A Eulogy for Human Intelligence

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

A Eulogy for Human Intelligence

Post by fschmidt »

I think the time has come to write a eulogy for Human Intelligence. If no one else is up to the task, I will try.

I am not sure of the exact date of death of Human Intelligence, presumably a few years ago. And just as a dead body may contain a few cells still living, there may still live a few intelligent people, but Human Intelligence as a whole is clearly dead. Those who do not believe in resurrection of the dead should simply accept reality and mourn the death of Human Intelligence and then move on. And for this purpose, I feel that a good eulogy is in order.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

gnosis
Freshman Poster

Re: A Eulogy for Human Intelligence

Post by gnosis »

There's always a tendency to wax nostalgic about "the 'good old days," but in all probability life has always been "solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short" to quote Hobbes. Although not short enough, it would seem.

Write your eulogy. It's a good idea. Even if you do a shoddy job putting it together it will be better than anything our abysmal popular culture is churning out.