Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

S_Parc is preparing his departure from HA

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Re: S_Parc is preparing his departure from HA

Postby MarcosZeitola » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:29 pm

I wish you, Mel and Bosstone a wonderful future and I know that even if you never return to update us on your life, that it will be a life worth living and you will find ways to enjoy yourselves. In many ways we are polar opposites, but for all our disagreements, debates and philosophical sparring, I respect you as both a person and a poster to this community. I wish you the best of luck in whatever comes next.

It seems like 2016 might be the year in which a lot of our old posters leave and move on, one way or another. For you to do so comes as no surprise, but to see Tsar make a good living and purchase a house of his own is truly amazing. Winston is in the Philippines to attend the birthday of his son, other members have finally picked up the courage to leave their country behind and explore the world... there's a lot of momentum on Happier Abroad. I love it. Keep it up, guys! :D
MarcosZeitola
Experienced Poster

Postby S_Parc » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:35 pm

I'll tell you something ... sometimes, I think that the lamest guys are those who're married.

Let me explain, when I'd seen footage of Metallica's lead singer, James Hetfield, picking up his daughter from her ballet class, I was kinda stunned. I mean here you have the most successful headbanger in modern American history, acting like every Joe Blow out there, granted with many millions in the bank (and thus, no financial worries for life), but not much different. He was domesticated, despite co-creating the biggest metal act of all time. And Lars Ulrich isn't much different.

And in movies, if you remember Ironman/Tony Starks, when did Robert Downey Jr lose his mojo? Is was when he'd decided to settle down with Gwyneth Paltrow. Granted, the screenplay for Ironman III was lame but the lamest part was Downey (Starks) becoming a pussywhipped, domesticated, homeboy with Gwyneth (Pepper).

Likewise, in my own life, when I was working late, Mel did my homeworks for me, so that I could get to bed at midnight, to rise and shine, six hours later. If it were Bosstone, he'd stay up till 3AM, doing the coursework, powernap it for a few hours, and be back in the saddle come 6-7 AM. And thus, I'm the wuss while Bosstone gets to *don the cape*.

I recall a number of dinners, where Mel and I were on our first Martini, while Bosstone was finishing his 3rd. Seriously, you can't beat this guy. He's the Terminator!

And that's the point, I don't think the happy married man, is really the thing for many guys out there. Ultimately, the heroes of yesteryear, re-invented for modern times, are men like Bosstone.

Men like S_Parc are gone with the wind ...
16 years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Postby MarcosZeitola » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:42 pm

All walks of life have their sense of heroism... the lone wolf, depending on no man or woman, his own person, doing his own thing. We can think of the downsides as easily as the upsides, but regardless it is a brave choice. Similarly, the man who falls in love and stays in love, married to the same woman until the end of his life, is equally heroic in his own way. His road is not without risk either, and the married man willingly takes these risks.

You both done a cape, but the guy whose ghostwriter you decided to become simply wears a different color. Neither you or your friend is "the man of the future", or "the man of yesteryear", because both types have been around as long as mankind has been around.

Lame and boring, interesting and worldly, these are all subjective. The grass really is always greener on the other side. David Bowie, to the untrained eye, appeared to have turned into quite the boring old fart... but what a life he's lived, before that! We can't all live like those who joined the 27 club.
MarcosZeitola
Experienced Poster

Postby S_Parc » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:28 am

In some ways, having a woman who's got a bit of undying devotion to oneself, makes that person, less self-reliant on some ways.

Here's Mel. Yes, it's bizarre that Mel looks a bit like another Boston rock singer, Kay Hanley of 'Letters to Cleo'. And *Bosstone*, Dick Barrett (of the Mighty Mighty Bosstones), but again, this is a strange world.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5w2YLdjxS_M[/youtube]

So my point is that many men, esp in America, may find themselves alone and w/o a long term companion. During that phase, they need to do what they can.
16 years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

AB discussion thread

S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Postby chanta76 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:59 am

S_parc,

Do what's right for you. Whatever makes you happy. Wish you luck in life...Life is hard..regardless..
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Postby S_Parc » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:15 am

FYI Marcos and others, Bosstone is running a computer consulting business, teaching at various schools and running demos, banging wh*res up north, drinking all-of-the-time, exercising/Martial Arts/Qigong/etc, and working on two part-time masters degrees, one of whom, based out of our illustrious MIT.

Seriously, this guy can't be stopped. He's getting so many emails from his students/disciples, that Mel's become his admin assistant and is answering many of them, for him.

Now, it looks like Mel is beginning to get me on the game, as I'd answered a couple, just this night.

If anything, this is the true role model of MGTOW out there.

AB discussion thread

S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Postby Grunt » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:57 pm

What kind of deranged lunatic gets involved with Canadian skanks? Does he not know of the new cohabitation laws in B.C.?
How to deal with newbies that talk much but do little.

Pics or it didn't happen.

YES/NO

Cool story, bro.

Problem solved.
Grunt
Junior Poster

Postby S_Parc » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:00 pm

Grunt wrote:What kind of deranged lunatic gets involved with Canadian skanks? Does he not know of the new cohabitation laws in B.C.?

He lives in the Boston metro, not Canada.

He only goes to Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, or Nova Scotia for a bang but then, he's back home in a heartbeat. All of these regions are in driving distance of New England.

AB discussion thread

S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Previous

Return to General Discussions