Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Family Conflicts Because You Want To Travel Abroad.

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Family Conflicts Because You Want To Travel Abroad.

Postby MJay1978 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:07 pm

I wanted to touch on this topic since nobody has really brought it up. Why is it that if you tell your family you want to find a foreign woman outside of the US, they get so prejudice about it? I had to touch on this because it's a continuing problem I'm dealing with, which is hurting the relationship with my family. It doesn't matter if it's a brother, sister, even your own mother and father. I've heard the most common nonsense based on their opinions, which is the following. And I'm sure I'm not the only one who as they say "feel the wrath of the family members" if you even dare tell them you want to either find a foreign woman or move to a different country for better women.

1. They say the foreign women only want you for money. They only act sweet as a means to trick you and only want to see what they can get out of your pocket.

2. You're going to get killed no matter what country you go to. Most countries are dangerous around the world.

3. Most countries hate us and have prejudice against the United States. Most foreigners hate Americans.

4. The most famous one I hear all the time, which I do NOT believe NAWALTs exist in the U.S. Even your own family tells you that not all women in America are like that.

I could come up with more lines they use, but all of this is ridiculous and nonsense! How come Winston hasn't talked about this yet? Perhaps he should. But from here on out, I'm keeping my plans a secret from my own family members. I just wish I had a family that understood rather than family members who fight against you because you see a different perspective based on experience as far as how most American women are. This form of prejudice needs to stop and I think Winston Wu should warn those who have family members like this and coach them on what to do under circumstances.

I hate fighting against my own family members. But if anything makes me angry the most, it is when a person no matter who it is tries to cram their bullshit down my throat in attempt to change my belies based on how I feel about American women and foreign women. Anyone in here agree with me on this? I want to know what your thoughts are on this.
MJay1978
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 179
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:52 pm







Re: Family Conflicts Because You Want To Travel Abroad.

Postby Farmer308 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:19 pm

MJay1978 wrote:I wanted to touch on this topic since nobody has really brought it up. Why is it that if you tell your family you want to find a foreign woman outside of the US, they get so prejudice about it? I had to touch on this because it's a continuing problem I'm dealing with, which is hurting the relationship with my family. It doesn't matter if it's a brother, sister, even your own mother and father. I've heard the most common nonsense based on their opinions, which is the following. And I'm sure I'm not the only one who as they say "feel the wrath of the family members" if you even dare tell them you want to either find a foreign woman or move to a different country for better women.

1. They say the foreign women only want you for money. They only act sweet as a means to trick you and only want to see what they can get out of your pocket.

2. You're going to get killed no matter what country you go to. Most countries are dangerous around the world.

3. Most countries hate us and have prejudice against the United States. Most foreigners hate Americans.

4. The most famous one I hear all the time, which I do NOT believe NAWALTs exist in the U.S. Even your own family tells you that not all women in America are like that.

I could come up with more lines they use, but all of this is ridiculous and nonsense! How come Winston hasn't talked about this yet? Perhaps he should. But from here on out, I'm keeping my plans a secret from my own family members. I just wish I had a family that understood rather than family members who fight against you because you see a different perspective based on experience as far as how most American women are. This form of prejudice needs to stop and I think Winston Wu should warn those who have family members like this and coach them on what to do under circumstances.

I hate fighting against my own family members. But if anything makes me angry the most, it is when a person no matter who it is tries to cram their bullshit down my throat in attempt to change my belies based on how I feel about American women and foreign women. Anyone in here agree with me on this? I want to know what your thoughts are on this.



I am confused. Are you a minor? Are you financially dependant on your parents?
If the answer to either of these then you need to heed to your family's advice.
Of the answer is yes then:
1. Why on earth are you sharing your business with your family?
2. Man the "F" up! Take care of your business and leave your family out of it.
Farmer308
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:29 pm

Re: Family Conflicts Because You Want To Travel Abroad.

Postby MJay1978 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:58 pm

Who the f**k are you to tell me to man up?! >.< And whoever said I was financially dependant on my family?! I hope you're not a simp. You sound like a f***ing white knight to me! =P Don't ever use that man the f*** up bullshit phrase on me again or I'll shove a bamboo stick up your ass. =P
MJay1978
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 179
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:52 pm

Re: Family Conflicts Because You Want To Travel Abroad.

Postby Farmer308 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:28 am

MJay1978 wrote:Who the f**k are you to tell me to man up?! >.< And whoever said I was financially dependant on my family?! I hope you're not a simp. You sound like a f***ing white knight to me! =P Don't ever use that man the f*** up bullshit phrase on me again or I'll shove a bamboo stick up your a**. =P



LOL! Maybe you don't know this but sentences woth the "?" mean it's a question. So as you can see I never said you were financially dependant on your parents. I asked if you were. Making a statement and asking a question are different and seperate things.
If you don't wish to be told to man up then it's very simple, don't come here and ask question that a grown man needen't ask
Farmer308
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:29 pm

Re: Family Conflicts Because You Want To Travel Abroad.

Postby fightforlove » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:04 am

I caught some hard flack from my parents, particularly my Mother, when I told them that I had met a girl in Mexico. I warmed them up with conversation and one well-written letter explaining my situation and why I'm considering the long-distance option. You have to figure out what your situation is and where that resistance is coming from, so you'll know how to approach dealing with them.

I get a little funny responses from a few friends as well, "oh, so the women in your own country aren't good enough for you?!" These are comments coming from my guy friends who are perpetually single or have rocky marriages, lol. Just be tactful and explain that you're into travel, learning about other cultures, and are interested in opening your search abroad. Be positive and don't bitch, complain about American women, or make it look like you're miserable (even if you are). Get an open dialogue going, be positive but assertive in your choices. Absolutely no balking, compromising, negative/desperate talk, or passivity. There has to be a way that you can maintain peace with your family while you pursue your choice to consider a foreign woman.
fightforlove
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 525
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:41 pm
Location: on an adventure between Wisconsin and Jalisco

Re: Family Conflicts Because You Want To Travel Abroad.

Postby OutWest » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:30 am

fightforlove wrote:I caught some hard flack from my parents, particularly my Mother, when I told them that I had met a girl in Mexico. I warmed them up with conversation and one well-written letter explaining my situation and why I'm considering the long-distance option. You have to figure out what your situation is and where that resistance is coming from, so you'll know how to approach dealing with them.

I get a little funny responses from a few friends as well, "oh, so the women in your own country aren't good enough for you?!" These are comments coming from my guy friends who are perpetually single or have rocky marriages, lol. Just be tactful and explain that you're into travel, learning about other cultures, and are interested in opening your search abroad. Be positive and don't bitch, complain about American women, or make it look like you're miserable (even if you are). Get an open dialogue going, be positive but assertive in your choices. Absolutely no balking, compromising, negative/desperate talk, or passivity. There has to be a way that you can maintain peace with your family while you pursue your choice to consider a foreign woman.



A family should be happy that you find love, whoever it might be. If they are judgemental or racist...don't let them bully you.
OutWest
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2060
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:09 am
Location: Asia/USA

Re: Family Conflicts Because You Want To Travel Abroad.

Postby droid » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:51 am

fightforlove wrote:I caught some hard flack from my parents, particularly my Mother, when I told them that I had met a girl in Mexico. I warmed them up with conversation and one well-written letter explaining my situation and why I'm considering the long-distance option. You have to figure out what your situation is and where that resistance is coming from, so you'll know how to approach dealing with them.

I get a little funny responses from a few friends as well, "oh, so the women in your own country aren't good enough for you?!" These are comments coming from my guy friends who are perpetually single or have rocky marriages, lol. Just be tactful and explain that you're into travel, learning about other cultures, and are interested in opening your search abroad. Be positive and don't bitch, complain about American women, or make it look like you're miserable (even if you are). Get an open dialogue going, be positive but assertive in your choices. Absolutely no balking, compromising, negative/desperate talk, or passivity. There has to be a way that you can maintain peace with your family while you pursue your choice to consider a foreign woman.


^^This
Unfortunately one has to guard against dishonesty, as nobility now seems to be a rare characteristic.

Reminds me of this:
https://www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/2715274-die-kunst-recht-zu-behalten

“If human nature were not base, but thoroughly honourable, we should in every debate have no other aim than the discovery of truth; we should not in the least care whether the truth proved to be in favour of the opinion which we had begun by expressing, or of the opinion of our adversary. That we should regard as a matter of no moment, or, at any rate, of very secondary consequence; but, as things are, it is the main concern. Our innate vanity, which is particularly sensitive in reference to our intellectual powers, will not suffer us to allow that our first position was wrong and our adversary’s right. The way out of this difficulty would be simply to take the trouble always to form a correct judgment. For this a man would have to think before he spoke. But, with most men, innate vanity is accompanied by loquacity and innate dishonesty. They speak before they think; and even though they may afterwards perceive that they are wrong, and that what they assert is false, they want it to seem thecontrary. The interest in truth, which may be presumed to have been their only motive when they stated the proposition alleged to be true, now gives way to the interests of vanity: and so, for the sake of vanity, what is true must seem false, and what is false must seem true.”
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
User avatar
droid
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2445
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:38 am

Re: Family Conflicts Because You Want To Travel Abroad.

Postby Ghost » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:20 am

1. They say the foreign women only want you for money. They only act sweet as a means to trick you and only want to see what they can get out of your pocket.


Point out to them that no woman marries to do worse in life; all women marry for resources - that's part of the design.

2. You're going to get killed no matter what country you go to. Most countries are dangerous around the world.


The best way to disprove this is travel a bit, then return home and disprove it directly with your own experiences.

3. Most countries hate us and have prejudice against the United States. Most foreigners hate Americans.


You'll more likely be judged on who you are, not your nationality. Not saying there aren't exceptions. But generally being a decent person towards people will work and you'll be treated well.

4. The most famous one I hear all the time, which I do NOT believe NAWALTs exist in the U.S. Even your own family tells you that not all women in America are like that.


You could point out the divorce rates, the very low paternal custody rates, and other numbers about alimony, child support, etc. Then make the analogy that marrying an AW is like pulling the pin on a grenade, hoping it won't blow up in your face.
Last edited by Ghost on Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:23 am

Re: Family Conflicts Because You Want To Travel Abroad.

Postby The_Adventurer » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:26 am

I would say to them:

"Pull out your phone."

"What? So an American phone isn't good enough for you?"

"What car do you drive?"

"So an American car isn't good enough for you?"

These people complaining are likely using foreign phones, foreign computers and driving around in foreign cars. They are also wearing foreign clothes since the most popular brands are usually European and made (in sweatshops) in Asia.

"We live in a global society now. I am just taking best advantage of it."
“b***y is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of b***y in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
User avatar
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1384
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:17 pm

Re: Family Conflicts Because You Want To Travel Abroad.

Postby Ghost » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:41 am

The_Adventurer wrote:I would say to them:

"Pull out your phone."

"What? So an American phone isn't good enough for you?"

"What car do you drive?"

"So an American car isn't good enough for you?"

These people complaining are likely using foreign phones, foreign computers and driving around in foreign cars. They are also wearing foreign clothes since the most popular brands are usually European and made (in sweatshops) in Asia.

"We live in a global society now. I am just taking best advantage of it."


Gold. :lol:
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:23 am

Re: Family Conflicts Because You Want To Travel Abroad.

Postby Balmung » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:45 am

The_Adventurer wrote:I would say to them:

"Pull out your phone."

"What? So an American phone isn't good enough for you?"

"What car do you drive?"

"So an American car isn't good enough for you?"

These people complaining are likely using foreign phones, foreign computers and driving around in foreign cars. They are also wearing foreign clothes since the most popular brands are usually European and made (in sweatshops) in Asia.

"We live in a global society now. I am just taking best advantage of it."


As my Filipina girlfriend said in a chat the other day, "Philippines is known for BPO, business process outsourcing. Just tell them you're going to the Philippines for RPO- relationship process outsourcing."
Balmung
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:07 pm

Re: Family Conflicts Because You Want To Travel Abroad.

Postby jamesbond » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:04 am

Tell them American women are a joke and then just walk away! :D

Image

Image
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
User avatar
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7492
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:45 pm
Location: USA


Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: yick and 8 guests