Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Anyone's Teeth Ever Get Better While Living Abroad?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Anyone's Teeth Ever Get Better While Living Abroad?

Postby Wolfeye » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:19 am

Hey, everyone. Just was curious: Have any of you ever had your teeth get better when you were living in another country? Like pits filling in/remineralizing?
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Re: Anyone's Teeth Ever Get Better While Living Abroad?

Postby Yohan » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:33 am

Here in Japan, yes. Much better and cheaper than Europe.

The Japanese National Health Insurance (all Japanese nationals and every foreigner holding a visa of one year or longer is fully insured) pays for dental work of any kind. This includes bridges over missing teeth, ceramic crown over a tooth etc. etc.

There are many dentists here in Tokyo and waiting time is almost zero.
Yohan
Veteran Poster

Postby xiongmao » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:48 am

Cut your sugar intake and notice the difference.

Also mine seem better since I switched to fluoride-free toothpaste. Fluoride allows governments to control you all.
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Postby GoingAwol » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:27 am

Yohan wrote:Here in Japan, yes. Much better and cheaper than Europe.

The Japanese National Health Insurance (all Japanese nationals and every foreigner holding a visa of one year or longer is fully insured) pays for dental work of any kind. This includes bridges over missing teeth, ceramic crown over a tooth etc. etc.

There are many dentists here in Tokyo and waiting time is almost zero.

Are you serious? I guess I know where I want to teach English after I get my TESOL bachelor's degree. I need a lot of dental work.
GoingAwol
Freshman Poster

Postby Contrarian Expatriate » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:10 pm

After living abroad since 2003, no. My teeth and gums have suffered and I had to get them treated in the US.

Any real dentist can do a tooth cleaning. I get that every six months now, but prior to that, my teeth suffered and I got a bothced procedure that it took 3K dollars to fix.
Feel free to visit my sites and to leave your respected words of wisdom:

http://thedeclineofmyamerica.blogspot.com/

http://www.youtube.com/user/ContrarianExpatriate
Contrarian Expatriate
Experienced Poster

Postby Wolfeye » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:07 pm

See, I don't really need much of anything done- I just don't want them to get worse. I understand that it's a nutritional thing (you need enough minerals & the vitamins to absorb those minerals, plus not having too much stuff that blocks it off or makes a drain on things- phytic acid is in a lot of grains & does the former, sugar throws the body's pH out of whack & the body sucks things from your teeth/bones to balance things out). I've been using those cod liver & butter oil pills with eating eggshells, but I don't know if it's working (I hear it takes about two months to start seeing an effect).
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Postby E Irizarry R&B Singer » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:54 pm

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:After living abroad since 2003, no. My teeth and gums have suffered and I had to get them treated in the US.

Any real dentist can do a tooth cleaning. I get that every six months now, but prior to that, my teeth suffered and I got a bothced procedure that it took 3K dollars to fix.

Interesting. I thought that you could have gone to good dentists abroad to do better and cheaper job at what you came back to the USA to get fixed for so much more.
It's time to expatriate to evade your fate; it's time to expatriate before the barn door permanently closes on "US" sheep.
Debut mixtape "The Skilled Neophyte of RNB (x64)" dropping Spring 2016 - Follow me on Twitter @eirizarryRNB
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Veteran Poster

Return to General Discussions