Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Living in BRICS nations?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Living in BRICS nations?

Postby Wolfeye » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:47 pm

Hello, everyone. Recently, I saw the idea of living in one of the BRICS nations on this site & was curious about it. I know it means Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa. I don't know all that much about those countries, though. Keeping in mind that I'd likely do better in the first two than the last three. Don't really know what to ask, so I figured I'd just float a question out there on general information & see what people said.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Re: Living in BRICS nations?

Postby zboy1 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:22 pm

Well, I'm in China and the economy here, although struggling a bit now, is still doing way better than the States. Also, I feel more comfortable here than in America. Weird, isn't it?

The Globalists want the BRICS to do well, unlike the U.S., so why not go to the countries that will prosper in the future--and not decline!?
Find teaching jobs in China at http://workabroad.today
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby xiongmao » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:42 pm

The BRICS are in for a rough ride this year, except maybe India.

Brazil could plunge into crisis, and if it does, you'd want to GTFO.

Russia is already in crisis.

China is heading for an epic crisis, and the government will blame foreigners - again GTFO.

Other countries like Thailand and maybe Peru could get smashed as the dollar rises.

If you want to hide out somewhere interesting, try Myanmar.
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Postby E Irizarry R&B Singer » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:29 am

zboy1 wrote:Well, I'm in China and the economy here, although struggling a bit now, is still doing way better than the States. Also, I feel more comfortable here than in America. Weird, isn't it?

The Globalists want the BRICS to do well, unlike the U.S., so why not go to the countries that will prosper in the future--and not decline!?

I know you feel it's "weird", but just remain feeling blessed about it. You're in a good spot in your life now from what it seems. :D
It's time to expatriate to evade your fate; it's time to expatriate before the barn door permanently closes on "US" sheep.
Debut mixtape "The Skilled Neophyte of RNB (x64)" dropping Spring 2016 - Follow me on Twitter @eirizarryRNB
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Veteran Poster

Postby Ghost » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:07 pm

I find China pretty good overall to live in. Just want to be selective about where you set up shop.

India I wouldn't touch with 10,000 mile pole. But that's just my preference.

Russia I would possibly try living and working in if it wasn't so cold.

Brazil I would be more open to once I learned Spanish fluently (since it's so closely related to Portuguese) and knew I could flourish in Latin America in general.

I didn't know South Africa was on the list. I thought the 's' in BRICs was just to pluralize it since the acronym sounds like a noun.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Wolfeye » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:36 am

The info is more than I had, but what about actually living in these countries? What's it like in Russia? What's it like in Brazil? Anyone that's lived there or been there on vacation or can relay some information from those people, it'd be appreciated.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Postby GoingAwol » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:53 am

Ghost wrote:I find China pretty good overall to live in. Just want to be selective about where you set up shop.

India I wouldn't touch with 10,000 mile pole. But that's just my preference.

Russia I would possibly try living and working in if it wasn't so cold.

Brazil I would be more open to once I learned Spanish fluently (since it's so closely related to Portuguese) and knew I could flourish in Latin America in general.

I didn't know South Africa was on the list. I thought the 's' in BRICs was just to pluralize it since the acronym sounds like a noun.

Sure,
most areas of Russia are cold in the winter, but there are exceptions to the rule (Sochi for example ,and I think there are opportunities to teach english there). And I have read and heard english teachers usually get a few weeks holiday on new years so that would be a good time to get a break from the Russian winter and travel somewhere warmer.
GoingAwol
Freshman Poster

Postby IraqVet2003 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:38 am

If I had a choice of which of the BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, & South Africa) nations, I would love to go with BRAZIL. That's because I like the type of tropical, year-round warm weather (the equator runs through the country), the beaches along it's coastlines, beautiful women, food, etc. Plus Brazil will soon host the 2016 Summer Olympic Games which means a lot more modernization in Rio De Janiero. However, other than having to get a visa and learning Portuguese, the economy might not be doing so well.
IraqVet2003
Freshman Poster

Return to General Discussions