Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

How many countries have you been to?

5+
74%
7%
11%
No votes
4%
4%

Total votes : 27

Re: How many foreign countries have you been to?

Postby PeterAndrewNolan » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:49 pm

Ghost wrote:One of the current notions running around the forum is that most posters are whiners who have never gone anywhere, so we're going to put it to the test with a poll about how many countries you've visited.

I've been to six countries.

OK, gents, pony up.

Oh...I don't know how many countries I have been to now....I have worked in at least 20.....but I think I passed 30 countries a while ago....

Born in Australia...

Countries I have at least spent 1 night in....but mostly worked for 8 to 12 weeks in.

New Zealand
Hong Kong
China
Taiwan
Singapore
Malaysia
USA (many times.....I guess Hawaii also counts as USA)
UK (Norther Ireland, Wales, Scotland, England)
Ireland
Norway
Sweden
Finland
Portugal
France
Germany
Belgium
Canada
Lichtenstein
Luxemburg
Netherlands
Denmark
Russia
Ghana
South Africa
Saudi Arabia
Dubai
Romania
Italy
Switzerland
Austria

I thought of some more..
Hungary
Macau
Philippines
Mexico

I am guessing I have missed a few...but that is 30 countries and that was just off the top of my head....

Thats 34 plus Australia as the land of my birth......

I did not count northern ireland as a separate country...I have been there took....I have been to wales and scottland and they count themselves as different countries to england and northern ireland....but hey....30 is quite a few...

On the spearhead forums people said they did not believe me when I told them what I did for a living.....funny how the best of men are routinely not believed.
Feel free to check out my blog:Click ME!
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

Postby PeterAndrewNolan » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:06 pm

Ghost wrote:Looks like the naysayers were wrong. Many HAers really do travel.

But damn, I've got the least countries visited of everyone who posted in this thread. I need to get busy.

Yep...I was able to easily think of 30 countries I have been to...and then remembered 4 more in a short time.....so yeah, you need to get busy!

Join my empower network team and make enough money to travel almost permanently....and work from anywhere you have a laptop!
Feel free to check out my blog:Click ME!
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

Postby djfourmoney » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:50 am

Mexico
Canada
UK
France
Belgium
Netherlands
Sweden
Norway
Ukraine
*Brasil (2016 tickets bought already)
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby IraqVet2003 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:50 pm

The only foreign countries I have been to are West Germany (which no longer exist), Kuwait, and Iraq. All three of those places have been associated with being in a military environment. In the case of West Germany, I was an "Army Brat" who spent part of my early childhood (1977-1981) there when my father was serving in the U.S. Army and stationed at Wildflecken ( a hilly area that was near the East German border). It was in Germany that I had learned to speak a little German, eat bratwurst, prom frites (German seasoned fries), ride a train, river ride on the Rhine, a visit to a model train museum, and zoo. Also, I had a chance to go to Frankfurt and Wurzburg (where my younger brother was born). However by 1995, Wildflecken was shut down due to the end of the Cold War and the collapse of the "Iron Curtain"/USSR.

As for Kuwait and Iraq, I was there at both places in 2003 as a part of "Operation Iraqi Freedom" while serving as a soldier in the U.S. Army and was stationed Fort Sill, Oklahoma next to a town called Lawton. In Kuwait I has been to Camp Udari, Camp Virginia, and Camp Doha. Then in Iraq, I was based at Camp Anaconda which is so 60 miles north of Baghdad near a town called Balad. It was also in an area of Iraq that was known as the "Sunni Triangle" where our base had been under constant attack from rockets and mortar rounds!!! By the way at one time while I was riding in the back of a 5-ton truck we had mortar rounds explode all around and nearly hit us. Any closer and I wouldn't be writing this post!!!! Not to mention my unit had to deal with the threat roadside bombs or IEDs (Improvised Explosive Devices). The other things I had to endure while I was in this theatre were the sandstorms, scorpions, sand fleas, mosquitoes, and extreme heat (120-135 F degrees).

However, while at both of these places I also did have a chance to meet and interact with people from other countries. These included Pakistani truck drivers (who I had shared some tea with), dining facility workers from the Philippines, India, Nepal, etc. and local Iraqis with whom I worked/rode along side cleaning the Port-a-Johns. But despite being in a warzone, it was nice to encounter people from cultures where sharing, friendliness, and hospitality towards strangers were the norm. In addition, I had seen troops from the nations of the U.K., Denmark, Australia, and Thailand. Finally to top it all off, I had the fun experience of riding on a camel!!!

But if I had things my way and if money were no object, these are the following places I would love to visit (or possibly expatriate to) sometime in the near future (I already have a U.S. passport):

1.) Sydney, Australia

2.) Singapore

3.) Hong Kong, China

4.) Manila, Philippines

5.) Bangkok, Thailand

6.) Tokyo, Japan

7.) Seoul-Incheon, South Korea

8.) Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

9.) Dubai, United Arab Emirates

10.) Morocco

11.) London, England

12.) Paris, France