Is the 20 percent getting 80 percent a myth?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Re: Is the 20 percent getting 80 percent a myth?

Post by Teal Lantern »

drronnie wrote:Many men are complaining that in today's dating scene most men go empty handed as 80 percent of the women want the top 20 percent of the guys. Even though I have pretty much difficulty in the dating game I think that figure is too extreme because I see most average looking guys are in relationships.
If you're willing to overlook the ick factor, you can get closer to the real numbers by looking at the CDC's STD stats.
Percentage of infected men in a given age range vs percentage of infected women in the same age range.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

fschmidt wrote:There now seems to be concrete proof that this is true.

"Unlike I thought, 240 of the 300 girls actually had sex through tinder! Only less than 50 of the 300 men, which is remarkable."
http://www.girlsaskguys.com/sexual-beha ... mash-a-lot

Let us pray that all members of this culture die as soon as possible.
It seems that the stats would be badly skewed. Various sources put the ratio of men to women on tinder to be 5 or 10 to 1. Any sampling would be baddly distorted by that imbalance.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

OutWest wrote:It seems that the stats would be badly skewed. Various sources put the ratio of men to women on tinder to be 5 or 10 to 1. Any sampling would be baddly distorted by that imbalance.
That makes sense, so I am back to "no one knows".
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

drronnie wrote:
yick wrote:There are lots of women who are out of the dating scene, I know of women who have been single for years.

They don't need a man - that seems to hurt some people on here but they are 'going their own way'. They could get a man if they wanted to, attractive, intelligent and young. They just don't want to.

It isn't western civilisation or the Anglosphere, in the good old days when working people (especially women) needed a family unit to survive - people got married, nowadays, women can live and prosper on their own - not just in the west, also in places like Japan, Taiwan - anywhere where there is wealth are women who are not interested in dating, marrying or men in general. In poorer countries like Philippines and Indonesia - marriage is a way out of poverty and that why it is easier to find a wife there than it is in Taiwan.
Steve Hoca was talking about a dating limbo. This means that women in good jobs are not into dating. They
certainly have lots of f**k buddies who are hot and fun guys. The notion is that all you need to have a decent job and be a gentleman to be attractive to women does not see to cut it anymore
In the West, most women don't need men. Men are not part of their life's plan. Only until about 35 while they think about making babies are men even in the equation. In the West it is not even 80/20 because so many women are happy being alone.
drronnie
Freshman Poster

Post by drronnie »

Western women do meet men as fxxck buddies but do not really want relationship. However I wonder how the future would look like in Europe with more and more immigrants who do not believe in the feminism and casual sex lifestyle
Randolph
Freshman Poster

Post by Randolph »

About 50% of millennial men have not had sex in the last year, so it is true that sexual starvation is common in America. People are also having less sex/year than they were in earlier sexually free times and in sexually unfree times, that is also true.

But, obviously it is not literally true that 20 percent of men get 80 percent of the sex. That is exaggerated.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

I heard a report from ABC news recently that stated 70% of men in America have had zero to one sex partners in the last 12 months. That means only 30% of men in the US have had more than one sex partner in the past 12 months.

I also read a news article last year that said in America, married couples are having less sex today than they did 30 years ago.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
drronnie
Freshman Poster

Post by drronnie »

jamesbond wrote:I heard a report from ABC news recently that stated 70% of men in America have had zero to one sex partners in the last 12 months. That means only 30% of men in the US have had more than one sex partner in the past 12 months.

I also read a news article last year that said in America, married couples are having less sex today than they did 30 years ago.
But I guess women are having as much sex if no more sex only that they are in line to f..ck a chad