Anyone's Teeth Ever Get Better While Living Abroad?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Anyone's Teeth Ever Get Better While Living Abroad?

Post by Wolfeye »

Hey, everyone. Just was curious: Have any of you ever had your teeth get better when you were living in another country? Like pits filling in/remineralizing?
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Anyone's Teeth Ever Get Better While Living Abroad?

Post by Yohan »

Here in Japan, yes. Much better and cheaper than Europe.

The Japanese National Health Insurance (all Japanese nationals and every foreigner holding a visa of one year or longer is fully insured) pays for dental work of any kind. This includes bridges over missing teeth, ceramic crown over a tooth etc. etc.

There are many dentists here in Tokyo and waiting time is almost zero.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Cut your sugar intake and notice the difference.

Also mine seem better since I switched to fluoride-free toothpaste. Fluoride allows governments to control you all.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
GoingAwol
Junior Poster

Post by GoingAwol »

Yohan wrote:Here in Japan, yes. Much better and cheaper than Europe.

The Japanese National Health Insurance (all Japanese nationals and every foreigner holding a visa of one year or longer is fully insured) pays for dental work of any kind. This includes bridges over missing teeth, ceramic crown over a tooth etc. etc.

There are many dentists here in Tokyo and waiting time is almost zero.
Are you serious? I guess I know where I want to teach English after I get my TESOL bachelor's degree. I need a lot of dental work.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

After living abroad since 2003, no. My teeth and gums have suffered and I had to get them treated in the US.

Any real dentist can do a tooth cleaning. I get that every six months now, but prior to that, my teeth suffered and I got a bothced procedure that it took 3K dollars to fix.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

See, I don't really need much of anything done- I just don't want them to get worse. I understand that it's a nutritional thing (you need enough minerals & the vitamins to absorb those minerals, plus not having too much stuff that blocks it off or makes a drain on things- phytic acid is in a lot of grains & does the former, sugar throws the body's pH out of whack & the body sucks things from your teeth/bones to balance things out). I've been using those cod liver & butter oil pills with eating eggshells, but I don't know if it's working (I hear it takes about two months to start seeing an effect).
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:After living abroad since 2003, no. My teeth and gums have suffered and I had to get them treated in the US.

Any real dentist can do a tooth cleaning. I get that every six months now, but prior to that, my teeth suffered and I got a bothced procedure that it took 3K dollars to fix.
Interesting. I thought that you could have gone to good dentists abroad to do better and cheaper job at what you came back to the USA to get fixed for so much more.
Ruamtow
Freshman Poster

Post by Ruamtow »

For me, it's much cheaper to get back to the USA to treat them..
Spireman
Freshman Poster

Post by Spireman »

You know, I have this feeling that there's no better dental care than in the USA.