Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Positives About America?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Re: Positives About America?

Postby Wolfeye » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:47 am

Jester: Where are you at now? There's no woods or winter?
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Postby Jester » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:32 am

Wolfeye wrote:Jester: Where are you at now? There's no woods or winter?

Thailand.

There are two seasons, "sweltering" and "January".

There ARE woods, but not convenient or closeby. Even Los Angeles had huge parks with hiking trails in urban areas. Thailand doesn't.

Plus here I do not have a car, so I can't easily GET to the backwoods. Gave up possessions when I left California and Mexico.

That was a major advantage of Mexico, you can f***ing drive there, and thus have a f***ing car.
"Pick a point and go to it."
-- Dr John Hunsucker, speaking about canoeing on Georgia's Lake Lanier, with its irregular shape, and 1000 miles of meandering shoreline
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Wolfeye » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:05 am

Cool. How's Thailand? I hear it's actually very beautiful, although it seems you can't get to them where you are. I also hear that Thailand's one of those weird places where the PARENTS actually raise the kids. One of my cousins was looking to go there, so a run down would be appreciated- if you've got the time & inclination.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Postby Jester » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:43 pm

Wolfeye wrote:Cool. How's Thailand? I hear it's actually very beautiful, although it seems you can't get to them where you are. I also hear that Thailand's one of those weird places where the PARENTS actually raise the kids. One of my cousins was looking to go there, so a run down would be appreciated- if you've got the time & inclination.

I think I have a couple of threads on here already about my experiences.

Bump one of them (or if necessary start a new one) if you want more input.

I don't like to hijack an existing thread with off-topic content.
"Pick a point and go to it."
-- Dr John Hunsucker, speaking about canoeing on Georgia's Lake Lanier, with its irregular shape, and 1000 miles of meandering shoreline
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Wolfeye » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:22 am

Cool- I'll start another one, because I'm also curious about the Philippines & would like to hear if anyone knows about that.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Previous

Return to General Discussions