Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Might Be Getting my Own House

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Re: Might Be Getting my Own House

Postby Moretorque » January 17th, 2016, 2:50 am

Tsar the Bill of Rights states " The right to bear arms ", you should learn to think big and really show how Machismo you are when you show your new ride off to the ladies..

You should take your new vehicle and have it equipped with a leftover surplus ICBM from the cold war.
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Check out our Dating Sites and HA International Romance Tours!

Re: Might Be Getting my Own House

Postby Voyager1 » April 13th, 2017, 8:02 am

Tsar wrote:It's a starter single family home (little more than 1300 sq feet, and almost a 9,000 sq foot lot), but I might end up going with a multi-family home in Providence that is less expensive (and likely had 2/3 units occupied with tenants, so I could most likely earn rental income which would help my budget).

Suburban Home: Relatively close to the water, extremely low crime, I believe it's a majority white area, has a yard, and decent parking. Cons: Higher tax assessment value compared to market value (or listing price). Would need an appraiser to dispute that. If it's in a flood zone then that prices it out of my budget. Better internet service available.

Urban Home: Rental income, in the city, closer to Boston and many more employers, central location in the state, most likely better on the budget. Most likely not in a flood zone. Cons: Higher crime but it's not as bad since it's in a small green enclave in Providence (green indicates low crime area). No yard.

I'm checking with the banks to see if they believe I would be pre-approved. If my application is rejected, then I'll attempt to go with nontraditional funding and then refinance the property to pay-off the nontraditional funding sources.

In this post from 2012 Tsar discusses buying a home in Providence. So we know that he lives in the Providence, Rhode Island area not in Maine as he's claimed in another post.
Voyager1
Junior Poster

Previous

Return to General Discussions