2016 Economic Collapse

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

2016 Economic Collapse

Post by Tsar »

Question for Taco. Do you think 2016 will have a major economic collapse just like the one from 2007-2008? Is what happened the past few days the beginning of another collapse?
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: 2016 Economic Collapse

Post by Rock »

Tsar wrote:Question for Taco. Do you think 2016 will have a major economic collapse just like the one from 2007-2008? Is what happened the past few days the beginning of another collapse?
Over the years, Taco has been quite accurate as a counter-indicator. Pretty much the opposite of all his actual investment advice (implied or stated) have come to pass. If Taco does not soon predict some sort of economic collapse in 2016, I would start to worry that a major financial disaster might actually happen this coming year.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

Rock wrote:
Tsar wrote:Question for Taco. Do you think 2016 will have a major economic collapse just like the one from 2007-2008? Is what happened the past few days the beginning of another collapse?
Over the years, Taco has been quite accurate as a counter-indicator. Pretty much the opposite of all his actual investment advice (implied or stated) have come to pass. If Taco does not soon predict some sort of economic collapse in 2016, I would start to worry that a major financial disaster might actually happen this coming year.
And I would start to worry that the window of opportunity to expatriate will close for good this coming year, especially if we have a major financial disaster that is much worse than 1929 and 2008. I think I'm just going to drop out of my film score composition gig and teach English in Latin America or Asia.
gnosis
Freshman Poster

Post by gnosis »

MattHanson1990 wrote:
Rock wrote:
And I would start to worry that the window of opportunity to expatriate will close for good this coming year, especially if we have a major financial disaster that is much worse than 1929 and 2008. I think I'm just going to drop out of my film score composition gig and teach English in Latin America or Asia.
That might not be such a good idea. You probably won't want to be an English teacher in Asia or Latin America for the rest of your life. Why not build up your youtube thing before leaving the country? If you can do something like that online and make enough money, you'll have a lot of options.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Rock wrote:Over the years, Taco has been quite accurate as a counter-indicator. Pretty much the opposite of all his actual investment advice (implied or stated) have come to pass. If Taco does not soon predict some sort of economic collapse in 2016, I would start to worry that a major financial disaster might actually happen this coming year.
LMAO :lol: :lol:
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 10th, 2020, 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tom
Junior Poster

Post by tom »

There is an economic collapse that has happened in Venezuela.
But its a different place,
counter-indicators,
In large American churches pre 2008 like 2006, they were totally caught up into the housing mania. Because large American churches tend to cater to women they tend be laggards in the ideas, the late adopters. When they are all jumping in its time to get out.

Brings me to what is sometimes called the education bubble - I don't think its a bubble or will pop. Higher ed bubble is actually closer to cargo cult science.

Joanna Hoffman talks about the details of Apple - yes the latest Steve Jobs movie is pretty much 100% bullshit

You will notice that many of the key most important builders of Apple had little formal degrees or were even High School drop outs. They tried to hire experts but they often turned out not to be worth a shit. Yea that was the 1980's Today's higher ed actually means less than ever. Its because of the internet has so much knowledge that is openly available. Its not that education in college is not useful, far from it. It just that there is more politically correct useless bullshit than ever there. And primary school this is even more true, virtually all useless bullshit, for many young boys its actually damaging.

Actually we are in a somewhat repeat of the 1930's, that decade had the most technological advances of any in the 20th century
משה בן יצחק
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Davos Insider: Economy Doomed, Central Banks 'Out of Ammo.'

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
traveller
Junior Poster

Post by traveller »

If America collapses, I am sure that tremendously rich single guys will quickly become nonexistant as, either all the rich guys will be already taken and no "rich" job companies (doctor, lawyer, etc) will be hiring at all, or the rich guys will get laid off due to lack of money and will have to go on welfare if it even manages to remain in existance.

And then what do American women do when they can no longer find a man with 6 or 7 figures, that gigantic mc mansion, and such?
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

"The problem is that social and economic collapse is not a singular event, it is a PROCESS. Collapse is a series of events that sometimes span years. Each event increases in volatility over the last event, but as time goes on these events tend to condition the masses. The public develops a normalcy bias towards crisis (like the old “frog in a boiling pot” analogy). They lose all sense of what a healthy system looks like."

How Do You Know When Your Society Is In The Midst Of Collapse?
http://silveristhenew.com/2016/01/29/ho ... ollapse-2/
Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
tom
Junior Poster

Post by tom »

Real example of economic and social collapse, 1945 Japan.

משה בן יצחק
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

This video shows how the fed is artificially propping up the economy.

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."