Want a way to make money online - playing poker?

Discuss issues related to business, finance, taxes, investments, cost of living in different countries, etc.
nomadphilippines
Freshman Poster

Want a way to make money online - playing poker?

Post by nomadphilippines »

I've been playing poker for 12 years and have made money at it for every year. The crazy part is I really am not even that good at the game. I have very little 'poker skill,' I can't look at someone and soul read whether he is bluffing or not, and I put zero time studying or trying to improve my game.

I got into the game because I wanted a way to make money while sitting around my apartment smoking w33d and eating cheetos. 9-5's were never my thing. This was during the poker boom and things were super easy. Sit around, wait for good hands, get paid.

For 12 years that has worked, though its a bit tougher to find good games now. But if you put in the effort to find them bad players are still around and there is still money to be made.

Since I know there are lots of people that would love to make some money 'working' online I decided to write an eBook about the way I play. You may be asking why is someone that admittedly has no poker skills and doesn't know that much about the game writing an eBook?

Well the reason is simple: It's not an eBook that will make an already ok poker player a great one. It's not an eBook that will teach you how to win the World Series of Poker, and it's not an eBook that will make you rich.

The only reasons that I make money at the game are because A) I only play in good games and B) I have dumbed down poker to a very simple and easy way to make some money.

Now there is no guarantee you will win, it's gambling after all. but if you take the time to find the good games AND do what the book says you should make some money. I am currently making roughly 2,000 a month, but of course it fluctuates. One month may be $5,000 up, the next may be $500 down, you never know.

Along with the eBook you will get a link to a poker strategy site that will not only give you more free training (which will probably tell you everything my book says is dumb lol, I don't play a standard way AT ALL) but it will also give you $50 of free play. So for the price of the book ($4.99) you not only get a super simple strategy that has supported my life in Asia over the years (and my life before that) you also get $50 of free play.

If you are interested check it out here: http://nomadphilippines.com/lazy-guide-to-poker-ebook

If you lose please don't blame me, instead call 1-800-Betsoff and tell them you have a gambling problem :).
avid follower of site about travel and girls https://guysnightlife.com

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

chibolo
Junior Poster

Re: Want a way to make money online?

Post by chibolo »

Any proof that this actually works?
nomadphilippines
Freshman Poster

i moved to asia 3 years ago with 5800 and im still here

i moved to vegas almost ten years ago with even less than 5800 and only had to get a part time job for about a year when 1 cold stretch almost wiped me out

there are certainly no guarantees, but im really not lying when i say i put in basically no studying, training etc., i just mindelessly sit there doing the same thing day after day

its mostly about putting in the effort to find good games and having the discipline to do the right thing each time

if you get drunk and blow off a lot of your bank roll it will be hard to recover

if you get unlucky a couple of times (which will happen) are you gonna go 'on tilt' and make things that much worse, or can you either continue to play your A game, or maybe just call it a day and dont turn a small losing day into a disaster
chibolo
Junior Poster

Post by chibolo »

nomadphilippines wrote:i moved to asia 3 years ago with 5800 and im still here

i moved to vegas almost ten years ago with even less than 5800 and only had to get a part time job for about a year when 1 cold stretch almost wiped me out

there are certainly no guarantees, but im really not lying when i say i put in basically no studying, training etc., i just mindelessly sit there doing the same thing day after day

its mostly about putting in the effort to find good games and having the discipline to do the right thing each time

if you get drunk and blow off a lot of your bank roll it will be hard to recover

if you get unlucky a couple of times (which will happen) are you gonna go 'on tilt' and make things that much worse, or can you either continue to play your A game, or maybe just call it a day and dont turn a small losing day into a disaster
Don't you have some statistics you can post that show you are a consistent winner? I am interested but skeptical.
nomadphilippines
Freshman Poster

here are my official poker ranking pages:

http://www.officialpokerrankings.com/par...B.html?t=2

http://www.officialpokerrankings.com/pok...F.html?t=2

http://www.officialpokerrankings.com/ful...B.html?t=2

late 2013 i switched to cash games, no real way to 'prove' that

also my best site for the 2009-2011 years was ultimate bet and that is no longer listed on OPR, but consistently profitable throughout and being in the 99th+ percentile aint to shabby

but mtt's are a stressful life, can go months with no wins, cash games are much less swingy

and if for some reason you think im giving you fake profiles (i would have picked a more profitable player if this was a con) head over to the 2+2 poker forum to the travel section and it will be pretty easy to see i am the same person (my profile there has a link to my blog)
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Want a way to make money online playing poker?

Post by Winston »

Can you really make money online playing poker consistently? Wouldn't any winning systems or loopholes be closed by now? Has anyone ever bought this kind of course or tried it?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Re: Want a way to make money online - playing poker?

Post by kangarunner »

Does anyone on this forum play poker online for money? If so, what sites do you play on?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
WButler89
Freshman Poster

Re: Want a way to make money online - playing poker?

Post by WButler89 »

I often play poker for small amounts with friends and office colleagues. Once upon a time I was addicted to poker and I could lose all my earnings in a few games. Then I took a break for several months and now I play more responsibly. Never, under any circumstances, expect too much from gambling and treat it as a form of entertainment!