Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Positives About America?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Re: Positives About America?

Postby The_Adventurer » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:37 pm

Wolfeye wrote:The_Adventurer: See I don't see chasing larger & larger salaries despite not spending time with the family. And so she can do what? Show up the other women?

That is precisely why they do such things. God forbid her friend has an iPhone 6 while she has a local Chinese phone for 1/3 the price, even if both phones do the exact same things.

There was a very famous, or maybe infamous, article here, a few years ago, where this woman writes about why Chinese women seek money, power and status. She said she would rather be crying in the back of a BMW than happy on the back of a bicycle. They prioritise material things over love and happiness.

Wolfeye wrote:I've got to imagine it's a situation where all those wives just get together & talk like friends, but act like enemies. Oddly enough- they seem to do that to be competitive for men, like how guys try to show each other up to impress women. YET, these chicks are already married. Is it just wanting more & more & more, but not actually trying to accomplish that- just to satisfy the urge a little bit?

They get together to sit around and talk about how much they hate their husbands. I don't see them as doing it to compete for men, as confucian loyalty is still ingrained in the culture. No one is really interested in MILFS around here and parents are still heavily involved in the relationships of their children, which is why rates of divorce (though skyrocketing now) and cheating are still much less than in the west. They are competing for status. They want to be the top among their peers.

Since a woman is likely to stick with, or she is stuck with, the man she has, you can imagine that if he wasn't as rich as she would have liked when they married, she is going to nag and push that man to get a rich as possible over time, even if it means he works 90 hours weeks and they rarely see each other. Of course, after enough nagging, the man is more than happy to spend 90 hours at the office.
“b***y is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of b***y in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Postby GoingAwol » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:46 am

In my opinion,
there are more positives about America than negatives. The only issue I have with America is the woman issue. I don't think American women are intrinsically evil like some here seem to think though. I think it all boils down to demographics.
GoingAwol
Freshman Poster

Postby Yohan » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:10 pm

About good things in USA,

USA gives you the option to leave the country, for always if you really want to do that.
In USA it depends where you are, how you could arrange your life, not the same for everybody.
You need also good luck sometimes to be the right man at the right place at the right time.

About bad things in USA,

ridiculous high medical fees
ridiculous high legal fees
plenty of criminals
lot of racist BS
aggressive tipping
hateful feminism
Yohan
Veteran Poster

Postby jamesbond » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:57 pm

GoingAwol wrote:In my opinion,
there are more positives about America than negatives. The only issue I have with America is the woman issue. I think it all boils down to demographics.

Demographics plays a huge role in the horrible dating dynamics for men in Amercia. With single men outnumbering single women by the millions. Of course, feminism in the US doesn't help either.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Wolfeye » Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:32 am

The_Adventurer: See, I think that would be a problem for me- the valuing the material things over the dynamic things. At the end of the day, you're always dealing with the state of things- it's the STATE of things that it's an oak table, it's the STATE of things that it's as wide as it is, it's the STATE of thigns that it's as thick as it is. To me, this is like a coat that makes you cold- what's the good in the materials without the right dynamics? A dull knife- same thing. Rotten food- same thing.

Plus, I could always be the same way & just get a mistress situation going with a woman that has BIGGER TITS and/or a BIGGER ASS and/or doesn't have as much "mileage" on her. Wonder how much those wives would like that?
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Postby The_Adventurer » Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:28 pm

Wolfeye wrote:The_Adventurer: See, I think that would be a problem for me- the valuing the material things over the dynamic things. At the end of the day, you're always dealing with the state of things- it's the STATE of things that it's an oak table, it's the STATE of things that it's as wide as it is, it's the STATE of thigns that it's as thick as it is. To me, this is like a coat that makes you cold- what's the good in the materials without the right dynamics? A dull knife- same thing. Rotten food- same thing.

Plus, I could always be the same way & just get a mistress situation going with a woman that has BIGGER breasts and/or a BIGGER a** and/or doesn't have as much "mileage" on her. Wonder how much those wives would like that?

In places like Fujian, $300 per month, or so, would do it. Get her a nice little apartment of her own, and some spending cash, and she's all yours, even 19 years old still in college. I did a show at the main university in Fuzhou, the capitol city, and the gossip around was that, as the economy there improved, businessmen from all over were coming in, and hooking up with girls just like that, while attending to their business. Granted, these were guys gossiping about how bad the local girls are, so take it for what it's worth, but they claim that you would be hard pressed to find a girl not into that.

China is different from the west. In a divorce, the girl will pretty much get jack shit, so at least there's loyalty. (it is part of the culture too so that's not the only reason) Some of these guys get caught with their mistresses and the wife doesn't leave them. The reason guys do it, though, is that the mistress, not being married, and this having no power, is always nicer.
“b***y is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of b***y in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Postby IraqVet2003 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:09 am

Positives About America:

1.) Great for those with an entrepreneurial spirit, risk takers, investors, salesmen, pro-business, pursuing money-making opportunities.

2.) Great for those who are go-getters, the highly ambitious, with social/work connections, climbing the "corporate ladder", pursuing careers as number one priority (either in private or public sector).

3.) Great for those pursuing advanced degrees ( who can get admitted and can afford it) in the fields of law, business, science/research, and medicine at top tier schools such as Harvard, M.I.T., Columbia, John Hopkins U., Yale, Stanford, etc. because many students from all over the world go there to study.

4.) Great for those who belong to a tight knit groups/cliques, couples, conformists in the social, work, and dating scene.

5.) Great for gun owners and supporters of the 2nd Amendment. Many other countries prohibit privates citizens from owning firearms.

6.) Peaceful transition of power/elections. Stable government.

7.) No mandatory military service. Although all males aged 18-25 must register with the selective service system (SSS) BY LAW. However, other nations such as Israel, South Korea, and Switzerland require their citizens to serve a few years in the armed forces.

8.) No debtors' prison. The only possible comparison is when people are put in prison for owing either back child-support or taxes to the I.R.S.

Negatives About America:

1.) Almost everything is built around the automobile (very car dependent). Cars are expensive (monthly payments, insurance, gas, repairs). Many other countries in Europe and Asia have extensive public transportation systems of buses and trains. Also, countries such as the Netherlands a more bicycle trails. Plus many foreign cities have shops, apartments, and workplaces within walking distance.

2.) Misandry/Gynocentric/Feminism have ruined many women and has adversely affected American society and culture.

3.) Single men outnumber quality single women in America. Not mention many women are overweight, obese, mentally/emotionally unstable, too picky, etc.

4.) The U.S. is the only country that taxes its' people based on CITIZENSHIP even if they live and/or make money overseas!!!

5.) The U.S. has the lowest quality public educational system in the industrialized world.

6.) The U.S. spends more on it's military than Russia, China, France, and the U.K. combined!! The U.S. has troops stationed in over 100 countries!!!

7.) The U.S. has the highest divorce rate in the world.

8.) The high cost of living in the U.S. Especially in places like California, New York, Hawaii, Alaska, Washington D.C., etc. However, places such as Thailand, the Philippines, Costa Rica, and Panama expats have a much lower cost of living in the U.S. dollar goes further.
IraqVet2003
Freshman Poster

Postby Wolfeye » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:48 am

IraqVet2003: Good list. Seems (to my tastes) that the gun ownership is the major plus & gun laws in other countries can always change. In reality, there's nothing to say there can't be outright discriminatory gun laws there (no muslims, arabs, or blacks- in truth, I think the instant issues with race are also a negative about America).

Most of the positives are work-related, but also exist in the condition of having work be practically your whole life. Not to mention that it's REAL easy to get locked-up & if you are, other people look down on you. It's a bullshit concept of "people only get what they deserve." This concept doesn't just apply to "if you're right, you'll win" or "if you do good, you'll only get good & if you do bad, you'll only get bad"- it also applies to "if you work hard, you'll get paid hard." Thus, if you're broke, it's on you. I guess people don't want their aptitude to not be the deciding factor in if they get fired, but don't want to do anything against the people that fire you for other reasons. As far as that's concerned, they are affirmative of this other person's freedom & the same goes for a group.

There's also the situation where people are more & more frequently try to take over other people's lives- whether it's cops, companies (including profit prisons), schools, the medical professions (like doctors thinking of someone as THEIR patient & they make their own decisions about what actions they perform on them). The country just doesn't seem to have an ability to see someone as the bad guy if their mere decisions won't sink them.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Postby MattHanson1990 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:41 pm

I think negatives outweigh positives these days, and here is my list of the pluses and minuses.

Pros about America

1. America has beautiful nature like canyons, mountains, deserts, lakes, beaches, rivers, you name it

2. The 2nd amendment allows citizens to own guns, whereas one can't own a gun in another country like Mexico

3. Organized and stable government

4. Money making opportunities, only if you're well-connected

Cons about America

1. Almost everything is centered around cars. Having to drive everywhere turns you into a machine. Cars are expensive (gas, insurance, maintenance). And interstate highways are often congested in many major cities.

2. There is a lack of social connection. People close into their shells, and most of communication is exclusively for business purposes. Socialization is restricted to closed cliques that are difficult to get into

3. The dating scene is a nightmare for men. Single men outnumber single women by a lot. Many women are too picky, overweight/obese, mentally unstable, narcissistic, etc. And things have gotten so bad where even undesirable women (single moms, land whales, etc.) are unattainable or unavailable because men are getting increasingly desperate that they'll settle for anyone who comes their way

4. America has the highest obesity rates in the world, even more so than our southern neighbor Mexico.

5. The job market has been repressed since the Great Recession, consisting mostly of dead end low paying jobs in fast food, retail, office work, etc. Wages have been stagnant. Good jobs continue getting outsourced or automated. And HR departments are feminist, misandrist, and hire few men. And so the middle class continues to decline

6. America provides NO outlet for sexually OR financially starving men. For one thing, p4p is illegal except in Nevada. Men aren't even given welfare. And homeless men are often left on the streets and aren't let into homeless shelters.

7. Ridiculously high cost of living, especially in places like San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, Washington DC, Miami, etc.

8. Healthcare costs are outrageous, and medical bills are the leading cause of bankruptcy.

9. 5 through 9 are the "perfect storm" for America becoming increasingly unlivable, especially for single men. In fact, a guy can hit rock bottom easily in the US and be at a dead end

10. The USA has the lowest quality public education system in the developed world

11. Increasingly tyrannical government. Since 9/11, more freedoms continue getting taken away. And America has the most laws of any country in the world. While some laws are meant to protect people, there are a lot of laws that have gone too far.

12. The divorce rate is 50 percent in America, and a majority of them are initiated by women.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Postby Jonny Law » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:56 pm

USA is Great if you are a pathetic, weak, worthless piece of Shit!
-Compared to the Philippines-
The Philippines have practically nothing for people with disabilities! No social security, no respite care, no subsidized/Section 8 housing, nothing, and in fact, reportedly, people with disabilities are discriminated against in the Philippines.
Jonny Law
Junior Poster

Postby Jester » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:02 pm

Wolfeye wrote:The_Adventurer: See I don't see chasing larger & larger salaries despite not spending time with the family. And so she can do what? Show up the other women? I've got to imagine it's a situation where all those wives just get together & talk like friends, but act like enemies. Oddly enough- they seem to do that to be competitive for men, like how guys try to show each other up to impress women. YET, these chicks are already married. Is it just wanting more & more & more, but not actually trying to accomplish that- just to satisfy the urge a little bit?

I certainly have encountered that in the USA, and here in Thailand. Women being so manic to impress other moms at school, neighbors, birth family, etc that they shoot themselves in the foot, by not actually helping and supporting their man.
"Pick a point and go to it."
-- Dr John Hunsucker, speaking about canoeing on Georgia's Lake Lanier, with its irregular shape, and 1000 miles of meandering shoreline
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby IraqVet2003 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:56 pm

MattHanson1990 wrote:I think negatives outweigh positives these days, and here is my list of the pluses and minuses.

Pros about America

1. America has beautiful nature like canyons, mountains, deserts, lakes, beaches, rivers, you name it

2. The 2nd amendment allows citizens to own guns, whereas one can't own a gun in another country like Mexico

3. Organized and stable government

4. Money making opportunities, only if you're well-connected

Cons about America

1. Almost everything is centered around cars. Having to drive everywhere turns you into a machine. Cars are expensive (gas, insurance, maintenance). And interstate highways are often congested in many major cities.

2. There is a lack of social connection. People close into their shells, and most of communication is exclusively for business purposes. Socialization is restricted to closed cliques that are difficult to get into

3. The dating scene is a nightmare for men. Single men outnumber single women by a lot. Many women are too picky, overweight/obese, mentally unstable, narcissistic, etc. And things have gotten so bad where even undesirable women (single moms, land whales, etc.) are unattainable or unavailable because men are getting increasingly desperate that they'll settle for anyone who comes their way

4. America has the highest obesity rates in the world, even more so than our southern neighbor Mexico.

5. The job market has been repressed since the Great Recession, consisting mostly of dead end low paying jobs in fast food, retail, office work, etc. Wages have been stagnant. Good jobs continue getting outsourced or automated. And HR departments are feminist, misandrist, and hire few men. And so the middle class continues to decline

6. America provides NO outlet for sexually OR financially starving men. For one thing, p4p is illegal except in Nevada. Men aren't even given welfare. And homeless men are often left on the streets and aren't let into homeless shelters.

7. Ridiculously high cost of living, especially in places like San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, Washington DC, Miami, etc.

8. Healthcare costs are outrageous, and medical bills are the leading cause of bankruptcy.

9. 5 through 9 are the "perfect storm" for America becoming increasingly unlivable, especially for single men. In fact, a guy can hit rock bottom easily in the US and be at a dead end

10. The USA has the lowest quality public education system in the developed world

11. Increasingly tyrannical government. Since 9/11, more freedoms continue getting taken away. And America has the most laws of any country in the world. While some laws are meant to protect people, there are a lot of laws that have gone too far.

12. The divorce rate is 50 percent in America, and a majority of them are initiated by women.

MattHanson1990, Great list and points!!!
IraqVet2003
Freshman Poster

Postby IraqVet2003 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:30 am

Wolfeye wrote:IraqVet2003: Good list. Seems (to my tastes) that the gun ownership is the major plus & gun laws in other countries can always change. In reality, there's nothing to say there can't be outright discriminatory gun laws there (no muslims, arabs, or blacks- in truth, I think the instant issues with race are also a negative about America).

Most of the positives are work-related, but also exist in the condition of having work be practically your whole life. Not to mention that it's REAL easy to get locked-up & if you are, other people look down on you. It's a bullshit concept of "people only get what they deserve." This concept doesn't just apply to "if you're right, you'll win" or "if you do good, you'll only get good & if you do bad, you'll only get bad"- it also applies to "if you work hard, you'll get paid hard." Thus, if you're broke, it's on you. I guess people don't want their aptitude to not be the deciding factor in if they get fired, but don't want to do anything against the people that fire you for other reasons. As far as that's concerned, they are affirmative of this other person's freedom & the same goes for a group.

There's also the situation where people are more & more frequently try to take over other people's lives- whether it's cops, companies (including profit prisons), schools, the medical professions (like doctors thinking of someone as THEIR patient & they make their own decisions about what actions they perform on them). The country just doesn't seem to have an ability to see someone as the bad guy if their mere decisions won't sink them.

Thanks Wolfeye!!!! You too have made some go points. I think the both 1st and 2nd Amendments is what is keeping the U.S. from becoming a total police state/internment camp!!! Wolfeye, I notice that the mainstream media has a strong anti-gun bias in which they only show the tragedies of gun violence but not on stories where guns save lives and stop crime by private citizens.
Also, did you know that Australia had started their gun ban back in 1996 through a gun "buy back" program.
IraqVet2003
Freshman Poster

Postby Wolfeye » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:38 am

IraqVet2003: Yeah, I knew something about that with Australia. They have a real keen interest in getting people's guns- yet seemingly no interest in protecting them from dictatorial migrants that feel free to show up in Australia & make sharia-esque demands. Imagine if people just got equally demanding & rigid about anti-sharia things? Just plain calling it wrong, not defending "their case," not trying to verbally "judo flip" anyone- just flat-out rejecting it. Same deal with all kinds of pissy laws & assorted feelings of policy implementation workers- someone just "rejects their comportment" or says that they "abrogate/cancel" their laws. Sure, it's not a magical spell or anything & I'm betting that the people they're saying it to don't trust them- but it still could be useful.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Postby Jester » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:08 am

What I miss most about Glendale California is

(1) Fun and conversation and parties with dancing with friendly positive Armenians
(2) Whole Foods Market
(3) Trader Joe's
(4) Variety of ethnic cuisine
(5) Steak
(6) Armenian car mechanics, the world's best and most honest
(7) Shoes and clothes that fit me

What I miss most about Athens Georgia is
(1) Family
(2) Good people who are simultaneously smart, open-minded, humble and loving.
(3) Woods.
(4) Winter.
"Pick a point and go to it."
-- Dr John Hunsucker, speaking about canoeing on Georgia's Lake Lanier, with its irregular shape, and 1000 miles of meandering shoreline
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions