Poll: Would you want your woman...

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Do you want your woman to work

Yes, I think she should help be a breadwinner
18%
Yes, I think she should work OR if she wants to work then I won't object
24%
No, she should not be working or have a career. Maybe if it's beside me in self-employment then it's okay.
35%
Never, she shouldn't work and I will not allow it. She should stay at home, focus on exercising, and have some hobbies. She shouldn't have stress that would ruin her beauty or nature because women are not good with stress.
24%

Total votes: 17
drealm
Junior Poster

Re: Poll: Would you want your woman...

Post by drealm »

Ghost wrote:But don't worry. You'll be the exception. That system that is expressly intended to f**k men over and make their lives hell? You're just too damn awesome to be affected by it, clearly. I have no doubt that you can walk through fire without getting burned.
So is the right mindset to assume that there's a 100% divorce rate in the United States? That every man who's ever married a foreign woman and brought her home is now divorced or on the course to being divorced? There are several men of this forum who have foreign women and live in the United States and aren't divorced. Are all these men doomed to being divorced? Or is there a proven way to be an exception to a 100% divorce rate statistic?
travelsouth
Freshman Poster

Post by travelsouth »

Ghost wrote:
travelsouth wrote: That's as ignorant as me suggesting some asian lady .
better go read the stickman blog
travelsouth
Freshman Poster

Post by travelsouth »

drealm wrote:
Ghost wrote:But don't worry. You'll be the exception. That system that is expressly intended to f**k men over and make their lives hell? You're just too damn awesome to be affected by it, clearly. I have no doubt that you can walk through fire without getting burned.
So is the right mindset to assume that there's a 100% divorce rate in the United States? That every man who's ever married a foreign woman and brought her home is now divorced or on the course to being divorced? There are several men of this forum who have foreign women and live in the United States and aren't divorced. Are all these men doomed to being divorced? Or is there a proven way to be an exception to a 100% divorce rate statistic?
We interrupt your regularly scheduled programming for a dose of common sense. Well done my man.

Clearly there is no 100% proven way to be successful living overseas or the west, but there certainly are some common sense guidelines to follow and red flags to avoid. When you find yourself around more moderate minded problem solvers (IE doers) you can have such conversations. The type of guy that heads overseas to find a woman because he CAN not because he HAD TO. Those are the guys that have the best shot IMO.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

travelsouth wrote:
drealm wrote:
We interrupt your regularly scheduled programming for a dose of common sense. Well done my man.

Clearly there is no 100% proven way to be successful living overseas or the west, but there certainly are some common sense guidelines to follow and red flags to avoid. When you find yourself around more moderate minded problem solvers (IE doers) you can have such conversations. The type of guy that heads overseas to find a woman because he CAN not because he HAD TO. Those are the guys that have the best shot IMO.
Only I know of a few cases where people HAD TO; from fleeing American/Canadian jurisprudence to being homeless and under/unemployed with seemingly no other choice.

As I've been saying for a long time, if you don't have a pot to piss in nor a window to throw it out of, you might be best served taking everything you own in a backpack and walk across the southern boarder.

There are Vietnam War vets in Latin America who went AWOL.

If you never want to be found again, then going into Latin America is likely the best thing.
travelsouth
Freshman Poster

Post by travelsouth »

djfourmoney wrote: if you don't have a pot to piss in nor a window to throw it out of, you might be best served taking everything you own in a backpack and walk across the southern boarder.
I'll speak for most of America here (certainly middle America). The only reason you would find yourself in such as situation is because you placed yourself in it. I know there are people with bad childhoods and tough circumstances. But if you aren't on drugs there are plenty of helping hands. Any able bodied person can go to truck driving school. And if you want to stay local drive a freakin garbage truck. There is no excuse to not have a job that pays you something because I can tell you that there are many openings companies are trying hard to fill. But if you are too lazy to do it, or too entitled to quit your job shitty retail job at the GAP, or too undependable (drunk, drugs, etc) then that is on you.

The dingbats telling you how awesome teaching English for next to nothing are just making excuses. The garbage truck example is one of many. The damn trucks even pick up the garbage for you now LOL. And we are talking a real salary and benefits you can roll with. If I didn't have my life figured out I'd apply for CDL training.

Running overseas to teach is a short term solution for guys seeking a foreign partner. It's no way to make a long term living.
onethousandknives
Junior Poster

Post by onethousandknives »

It depends on a lot of factors. I have a business already in USA. So if I bring a foreign girl to USA, and she could help me, she'd probably make more money than working an entry level job. Then there's foreign girls that are already professionals in their home country, ie, dentists, doctors, etc, and for them, more than likely they'd wanna work here and make some cash and that's understandable. As far as if I had to start a girl from scratch to "get a career" then no. A "career" is a silly concept, anyway, as you're still someone's servant, and not your own person. I would only marry a girl who is open to entrepreneurship as a lifestyle and wants to pursue that and sees it as a dream. And with my wife, I'd be supportive of her entrepreneurship, if she has any particular skills or talents, and help her out with them. But as far as a "career" no. I also don't want a girl who is obsessive about wanting the latest new technology or a new car, shoes, etc, all the time. This doesn't mean no nice things ever, but being obsessed with it, needing new electronics or consumer crap as soon as it comes out just for trend sake, or wanting to buy something that's even inferior quality for more money (ie, Beats headphones vs Sennheiser or Grado for instance...) because of silly trends.

Really, if my wife got a "job" or was already a professional I'd only want her working part time to be able to spend time with the children. One thing I think that didn't help me as a child was my mother would work 60-70 hours per week easily and I'd never see her. I'd stay up until 1-2AM sometimes trying to see her when she got home from working. Then on weekends even, she'd lock herself in her office sometimes and do even more work. My family made enough money for an OK lifestyle, but the money was mostly squandered anyway, and my mom was taking a lot of drugs (not illicit) like prednisone to keep up this lifestyle and really wrecked herself and now is on disability and it was all pointless. So besides wanting dinner cooked once in a while, I need someone on the same page for me for lifestyle of wanting to live relatively humbly and not wastefully and wanting time to spend with the children and being healthy for them. Not killing ourselves to buy stupid shit.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

drealm wrote:So is the right mindset to assume that there's a 100% divorce rate in the United States?
Since marriage is essentially illegal in the West, one should assume a 100% chance of punishment being meted out unless one takes steps to avoid punishment - same as with drug dealing, bank robbery or other crimes.
travelsouth
Freshman Poster

Post by travelsouth »

Cornfed wrote:
drealm wrote:So is the right mindset to assume that there's a 100% divorce rate in the United States?
Since marriage is essentially illegal in the West, one should assume a 100% chance of punishment being meted out unless one takes steps to avoid punishment - same as with drug dealing, bank robbery or other crimes.
My Uncle married a rich woman and later divorced her making out like a bandit. You are as polarizing as a feminist
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

travelsouth wrote:
Cornfed wrote:
My Uncle married a rich woman and later divorced her making out like a bandit.
Yes, just as there are drug dealers who help out the pigs and make out like bandits, but we wouldn't want to overgeneralize such results.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 10th, 2020, 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Ghost wrote:Each round of Russian roulette you play, you have an 83% chance of "winning." This is a much higher success rate than "marriage" in America; the stakes, even, are no higher...simply much more immediate. With your life at stake, you should assume that the bullet has your name on it, even though you've got "only" a 17% chance of dying. Marrying and living in a non-feminist country is better because it is like playing Russian Roulette with all chambers empty.
As I've posted, I think you come out pretty dogmatic and Doom-like, but given the stakes, I can't really disagree with that analogy/numbers :shock:

I think every guy that has married thought his woman was "good" at the moment, and that it felt "right".
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?