Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

London to ban "body-shaming" advertisements

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

London to ban "body-shaming" advertisements

Postby MatureDJ » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:47 am

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/life/london-mayor-sadiq-khan-bans-body-shaming-ads-from-public-transp/

London mayor Sadiq Khan has banned all ads promoting a negative body image on the Transport for London (TfL) network.

Khan initially pledged to ban ads that encouraged “unhealthy or unrealistic” body images back in his mayoral election manifesto.

His decision came after a Protein World ad asking women if they were “beach body ready” sparked 378 complaints to advertising watchdog ASA (Advertising Standards Authority) last year.

Many of the ads,, which were shown in Tube stations, were defaced by protesters who called for the ad to be banned on social media.
MatureDJ
Freshman Poster

Re: London to ban "body-shaming" advertisements

Postby The_Adventurer » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:16 am

Of course it means only body shaming ads featuring women. I bet a protein drink ad with some Captain America looking dude would never get a second thought.

Maybe in the future they'll ban fitness ads all together, and force fit people to wear burkas because their very appearance on the streets causes little snowflakes to feel inadequate.
“b***y is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of b***y in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Postby jamesbond » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:43 pm

The_Adventurer wrote:Of course it means only body shaming ads featuring women. I bet a protein drink ad with some Captain America looking dude would never get a second thought.

Maybe in the future they'll ban fitness ads all together, and force fit people to wear burkas because their very appearance on the streets causes little snowflakes to feel inadequate.

Exactly, we don't want to offend anyone, especially women. :roll:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Ghost » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:00 pm

The_Adventurer wrote:Of course it means only body shaming ads featuring women. I bet a protein drink ad with some Captain America looking dude would never get a second thought.

London does have a Muslim mayor now...interesting thought. This could be their backdoor to burkas. :lol:
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby MatureDJ » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:09 pm

Ghost wrote:backdoor to burkas. :lol:

That could be a great title for a kinky p0rno movie. :D
MatureDJ
Freshman Poster

Postby Ghost » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:33 pm

MatureDJ wrote:
Ghost wrote:backdoor to burkas. :lol:

That could be a great title for a kinky p0rno movie. :D

The movie would have Muslim men f***ing white European women, then putting burkas on them. Or beheading them, with the European chicks screaming in pleasure right up until the machete comes down.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby jamesbond » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:03 pm

This Muslim mayor of London does not want to hurt overweight girls feelings. Next, they will ban shirts with anything attractive on the shirt. LOL :P

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Wolfeye » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:21 pm

It's because the mayor is muslim & he can't say it's because of sharia or anything like that out loud without causing problems. What the f**k is wrong with England? They have an issue with so many things, but not getting pushed around- they worry about someone using a gun or a knife against them, but not a culture & psychological tactics.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Postby xiongmao » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:50 am

I wish the Mayor would focus on REAL issues, like this morning the tube train door opened when we were moving... almost fell out.
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Postby Wolfeye » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:09 pm

xiongmao: How are things in England? Seems like things are pretty tense.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Postby jamesbond » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:43 pm

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby walrusface » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:13 am

Politically incorrect comics at unpccomix.tumblr.com
walrusface
Freshman Poster

Return to General Discussions