Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Anybody Ever Fight In A Revolution/Invasion/Civil War?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Anybody Ever Fight In A Revolution/Invasion/Civil War?

Postby Wolfeye » Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:50 am

Hey, everyone. I know this is probably going to seem like a stupid question, but considering how things are going in numerous countries these days, does anyone know what it's like to live in a country that's having a civil war? A revolution? An invasion? I figure there are numerous things that might be good to do in advance & different ways of doing things in the middle. Yeah, it would depend a bit on the country & culture, but whatever information or suggested reading would be appreciated. I just figure that it's a more of a potential now, wherever I land.

Any soldiers with experience would be appreciated, but I don't know how much soldier conditions in war would apply, since they are within a community of arguable support & are generally being supplied. Maybe there are impressions on how things would be without that? Or with only some of that?
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Re: Anybody Ever Fight In A Revolution/Invasion/Civil War?

Postby onethousandknives » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:56 am

http://www.cracked.com/personal-experiences-1562-8-facts-about-vietnam-war-i-learned-as-viet-cong.html

It's Cracked, which usually is pretty lame, but I think the article has some pretty neat things to think about.
onethousandknives
Freshman Poster

Re: Anybody Ever Fight In A Revolution/Invasion/Civil War?

Postby Wolfeye » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:46 am

Vietcong stuff- interesting! Looked around for it a long time ago, but couldn't find much. Thanks.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Return to General Discussions