no longer gentleman

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
CB8
Freshman Poster

Re: no longer gentleman

Post by CB8 »

cdnFA wrote:I will say that most gentleman type actions are very sexist and basically treat women like they were children or crippled and incapable of functioning.
Gentleman type actions were originally intended as a way to show respect for women, such as standing up when a woman enters the room or giving her your seat. These actions can be interpreted treating women as lesser beings, but they can also be interpreted as honoring them.
cdnFA
Junior Poster

Post by cdnFA »

CB8 wrote: Gentleman type actions were originally intended as a way to show respect for women, such as standing up when a woman enters the room or giving her your seat. These actions can be interpreted treating women as lesser beings, but they can also be interpreted as honoring them.
I think it is more than a coincidence that these actions treat women as weak and incapable regardless of intention.
Also considering that these behaviours date from a time when women were treated as lesser beings, and said actions are completely consistent with that view. I'll stick with my perspective.
I also think most gentleman actions are supplicating beta moves also. So maybe there is a bit of what you said there also.

As for giving a woman your seat. Never do it to a preggers woman. I'd rather see a preggers girl stand then risk making a fat girl cry ;)
Also if it is a bus, maybe next time they should f**k a guy with a car.

Giving your seat to an otherwise healthy woman is both supplicating as hell and basically treats her as a gimp. Normally you would give your seat to an elder, or someone who is infirm. Extending it to otherwise healthy youngish women is questionable, unless you are trying to f**k her by being her bitch.
Eric
Experienced Poster

Post by Eric »

CB8 wrote:
cdnFA wrote:I will say that most gentleman type actions are very sexist and basically treat women like they were children or crippled and incapable of functioning.
Gentleman type actions were originally intended as a way to show respect for women, such as standing up when a woman enters the room or giving her your seat. These actions can be interpreted treating women as lesser beings, but they can also be interpreted as honoring them.

I agree. You can't do this anymore. I did it so many times - until, I just stopped. It's the ultimate smack in the face to be attacked for just trying to respect someone. Besides, these women appear like you wouldn't want to go within ten feet of them - so I take the hint.

It sucks, man. I don't know who created this shit, but it really sucks. I don't know how women think this benefits them at all. Don't they feel the need for love? It's so weird, the women here are so cold. ...So entirely cold. It's unreal.
Misery and happiness are only states of mind.
Dragon
Junior Poster

Post by Dragon »

Become a rapist. You can't deny rapists always get laid.
CB8
Freshman Poster

Post by CB8 »

Eric wrote:I agree. You can't do this anymore. I did it so many times - until, I just stopped. It's the ultimate smack in the face to be attacked for just trying to respect someone.
Exactly. It's bizarre. It makes you hesitant to even open a door for a woman struggling with bags. Some women will get mad at you for even doing that. I guess just let them fumble around for 5 minutes because they don't need no help from no man. :roll:
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

What is funny is the more you give up on them and stop being so thirsty for their attention, the more they will notice you. Nobody wants to f**k a puppy after all. Focus on yourself, and you will find their focus on you.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Dragon
Junior Poster

Post by Dragon »

MarcosZeitola wrote:What is funny is the more you give up on them and stop being so thirsty for their attention, the more they will notice you. Nobody wants to f**k a puppy after all. Focus on yourself, and you will find their focus on you.
I think guys like this are beyond hope or redemption. They have so little awareness of themselves you'd wonder how they managed to get to Thailand in the first place.
drronnie
Freshman Poster

Post by drronnie »

Dragon wrote:Become a rapist. You can't deny rapists always get laid.
Rape not an option. I think just avoiding women's attention should suffice
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

drronnie wrote:I am taking a bad development because I no longer help women and try to ignore tbem when I can. I dont think that men sbould be gentlemen anymore when women treat us like crap. Thoughts?
:lol:
http://www.girlsaskguys.com/social-rela ... gs-too-far
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
Nomad
Freshman Poster

Post by Nomad »

I use to be a "nice guy" in my early 20's, open doors for women, carry boxes, and all that stuff. In the end, when I look back and wonder, what did those actions get me? It got me used as a sucker.

You see, back in the day when women were virgins, had God fearing values, and even though weren't perfect, were trying to uphold the 10 commandments, those women deserve Gentlemen behaviour. You honor those women by doing what men do best. These women I call "ladies".

Now days with the rise of feminism and lack of virtue, where women sleep around with 20 guys and think nothing of it, yet still expect to be honored as if they were untouched virgins or held any virtue at all, is a insult to my honor. These women I call "whores".

If a man rapes and murders a child, do you go out of your way to open a door for him? Why not?
Then why should a man go out of his way to open doors for women, who have sex like wild beasts, have rejected sound moral wisdom, and ultimately hate me for my gender alone?

Do not throw your pearls before swine.

I am a gentleman, but only towards my wife.
GoingAwol
Junior Poster

Post by GoingAwol »

I lost interest in being a gentleman after having several millennial witches give me an attitude when I opened the door for them. One said "Uh, I can do that myself" and another time one gave me a dirty look and walked out of her way to get to another door to spite me. You better believe I lost my desire to be a gentleman after dealing with crap like that....
cdnFA
Junior Poster

Post by cdnFA »

I open doors for people, never gotten attitude from anyone. Ever. Also I am pretty much the opposite of Brad Pitt.
Nomad wrote: Now days with the rise of feminism and lack of virtue, where women sleep around with 20 guys and think nothing of it, yet still expect to be honored as if they were untouched virgins or held any virtue at all, is a insult to my honor. These women I call "whores".

If a man rapes and murders a child, do you go out of your way to open a door for him? Why not?
Then why should a man go out of his way to open doors for women, who have sex like wild beasts, have rejected sound moral wisdom, and ultimately hate me for my gender alone?
Got it, f***ing 20 people = raping a child.

Wait, what?
w.p.o.
Freshman Poster

Post by w.p.o. »

drronnie wrote:I am taking a bad development because I no longer help women and try to ignore tbem when I can.
I know how you feel. I find myself holding the door open for only senior citizens and the seriously physically challenged. Able-bodied females 50 and under are on their own.
lostinthe80s
Freshman Poster

Post by lostinthe80s »

I quit being a gentleman ever since women started acting like a total bitch towards me as well as the antimale society we live in today.