster

Postby Ghost » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:36 am

nomadphilippines wrote:i will post mine if ghost will quit trolling every post i make accusing me of being some former poster on this site that i have zero knowledge of

I will when you quit passing the duck test.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions