Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

A White "American" Getting Started In Europe?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

A White "American" Getting Started In Europe?

Postby Wolfeye » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:28 pm

Hey, everyone. I know I've posted different things about this before (whether the place I came from would cause me a problem if I moved abroad, how things are going with the Muslim problem in Europe, etc...) & was hoping for some specifics on getting started in Europe.

Of course I'd appreciate any info, but I'm particularly interested in Eastern Europe (the Czech Republic, in particular) & in the Mediterranean (Portugal & Spain, particularly). I have an interest in other areas (Romania, Moldova, Hungary- somewhat Italy & Greece, although I could see both being hard to integrate myself into at the moment). Getting work as a foreigner is a large concern. I don't know who's going to be hiring & I don't look Arabic, but I DO look Italian (that might get me to look Arabic in some places). Even though I'm looking to support myself, another one is potentially getting government benefits if things don't work out well (or just so people looking to screw up the country don't get it).

Probably the BIGGEST concern for me is "living grey." I worry quite a bit about it taking a long time to get citizenship (even through my ancestry) or residency (through any means). If the time overlaps the limit I can stay there legally, what happens afterward when I try to get all these things going or to leave the country? Do I get locked-up? Is it a fine? Anybody ever "live grey" in Europe & then get citizenship or anything?

Same questions throughout for South America. Any info, particularly on the "semi-illegal alien" stuff, would be greatly appreciated.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Re: A White "American" Getting Started In Europe?

Postby droid » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:55 am

I love how I keep pitching Slovakia, and it keeps getting ignored, as if it didn't exist at all lol.
That's great news for me, no competition. I should be there in a couple of years, god willing.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
droid
Veteran Poster

Re: A White "American" Getting Started In Europe?

Postby Wolfeye » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:22 pm

droid: I DO remember when you mentioned Slovakia- I just don't know anything about it, yet. I thought about putting it on the list, but I don't know much of anything about it (except that it exists). All the same stuff about Slovakia would be real interesting, if you wouldn't mind filling me in on it.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Return to General Discussions