Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme

Anyone here went to high school in the mid/late 1990s?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Anyone here went to high school in the mid/late 1990s?

Post by zboy1 » June 23rd, 2018, 3:05 am

The 90s were nowhere near as good as the 80s, but it had its moments...The music was good (I liked alt-rock music) and the TV and movies of the time were entertaining. The people started becoming unfriendly, standoffish and dickish in general, though.

The first half of the decade was good, but by the late 90s, I started noticing a decline in the culture and society. Then 9/11 came--and that was the beginning of the end of this country. ...

Check out our Dating Sites and International Romance Tours!

Guhji
Freshman Poster

Re: Anyone here went to high school in the mid/late 1990s?

Post by Guhji » June 24th, 2018, 12:38 am

I was born in '75. If heaven exists, and that's where I end up, I hope I can go back in time and relive the '80s. I love everything about that decade. The fashion, the music, the movies, the tv shows-there was a "fun factor" then that simply doesn't exist anymore. No auto-tune crap, No CGI. No liberal progressive ideology permeating all facets of life. No SJWs running wild, making life miserable for everyone. When was the last time you listened to a song as emotional as "Take my breath away" or watched a movie as fun as "Top Gun"? Men were men, and women were sexy, but feminine. Today, men act like supplicating clowns and women are just batshit crazy. That's how I see it, anyway. Or maybe I'm just an old man trying to fit into a world I don't understand anymore. Maybe the world is just fine the way it is, and it's me who needs to change.

I think Trump is trying to create a cultural shift in American society, trying to go back to the way things were-but I think it's too little, too late. It's sad really...