Engineering Jobs Overseas

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
fightforlove
Junior Poster

Engineering Jobs Overseas

Post by fightforlove »

Do we have any other Engineers on this forum? I'd like to start a thread for job opportunities, particularly overseas opportunities.

I am a Mechanical Engineer with 8 years of experience in the medical device field.

Are there many opportunities for overseas engineering jobs? How do you get into these jobs? I only hear about Petrolium Engineering assignments in Latin America, are there overseas jobs for other MEs? Do you need to know the local language to qualify?

I'd be interested in Latin America or Europe for relocation.

Anyone else working abroad?
Dragon
Junior Poster

Re: Engineering Jobs Overseas

Post by Dragon »

fightforlove wrote:Do we have any other Engineers on this forum? I'd like to start a thread for job opportunities, particularly overseas opportunities.

I am a Mechanical Engineer with 8 years of experience in the medical device field.

Are there many opportunities for overseas engineering jobs? How do you get into these jobs? I only hear about Petrolium Engineering assignments in Latin America, are there overseas jobs for other MEs? Do you need to know the local language to qualify?

I'd be interested in Latin America or Europe for relocation.

Anyone else working abroad?
You would probably be able to find something in Singapore maybe. If you have a master's degree, you should look at Germany. The problem with engineering is that it's too specialized. You might be able to find a gig with one of the international companies, but that's like winning the lottery. It's worth a try though.

http://www.mddionline.com/article/top-4 ... -companies

Study the top companies that have locations in the cities/countries you want and try to work for them and eventually get a transfer.