Tsar's Plan: Anyone Else Interested in Making $$$$$

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Tsar's Plan: Anyone Else Interested in Making $$$$$

Post by Cornfed »

I'm thinking Tsar's suicidal tendencies may be simply manifesting themselves in a different way.
Dragon
Junior Poster

Post by Dragon »

Tsar has less credibility than an old expat in a gogo bar who says he's faithful to his wife back at home.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Tsar wrote:...easily multiply their investment by 5 or 10. $1,000 can easily become $5,000 or $10,000 with a chance for $20,000....
...walking away with $10,000-$50,000 total dependent on how much we investment...
...I thought more people would be interested in collaborating with me. Even on some other websites no one wants to get in on this. Some wouldn't break the law for money (pathetic) and some would be too afraid (cowards). ...
Not worth it. You'd probably need two orders of magnitude returns, for most to consider that flagrant scheme.
And i'm sure the SEC can produce enough charges to keep you from competing with the big con artists...

I know when you're broke (i was there at your age) 10 or 50 grand sounds like a lot of money, but it's not.
Better put your efforts and time in whatever talents you have.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

droid wrote:I know when you're broke (i was there at your age) 10 or 50 grand sounds like a lot of money, but it's not.
That's another thing. [Talking to Tsar] I know having a few tens of grand seems like the Promised Land, but it just goes. You seem to think it is the Holy Grail, but it's not. It is not worth the likelyhood of becoming Tyrone's ass-monkey to pursue a forlorn dream.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

AS Taco has stated all paper money eventually returns to it's real value.

If I was to bet on the best returns coming up for the average Joe who cannot print his own fraudulent unbacked currencies I would bet on real silver for a good start.
Time to Hide!
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

This is a trick you could probably get away with, if you were a character on the Sopranos, or if your name was JP Morgan and the year was 1800-something. Today absolutely not.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

This is semi-related, i just did a quick search.

http://www.texastribune.org/2016/04/11/ ... ies-fraud/

"People recruiting investors have a legal obligation to disclose any compensation they are receiving to promote a stock, and we allege that Paxton and White concealed the compensation they were receiving for touting Servergy’s product," Shamoil T. Shipchandler, director of the SEC’s Fort Worth regional office, said in a news release on the complaint.

Paxton pitched the company to his “friends, business associates, law firm clients” as well as members of his investment group. Among those in the investment group who later bought shares in Servergy was Paxton's colleague in the Texas House, state Rep. Byron Cook, R-Corsicana.

“Based on prior dealings in the group, members trusted each other to consider the interests of the group as a whole and not exploit one another for a member's personal benefit. Similarly, prior experiences in the group established that the member who recommended an investment would monitor the investment going forward and represent the group's interests,” the filing states. “Despite a duty to do so, Paxton knowingly or recklessly failed to inform any member of the investment group that he was being compensated by Servergy for recruiting investors.”
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

Adama wrote:This is a trick you could probably get away with, if you were a character on the Sopranos, or if your name was JP Morgan and the year was 1800-something. Today absolutely not.
Or if your name is Tim Sykes, the modern King of Penny Stock manipulation. He's the guy who does it all the time with his cartel.
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

Tim Syke's got what he wanted:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaHTYIC-yQ8[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zf9RdPoWz8[/youtube]
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Oh dear...
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

I think the Space Monster has warped his mind..
Time to Hide!
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

The_Adventurer wrote:There are better and easier ways to make money. Currently, globally there are plenty of companies trading for less than their book value. That's like buying one dollar for 70 cents.
Your strategy sounds easy but, companies trade at discounts to book value usually for good reason. Ever consider what is behind book value? Unless you have direct access to a company and can go through every asset and liability, book value is largely a black box.

Book value is assets minus liabilities. Assuming liabilities are transparent (mostly short and long term debt plus payables), you need to dig into assets to figure out the true value. There's where the problem usually is. Assets may include obsolete fixed assets, goodwill which is largely arbitrary, investment holdings which have not been marked to true market or are very illiquid and have been listed at cost, irrecoverable loans, etc.

Sightly better arbitrage strategy might be to seek out listed closed-end funds trading significantly below NAV assuming most of the funds asset holdings are fairly transparent with decent liquidity. The secondary markets do sometimes fluctuate above and below intrinsic value for bundles of transparent assets thanks to unique supply demand dynamics.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

How bout the whole entire system is a rigged joke through the central bank.
Time to Hide!
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

Don't care if anyone isn't interested in being part of a group to manipulate a certain asset class. I'll try to find something that is actually downright 100% illegal and that I can do individually that earns me a similarly large sum of money this year.
gnosis
Freshman Poster

Post by gnosis »

Tsar wrote:I'll try to find something that is actually downright 100% illegal and that I can do individually that earns me a similarly large sum of money this year.
But why? I understand you hate your life, but going to prison won't increase your quality of life. And they will take away your shoelaces, so you won't be able to kill yourself there.

Have you thought about legal ways to rip people off and profit from their suffering?