Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Which country has the best cities?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Which country has the best cities?

Postby Johnny1975 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:28 pm

I'll tell you. Spain.

The buildings are nice, there are plenty of squares, and even the suburbs are interesting. It's clean, and there's always something interesting to look at. Even ordinary buildings are pleasing to the eye. There are few bleak, depressing areas or concrete wildernesses. And there are always shops to be found, even in residential streets. They're very picturesque, and you can tell that there's a lot of pride in the way things are laid out. Not too organized, not too disorganized. Perfect. The only problem is, they're a bit too sleepy.
***** Join my forum for entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs : *****

http://inspiredentrepreneur.forumotion.com/

And while you're at it...

*** Buy my motherf***ing book NOW!!!!! *** -----> http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K5ZHTCW

DO IT!
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Re: Which country has the best cities?

Postby fightforlove » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:09 am

Haha! I was going to say Spain as I was clicking on your thread!

Of the ones I'm familiar with:

Madrid - Good, big European city, not as overrun with transplants/immigrants/tourists as other capitals (London, Paris). Nice mix of old and new architecture. Suburbs are cozy, cultured, and well connected via a metro rail. Beautiful Royal buildings, great food and nightlife. Atocha is my favorite train station.

Barcelona - One of the truly hip urban international experiences. Sagrada Familia is one of the modern wonders of the world.

Seville - Awesome historical city, original gateway between America and Europe. Excellent Paella!

Alicante - I love this little gem of a coastal city. Great beaches and topography.

Segovia - Old school Spanish town surrounded by exceptional scenery.

I'd love to visit many other Spanish cities, Valencia, Cadiz, Cordoba, La Coruña, et cetera... Madrid is where my friends are from and is generally convenient with it's central location. I'd consider living there if I had the opportunity.
fightforlove
Junior Poster

Postby IraqVet2003 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:49 am

fightforlove wrote:Haha! I was going to say Spain as I was clicking on your thread!

Madrid - Good, big European city, not as overrun with transplants/immigrants/tourists as other capitals (London, Paris). Nice mix of old and new architecture. Suburbs are cozy, cultured, and well connected via a metro rail. Beautiful Royal buildings, great food and nightlife. Atocha is my favorite train station.

Barcelona - One of the truly hip urban international experiences. Sagrada Familia is one of the modern wonders of the world.

Seville - Awesome historical city, original gateway between America and Europe. Excellent Paella!

Alicante - I love this little gem of a coastal city. Great beaches and topography.

I'd love to visit many other Spanish cities, Valencia, Cadiz, Cordoba, La Coruña, et cetera... Madrid is where my friends are from and is generally convenient with it's central location. I'd consider living there if I had the opportunity.

Hello fightforlove, this is Iraqvet2003. I happen to agree with both you and Johnny1975 that Spain has some of the best cities in the world. I hope to visit that country someday soon. Especially, I would look forward to checking out the cities of Madrid, Barcelona, Alicante, and Seville. Spain also has some interesting castles. Fightforlove, can I ask you something, when you were in Spain have you been to the cities of Zaragoza or Valencia? And if so would you recommend visiting either of these two places?
IraqVet2003
Freshman Poster

Postby IraqVet2003 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:50 am

fightforlove wrote:Haha! I was going to say Spain as I was clicking on your thread!

Hello fightforlove, this is Iraqvet2003. I happen to agree with both you and Johnny1975 that Spain has some of the best cities in the world. I hope to visit that country someday soon. Especially, I would look forward to checking out the cities of Madrid, Barcelona, Alicante, and Seville. Spain also has some interesting castles. Fightforlove, can I ask you something, when you were in Spain have you been to the cities of Zaragoza or Valencia? And if so would you recommend visiting either of these two places?
IraqVet2003
Freshman Poster

Postby IraqVet2003 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:51 am

IraqVet2003
Freshman Poster

Postby IraqVet2003 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:01 am

IraqVet2003
Freshman Poster

Postby Ghost » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:08 am

I'd imagine any cities that are old (ancient, colonial, etc.) are likely to be decent, provided that their old architecture and street-layouts remain standing. China still has some old, good cities like that but most of their good stuff was destroyed long ago. Latin American or Philippines colonial cities and towns have a pleasing look and atmosphere. I'm sure Europe has a lot of cities like this too.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby fightforlove » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:07 pm

IraqVet2003 wrote:

Iraq vet,

I have not been to Zaragoza or Valencia, I've only been to the cities I commented on above, mostly Madrid where I was twice a short-term exchange student. I've been to Alicante, which is probably like a smaller version of Valencia (just south along the coast in the Valencia province). Alicante has beautiful sandy beaches, very warm water in the summer, there is an island called Tabarca off the coast near Alicante/Elche that you can take a ferry to, absolutely beautiful Mediterranean island with reefs, fish, breakwaters, a beach and a lighthouse. Alicante area is a true laid-back, Spanish Mediterranean experience. Valencia is bigger and a little more happening, and of course Barcelona is very happening and one of the top tourist destinations in Europe.
fightforlove
Junior Poster

Return to General Discussions