Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme

Engineering Jobs Overseas

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

fightforlove
Junior Poster

Engineering Jobs Overseas

Post by fightforlove » November 20th, 2015, 5:28 pm

Do we have any other Engineers on this forum? I'd like to start a thread for job opportunities, particularly overseas opportunities.

I am a Mechanical Engineer with 8 years of experience in the medical device field.

Are there many opportunities for overseas engineering jobs? How do you get into these jobs? I only hear about Petrolium Engineering assignments in Latin America, are there overseas jobs for other MEs? Do you need to know the local language to qualify?

I'd be interested in Latin America or Europe for relocation.

Anyone else working abroad?

Check out our Dating Sites and International Romance Tours!

Dragon
Junior Poster

Re: Engineering Jobs Overseas

Post by Dragon » November 26th, 2015, 5:35 am

fightforlove wrote:Do we have any other Engineers on this forum? I'd like to start a thread for job opportunities, particularly overseas opportunities.

I am a Mechanical Engineer with 8 years of experience in the medical device field.

Are there many opportunities for overseas engineering jobs? How do you get into these jobs? I only hear about Petrolium Engineering assignments in Latin America, are there overseas jobs for other MEs? Do you need to know the local language to qualify?

I'd be interested in Latin America or Europe for relocation.

Anyone else working abroad?
You would probably be able to find something in Singapore maybe. If you have a master's degree, you should look at Germany. The problem with engineering is that it's too specialized. You might be able to find a gig with one of the international companies, but that's like winning the lottery. It's worth a try though.

http://www.mddionline.com/article/top-4 ... -companies

Study the top companies that have locations in the cities/countries you want and try to work for them and eventually get a transfer.
I am a terrible person.