Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme

London to ban "body-shaming" advertisements

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

MatureDJ
Freshman Poster

London to ban "body-shaming" advertisements

Post by MatureDJ » June 15th, 2016, 2:47 am

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/life/l ... ic-transp/
London mayor Sadiq Khan has banned all ads promoting a negative body image on the Transport for London (TfL) network.

Khan initially pledged to ban ads that encouraged “unhealthy or unrealistic” body images back in his mayoral election manifesto.

His decision came after a Protein World ad asking women if they were “beach body ready” sparked 378 complaints to advertising watchdog ASA (Advertising Standards Authority) last year.

Many of the ads,, which were shown in Tube stations, were defaced by protesters who called for the ad to be banned on social media.

The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Re: London to ban "body-shaming" advertisements

Post by The_Adventurer » June 15th, 2016, 3:16 am

Of course it means only body shaming ads featuring women. I bet a protein drink ad with some Captain America looking dude would never get a second thought.

Maybe in the future they'll ban fitness ads all together, and force fit people to wear burkas because their very appearance on the streets causes little snowflakes to feel inadequate.
“b***y is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of b***y in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond » June 15th, 2016, 1:43 pm

The_Adventurer wrote:Of course it means only body shaming ads featuring women. I bet a protein drink ad with some Captain America looking dude would never get a second thought.

Maybe in the future they'll ban fitness ads all together, and force fit people to wear burkas because their very appearance on the streets causes little snowflakes to feel inadequate.
Exactly, we don't want to offend anyone, especially women. :roll:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost » June 15th, 2016, 6:00 pm

The_Adventurer wrote:Of course it means only body shaming ads featuring women. I bet a protein drink ad with some Captain America looking dude would never get a second thought.

London does have a Muslim mayor now...interesting thought. This could be their backdoor to burkas. :lol:

MatureDJ
Freshman Poster

Post by MatureDJ » June 15th, 2016, 8:09 pm

Ghost wrote:backdoor to burkas. :lol:
That could be a great title for a kinky p0rno movie. :D

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost » June 15th, 2016, 8:33 pm

MatureDJ wrote:
Ghost wrote:backdoor to burkas. :lol:
That could be a great title for a kinky p0rno movie. :D
The movie would have Muslim men f***ing white European women, then putting burkas on them. Or beheading them, with the European chicks screaming in pleasure right up until the machete comes down.

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond » June 15th, 2016, 9:03 pm

This Muslim mayor of London does not want to hurt overweight girls feelings. Next, they will ban shirts with anything attractive on the shirt. LOL :P

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."

Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye » June 15th, 2016, 9:21 pm

It's because the mayor is muslim & he can't say it's because of sharia or anything like that out loud without causing problems. What the f**k is wrong with England? They have an issue with so many things, but not getting pushed around- they worry about someone using a gun or a knife against them, but not a culture & psychological tactics.

xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao » June 17th, 2016, 10:50 am

I wish the Mayor would focus on REAL issues, like this morning the tube train door opened when we were moving... almost fell out.
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.

Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye » June 17th, 2016, 7:09 pm

xiongmao: How are things in England? Seems like things are pretty tense.

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond » June 17th, 2016, 8:43 pm

walrusface
Freshman Poster

Post by walrusface » June 18th, 2016, 4:13 am

Politically incorrect comics at unpccomix.tumblr.com

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond » August 20th, 2017, 11:55 am

Muslim mayor of London, Sadiq Khan, has banned ads featuring sexy, fit women as it's “demeaning” and “shameful” to unattractive females.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5xfkzXs638[/youtube]

Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye » August 20th, 2017, 12:25 pm

This is the same guy that was saying that terrorism is part of living in a big city, right? In truth, it's a little stupid to mention "unrealistic" body images, because it doesn't have to be common to be real.

Also, what happens when someone actually looks like that in public? The get veiled? Jailed? Shot? It seems there would be something to "negate" that person's existence.

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond » August 27th, 2017, 5:42 pm

Wolfeye wrote:This is the same guy that was saying that terrorism is part of living in a big city, right? In truth, it's a little stupid to mention "unrealistic" body images, because it doesn't have to be common to be real.

Also, what happens when someone actually looks like that in public? The get veiled? Jailed? Shot? It seems there would be something to "negate" that person's existence.
What happened was feminists and liberals in the UK complained to government officials about how "unrealistic" these advertisements were for the average woman to achieve. The mayor of London then decided to ban all the advertisements showing women in bikinis and lingerie.

What will they ban next? Advertisements for healthy food?