Why Doesn't Winston Wu defend his own forum?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
mahadeveshwara
Freshman Poster

Why Doesn't Winston Wu defend his own forum?

Post by mahadeveshwara »

Because the man is a gigantic p***y. He is surfeited to make $2000 per month off of the moniker and concept of "Happier Abroad" and "free speech," while claiming to spend 10 hours per week on this site. (On what, exactly?)

I'm glad I'm not a fat Asian man who derives his income from the contributions of others. To have free speech you need to defend it like a monarch, dumbshit. But yet you're content to just collect money like the effete that you are. I'm glad I make my money working on technology and not leeching off of others like a dumbshit.

Lol this guy even f***ing censors swear words like the gigantic human p***y that he is

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

mahadeveshwara
Freshman Poster

Re: Why Doesn't Winston Wu defend his own forum?

Post by mahadeveshwara »

Winston: Oh no Google is going to censor me for saying the word f**k! I won't be able to make money off of the contributions of other anymore! lol
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

mahadeveshwara wrote:Because the man is a gigantic p***y. He is surfeited to make $2000 per month off of the moniker and concept of "Happier Abroad" and "free speech," while claiming to spend 10 hours per week on this site. (On what, exactly?)

I'm glad I'm not a fat Asian man who derives his income from the contributions of others. To have free speech you need to defend it like a monarch, dumbshit. But yet you're content to just collect money like the effete that you are. I'm glad I make my money working on technology and not leeching off of others like a dumbshit.

Lol this guy even f***ing censors swear words like the gigantic human p***y that he is
What are you trying to say? I completely missed your point.

I must admit I am unfamiliar with the word "surfeited," cause I'm just an idiot. So I looked it up: "an amount that is too much or more than you need." But even now that I know the definition of this unfamiliar word, I still do not know what that sentence is supposed to mean.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

mahadeveshwara wrote:Because the man is a gigantic p***y. He is surfeited to make $2000 per month off of the moniker and concept of "Happier Abroad" and "free speech," while claiming to spend 10 hours per week on this site. (On what, exactly?)

Strange comment really, this forum belongs to Winston Wu and he can do with it whatever he wants.

If he makes money out of it, good for him, and what is your problem? If you don't want him or the way how he is operating this forum, don't post here. Easy solution, isn't it?
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

mahadeveshwara wrote:Because the man is a gigantic p***y. He is surfeited to make $2000 per month off of the moniker and concept of "Happier Abroad" and "free speech."

I often wonder how much money Winston is making off of his website. He is not getting a lot of traffic so maybe $ 200 a month is more realistic.

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Although the OP in this thread is probably more trolling, the troll actually has a point for once.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

I think he does not care anymore. His life is just tinfoil hats, madness and hoes. Views will slow down, eventually the community is bound to die. How long this will take I do not know, my last prediction was dead wrong lol. But some of the trip reports will still be found through google and Winston will still make money for a long time off this site even if he never makes a decent contribution beyond flat earth and dinosaur bullshit ever again.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

MarcosZeitola wrote:I think he does not care anymore. His life is just tinfoil hats, madness and hoes. Views will slow down, eventually the community is bound to die. How long this will take I do not know...
Winston perfectly understands, that not to care anymore is indeed much better than to care too much. Simply said, no moderation is better than over-moderation or insincere biased moderation of a forum. This can really ruin a forum with members are either banned or leaving by themselves.

I do not think that this forum will die soon. Biased moderation is the worst and Winston is not doing this.

And even almost dead forums with a crazy overmoderating administrator/owner will remain online as long as server operating fees are being paid.

A good example is 'orientexpat.com', where a few remaining members - his personal friends - are sending smileys 3 times per week to each other.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=22571&start=15
Nothing there of knowledge anymore, but still online...
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Yohan wrote:

Strange comment really, this forum belongs to Winston Wu and he can do with it whatever he wants.

If he makes money out of it, good for him, and what is your problem? If you don't want him or the way how he is operating this forum, don't post here. Easy solution, isn't it?
Yohan, this is off OP topic.

But why did you choose that hideous avatar? I've been wanting to ask you that for ages but finally got up the nerve. I mean, you seem like a very knowledgeable HAer and are probably hands down the top dog here when it comes to time spent abroad. But OMG, the person in that pic - hideous,nasty, mean looking, etc., and I think we all tend to subconsciously/unconsciously associate posters to some degree w their avatars. Now if he/she's your good friend, aunt, cousin, mother, daughter, or maybe you in a wig lol, I apologize in advance. But I just couldn't hold my tongue any longer, had to speak my mind.

Isn't it time to change to something easier on the eyes lol.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Rock wrote: But why did you choose that hideous avatar? I've been wanting to ask you that for ages but finally got up the nerve. I mean, you seem like a very knowledgeable HAer and are probably hands down the top dog here when it comes to time spent abroad. But OMG, the person in that pic - hideous,nasty, mean looking, etc.
My avatar shows a 'feminist' who is demanding privileges and advantages because she has a p***y.
:lol:
Isn't she exactly the cute curvy Western grrl next door waiting only FOR YOU? Meet her on the internet anytime, what was the name of that webpage - plenty of fish....?
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Rock wrote:But why did you choose that hideous avatar?
+1 :lol:
We should open a poll called: "Should Yohan change his avatar?"
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
BlackKnight
Junior Poster

Post by BlackKnight »

Wu answered this a long ass time ago.

You people don't pay attn lol. This place is for miserable losers
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 12th, 2020, 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tamdrin12
Freshman Poster

Post by tamdrin12 »

THIS FORUM CERTAINLY FEELS DEAD. Winston never posts here, there is almost nothing interesting for a year, and I certainly have never been motivated to write up any trip reports or any of these other things even though I've been abroad and in Thailand for the last 15 months.
Been living abroad for 4 years now. India, Nepal, Taiwan, and Thailand. Currently in Thailand teaching English as my bread and butter.

Check out my online store featuring cool jewelry and items at very reasonable prices from Thailand!

http://thailand-treasures.myshopify.com/collections/all
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

tamdrin12 wrote:THIS FORUM CERTAINLY FEELS DEAD. Winston never posts here, there is almost nothing interesting for a year, and I certainly have never been motivated to write up any trip reports or any of these other things even though I've been abroad and in Thailand for the last 15 months.

You are quite right. This forum is for amusement only.
This could have been a useful expat guide kind of place, but it is poorly managed. From what I see, traffic is off about 50%.

The impression a visitor would get here is that the forum was somehow mislabeled. What he would see here is that Hitler was a great man, the world is flat, all conspiracy theories are true, the Jews deserved to die and there are a lot of seriously mentally ill people off their meds.. Great business plan. Lol