I believe that Winston should stop falling in love

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

I believe that Winston should stop falling in love

Post by S_Parc »

I' m going to quote one of Marco's posts, to kick off this subject matter
MarcosZeitola wrote:Sounds believable to me. I remember just a few months ago, Winston claimed to have found the love of his life in China... she was clever, bright, philosophical and simply all-round awesome. Quite a pretty thing, too. Winston was sure he had found his soulmate, even! But she ended up being a psycho c**t, and cheated on him, sleeping with an Indian dude behind his back. She belittled him and insulted him at any given opportunity, and there were tons of warning signs he readily ignored, blinded by what he thought was love... the type of experience he could just as easily have replicated with an American woman, in short.

These women, once they get pregnant they can't have another kid. With the one child policy in place, they're forced to "play the field" a little, trying to find a man who is worthy of having a kid with and who is sure to stick around. They can't waste their future on a deadbeat Lothario who would leave them in the dirt. So, I imagine they'd rather go and sample 19 potential matches before picking out the flavor they like most.

At the end of the day, they're only human. And in terms of rampant materialism the city girls are on par with their Western counterparts. Cold, calculating, and perhaps even more inclined to look at a man's financial stability.

Winston claims Chinese women are "racially superior" to Filipina women, but he's full of shit. He has this idyllic view of Chinese ladies because he's doing quite well with them so far, and because he has the unusual talent(?) of getting over lost love fairly quickly, exchanging one lady for another in the blink of an eye. This allows him to more easily overlook their flaws. Of course to a more neutral bystander, these women too are not without their blemishes and are far from perfect. A good man, however, should still be able to find a gem among them no doubt. But let us not delude ourselves and declare them angels. ;)
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Re: I believe that Winston should stop falling in love

Post by S_Parc »

What Marcos doesn't seem to get is that Winston is always looking for a soulmate with similar results, time and time again.

At the same time, Winston is no longer in that 20-35 age bracket, you know, the young, dumb, & full of cum era of one's life.

I would have imagined that between 35 and 45, someone would de-staged that soulmate stuff and come out with a more practical solution for having female companionship whether or not it's MGTOW during stateside stints or a mix of hoes and MGTOW in places like South Korea to Taiwan.

And no, Mel and I don't count. We were already soulmates back when we'd first met and thus, do not fit the soulmate-itis paradigm. When someone knows that you're from a crazy family but does everything to protect you and others from them, that's a real friend, not a stereotypical girlfriend.

A case of soulmate-itis is meeting someone, seeing that you'd both read Krishnamurti and slip on some banana peel on the steps of some pagoda or ancient church, or yes, even a place as cheesy as Thoreau's cabin on Walden Pond outside of Boston. Those are soulmate-itis patterns and need to be eradicated after one's 30s.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

AB discussion thread

Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

YAA, WITH HIMSELF! :mrgreen:
Time to Hide!
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

One does not simply go cold turkey on the oxytocin. :)
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

You know how you have these women who "just can't keep a man"? All their relationship seem to end in tears sooner or later, and they never seem to make it last. Winston is the male version of such a woman; he's a man who just can't keep a woman. Why this is, I do not know. I do not know enough about each and every of his relationships, but I do know they tend to be brief and never life-long.

I don't think he's capable of life-long, of happily ever after. Love is selfless, whereas Winston is inherently selfish. Therefore, even if he did somehow find his soulmate, he would blow it. It wouldn't last, he would find ways to mess things up.

If he found love, genuine love, I would be happy for Winston. But I believe, as others have said before, the only person Winston will ever truly love is Winston. He is his own best friend and his own soulmate, and the girls in his life and his interactions with them will always be fleeting. This is not a man who does "till death do us part", and he would be a fool to try it given his track record.

Winston will forever sabotage his own life's happiness. He will blame this on a variety of reasons. Murphy's Law. Karma. You name it. I think Karma may be as good an explanation as any; he's a lousy father who speaks ill of his own child and his mother, and fasting in a Tibetan monastery is not going to erase his sins. Perhaps to be met with good fortune, he has to do good deeds first and be a good person.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Blue Murder
Junior Poster

Post by Blue Murder »

MarcosZeitola wrote:You know how you have these women who "just can't keep a man"? All their relationship seem to end in tears sooner or later, and they never seem to make it last. Winston is the male version of such a woman; he's a man who just can't keep a woman. Why this is, I do not know. I do not know enough about each and every of his relationships, but I do know they tend to be brief and never life-long.

I don't think he's capable of life-long, of happily ever after. Love is selfless, whereas Winston is inherently selfish. Therefore, even if he did somehow find his soulmate, he would blow it. It wouldn't last, he would find ways to mess things up.

If he found love, genuine love, I would be happy for Winston. But I believe, as others have said before, the only person Winston will ever truly love is Winston. He is his own best friend and his own soulmate, and the girls in his life and his interactions with them will always be fleeting. This is not a man who does "till death do us part", and he would be a fool to try it given his track record.

Winston will forever sabotage his own life's happiness. He will blame this on a variety of reasons. Murphy's Law. Karma. You name it. I think Karma may be as good an explanation as any; he's a lousy father who speaks ill of his own child and his mother, and fasting in a Tibetan monastery is not going to erase his sins. Perhaps to be met with good fortune, he has to do good deeds first and be a good person.
Stop trolling.
Self-improvement addict. Always striving for perfection.
MustVisitAsia123
Freshman Poster

Post by MustVisitAsia123 »

I'm going to take a neutral stance on Winston since I've never talked to this man personally before. I believe Winston can do whatever he wants to do this in case as long as he's willing to accept the consequences. At his age he's choosing adventure over stability so he shouldn't be complaining how he can't find love. At this rate I don't think he can have a happy marriage because of his actions. I'm still very young at the moment but if I were to settle down at latest it would be 35. Winston is hitting his 40s still blaming misfortunes on vague concepts and refusing to take responsibility. I do feel his maturity is lacking for his age no offense.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

MarcosZeitola wrote:You know how you have these women who "just can't keep a man"? All their relationship seem to end in tears sooner or later, and they never seem to make it last. Winston is the male version of such a woman; he's a man who just can't keep a woman. Why this is, I do not know. I do not know enough about each and every of his relationships, but I do know they tend to be brief and never life-long.

To be blunt, despite the fact that I consider myself to be some smart guy, I don't have all the parameters, for every single individual's life.

The way I see it is that a good number of ppl are selfish or let's say, somewhat self-centered, but are able to succeed in relationships, even long term ones.

If I were to come up with some sort of answer, it's perhaps, an adaptability … operative mode. Many and I mean many guys I know of, even ones married to Asian or South American women, in and around the greater Boston-New England/New York/Mid-Atlantic USA regions (along with Canada), call their wives, *the boss*.

In my situation, Mel is never the boss (sorry Mel, if you're reading this). She's instead, my comrade, not too distinct from two soldiers sharing a trench during the first World War, granted w/o the grisly war experiences to make it a rendition of 'All Quiet on the Western Front'.

The truth is that many ppl can't come up with the proper partnership situation for the story of their lives. And thus, you see ppl like Winston, idealize and fantasize about soulmates, when it's not even a feasible possibility, esp after the age of 30.

So a lot of us have a choice, be the boss, let the wife be the boss, or simply be best friends. If the above isn't doable then perhaps, relationships aren't in the cards and seeing hoes is the way to go.

AB discussion thread

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 12th, 2020, 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Never met Winston so I can't say how he is like in real life...but the feeling I get is that he wants his cake and eat it too. He probably does want a soul mate but he has wandering eye and can't really stay faithful. It's not just Winston I think lots of guys have this problem...For some guys in the ideal world have a personal harem will make them happy. That's what Winston wants.

He ought to start a cult or something and say he is the Son of God and that way some girls would want to sleep with him.
Blue Murder
Junior Poster

Post by Blue Murder »

chanta76 wrote:Never met Winston so I can't say how he is like in real life...but the feeling I get is that he wants his cake and eat it too. He probably does want a soul mate but he has wandering eye and can't really stay faithful. It's not just Winston I think lots of guys have this problem...For some guys in the ideal world have a personal harem will make them happy. That's what Winston wants.

He ought to start a cult or something and say he is the Son of God and that way some girls would want to sleep with him.
That's basically all but five people here. A bit more who aren't active.
Self-improvement addict. Always striving for perfection.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

chanta76 wrote:Never met Winston so I can't say how he is like in real life...but the feeling I get is that he wants his cake and eat it too. He probably does want a soul mate but he has wandering eye and can't really stay faithful. It's not just Winston I think lots of guys have this problem...For some guys in the ideal world have a personal harem will make them happy. That's what Winston wants.

Winston mother's child ? not hardly, according to the bible Winston more than likely is going to burn in hell. Once you impregnate the Holy Spirit you are supposed to stick it out and not wander.

That will be good however , I will more than likely be there also so I will finally be able to meet the legend Mr. Wu. :wink:
Time to Hide!
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

A man wanting a harem is a clear individual. That's simply living in a world full of t*ts and @ss. Can't argue with that :wink:

Now that I'm out of the *young, dumb, & full of cum* age, it's a lot more clear. There's no real wandering eye, it's more if/when I see something desirable, I think ... sure, I wouldn't mind whipping it out and sliding it between her lubed up b**bs or perhaps, have the Pony Baloney between her lips, moving down her throat. However, since Mel and I regularly play with a RealDoll's b**bs and @ss anyways, there really isn't all that much temptation in the world anyways, as the body is generally satisfied.

But you see, none of the above has anything to do with being a soulmate or falling in love.

AB discussion thread