Guys who go to Thailand to meet women; opinions?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
mattyman
Junior Poster

Guys who go to Thailand to meet women; opinions?

Post by mattyman »

Why do so many think it's sad?

There was a video I watched in youtube the other day in which western women were interviewed and asked their opinion on this. Unfortunately, I can't find the one to post here and forgot to bookmark it. Lot's of them had the feminist opinion that they were all losers, some had a more empathetic view and could see why men might see the appeal of Thai women, and one (German-sounding) woman went into detail about the attitude of western women. Anyway.

Sure, those people who go just for easy sex, prostitues and hedonism, I don't agree with. That just gives guys looking for love abroad a bad name. It's such a shame that there's so many guys from the US and UK that go just for that.

What about guys who want to meet a woman that's kind, humble, respectful of others, not obese, not covered in tattoes to have a relationship with? What about guys who are sick and tired of only meeting women with foul attitude, no appreciation, no humility, no respect for others. Women that treat dates as the recruitment process for NASA. Is that sad? I don't think so. I think that this should be seen as a symptom of a problem, not something to be scoffed-at. A symptom that a lot of women in western countries simply are not that appealing to most men (I'm not talking about looks and obesity, I'm mainly referring to the foul attitudes, the selfishness, shallowness, narcissism, game-playing, lack of humulity and accountability). What's on offer in the singles pool consists mostly of airheads, rough-as-f***s, damaged girls, game players, down right unattractive people, or a combination of those. Ones that are attractive and red-flag-free are like a needle in a haystack, and almost always taken. It makes sense for a lot of guys to go where they're likely to meet a greater abundance of good women. Is that sad? I think this should really be seen as a symptom of a problem; a shortage of good women, rather than blaming individuals looking for love abroad being sad losers. If anything, guys going for the cheap hedonism gets in the way of addressing the symptoms that are driving people to date abroad; what's talked about on this site that's still too politically-incorrect

The fact that you're not allowed to talk about this without being labelled as 'entitled' only adds to the problem.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Re: Guys who go to Thailand to meet women; opinions?

Post by pete98146 »

mattyman wrote:Why do so many think it's sad?

There was a video I watched in youtube the other day in which western women were interviewed and asked their opinion on this. Unfortunately, I can't find the one to post here and forgot to bookmark it. Lot's of them had the feminist opinion that they were all losers, some had a more empathetic view and could see why men might see the appeal of Thai women, and one (German-sounding) woman went into detail about the attitude of western women. Anyway.

Sure, those people who go just for easy sex, prostitues and hedonism, I don't agree with. That just gives guys looking for love abroad a bad name. It's such a shame that there's so many guys from the US and UK that go just for that.

What about guys who want to meet a woman that's kind, humble, respectful of others, not obese, not covered in tattoes to have a relationship with? What about guys who are sick and tired of only meeting women with foul attitude, no appreciation, no humility, no respect for others. Women that treat dates as the recruitment process for NASA. Is that sad? I don't think so. I think that this should be seen as a symptom of a problem, not something to be scoffed-at. A symptom that a lot of women in western countries simply are not that appealing to most men (I'm not talking about looks and obesity, I'm mainly referring to the foul attitudes, the selfishness, shallowness, narcissism, game-playing, lack of humulity and accountability). What's on offer in the singles pool consists mostly of airheads, rough-as-f***s, damaged girls, game players, down right unattractive people, or a combination of those. Ones that are attractive and red-flag-free are like a needle in a haystack, and almost always taken. It makes sense for a lot of guys to go where they're likely to meet a greater abundance of good women. Is that sad? I think this should really be seen as a symptom of a problem; a shortage of good women, rather than blaming individuals looking for love abroad being sad losers. If anything, guys going for the cheap hedonism gets in the way of addressing the symptoms that are driving people to date abroad; what's talked about on this site that's still too politically-incorrect

The fact that you're not allowed to talk about this without being labelled as 'entitled' only adds to the problem.
Take it from me (a guy who is married to a pretty Filipina who is 19 years my younger). This topic is not as big of a deal as many think. If you are successful in finding a foreign gf or bride and you parade her around back home, truth be told that so many people walk around in their own little bubbles that most won't even notice and/or care. Also, we live in a world where tolerance and political correctness is preached ad nauseam so this will also work in your favor.

Case in point. My wife and I went to a beer tasting festival yesterday at Marymoor Park. It was an all day event with 2000 people walking around. My wife just so happened to be wearing a really neat knitted dress. Probably 5 or 6 women came up to Cathy and complimented her and asked where she got the dress. Not one of these women snickered or gave us a dirty look.

Sure women would spout off if you stuck a microphone under their noses and asked how they felt about this topic but in real life they'll never have a chance to voice their disapproval. Even if they did, who cares?
Mr Natural
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr Natural »

pete98146 wrote:5 or 6 women came up to Cathy and complimented her and asked where she got the dress. Not one of these women snickered or gave us a dirty look.
Haha probably 5 out of 6 of them didn't know she was a foreigner married to a much older guy. I agree about not caring but let's be honest here, American women in general don't have a very favorable view of such things. Now the men, some of them will act as if it's scandalous or something awful but in fact I suspect most men are simply jealous. But American women don't approve at all.
Everybody has a plan til they get punched in the mouth
Mike Tyson
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Mr.Natural,

Not sure if I agree. I think the main stream American women don't give a shit what a guy does because they are too busy with their own lives. Some feminist might complain only because they think it's exploitation .
Lorenzo
Freshman Poster

Post by Lorenzo »

I went through this exact experience. People at home wouldn't say it to my face but I could tell for sure they tried to put a black mark on me for meeting girls in Thailand. Fact is they were envious, annoyed and/or jealous. The women were pissed that I was bypassing them for younger models abroad...this devalued the winches! The men frowned upon it, meanwhile they weren't getting any and likely living a life of solitary masturbation. My roommate got engaged to an older lady that looks like his mom, yet tried to discourage me. He said sex was better with an older woman even if she was 58...ya right LOL. Who are the real losers?

I agree with Pete, when you bring back that cute, smiling, petite if not hot Thai lady you will be the envy, because in their minds, its not fair! Let them look and be tortured souls. By the way, a younger woman will help make a younger man out of you.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

Lorenzo wrote:I agree with Pete, when you bring back that cute, smiling, petite if not hot Thai lady you will be the envy, because in their minds, its not fair!
Thanks Lorenzo. Really the operative word here is "fair." Who gets to determine what is fair or not? These Patriarchal hating women can try to lay down as many laws, norms and beliefs as they see fit but that doesn't mean I have to play by their rules!!!! To them it's clearly an issue of power. I have it and they want it. All of us have the ability to do an "end around" and meet a lady from abroad and our ability to do so is a hard slap to their faces and they loathe it.

Here's what I find ironic. The modern Democratic platform is morphing into a one world vision. They are perfectly ok to tear down boarders by allowing immigrants from all over the world come into this country. To them, it's all fine and dandy EXCEPT when said immigrant is a pretty sexy young thing that may catch the eye of their male countrymen!!!!!!! God forbid if she seduces him, they have a relationship, get married and live happily ever after. Gulp. Wait a minute!!!!!!!!!!! This would put wind into the sails of American men and dammit, that was not the plan. Damned the Patriarch, they need to be torn down and forced to suffer.

So I am happy to walk hand in hand with my wife and in the process thumb my nose to their notions of what is fair or not. Alas, it's me that STILL has the power :) If they don't like it, they can just suck it...
Mr Natural
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr Natural »

chanta76 wrote:main stream American women don't give a shit what a guy does because they are too busy with their own lives.
Then you must know different women than I do because that's not been my experience. I'm not talking about the face they put on, I'm talking about what they really think and say behind your back. I think most of it stems from jealousy, Asian women tend to be trim and men like the way they take care of them. I remember the last American woman I dated, about 25 years ago, asked me once why I seemed to like the Asian girls so much. I remember her saying it was pitiful the way so many Asian girls devoted themselves to pleasing their men. I replied that it would be nice if more women (ie like her) would do the same. We didn't last too long after that. But I think it's mostly jealousy, because it's difficult for them to compete. And they just can't stand it when they see a guy playing around with a slim hottie 20 or 30 years younger and the guy has a constant smile.
Everybody has a plan til they get punched in the mouth
Mike Tyson
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

mattyman wrote:Why do so many think it's sad?

Women/people don't think it's sad, they think it's pathetic that some men are willing to travel overseas to meet women.

The core reason as to why they feel that way is due to jealously and resentment due to the fact that their own countrymen don't want them.

Essentially, if a man openly says he's looking to date a woman from abroad, without saying anything he has just rejected the women from his own area.

As far as traveling overseas for sex, that doesn't make men look bad because that really isn't reported and in some countries it's legal. What makes men look bad is men who travel overseas to have sex with under age children.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

Mr Natural wrote:
chanta76 wrote:main stream American women don't give a shit what a guy does because they are too busy with their own lives.
But I think it's mostly jealousy, because it's difficult for them to compete.
Funny you should mention this. The entire thought extends over to the work place as well. My wife is a lead dental assistant. The owners of the practice are a husband and wife team from Indian. She is the dentist and he runs the office. Apparently the owners didn't get the "PC Memo" and they constantly run around saying, "we need to hire a staff of all Asian ladies because they are smarter and harder working than the other races." LOL. They don't seem to care if the non Asian employees get their feelings hurt or not.

Western Women may not come out and say it, but they ARE jealous. For jokes and giggles, pull up any forum topic along the lines of "why do western men prefer Asian ladies" and read the comments from western women. They go bonkers with fits of rage and jealousy.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

pete98146,

I'm curious..is this any different from let say white guys get jealous if white women are with black men?

I mean I can understand if it's a hot looking white guy who decides to pass up white women to be with an Asian girl and maybe white women might get jealous but if's an older homely looking white guy with an Asian girl I don't think its jealously and more like that's not right.

Regardless of the outcome it just shows to me there is women privilege in the dating market. Yes, an older unattractive guy can get a girl in Asia..but whose to say that once that asian girl comes to america she becomes the hot commodity here in the states.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

chanta76 wrote:pete98146,

I'm curious..is this any different from let say white guys get jealous if white women are with black men?

I mean I can understand if it's a hot looking white guy who decides to pass up white women to be with an Asian girl and maybe white women might get jealous but if's an older homely looking white guy with an Asian girl I don't think its jealously and more like that's not right.

Regardless of the outcome it just shows to me there is women privilege in the dating market. Yes, an older unattractive guy can get a girl in Asia..but whose to say that once that asian girl comes to america she becomes the hot commodity here in the states.
I think it is similar. Back in my early 20s I used to work in a reinsurance company and the gal who sat next to me was drop dead gorgeous. She dated only black guys. I'm sure all of us were a bit jealous. I actually used to play basketball with him and he's a very cool guy. Still run into them every now and then and they are now married. She still looks amazing but I'm more happy than jealous because they are such a great couple.

The second question is more difficult to answer. All of the guys that I know that are with Asian ladies are top notch guys. I'm very good friends with DaveWe. Dave has his sh*t together! He's extremely intelligent, professional, likable and worldly. His wife who is Filipina is stunning. Since Dave is very polished, people aren't as fast to point a finger and proclaim their marriage as out of the ordinary. Are other women jealous? Perhaps, but they understand why Janet is with him.

Now if Dave was some down on his luck schlub, then things would be different. As the old saying goes, "water tends to reach it's own level." So even if the wife is from a foreign country, IMHO, there tends to be a natural pairing ie less than stellar guys tend to marry less than stellar women. Sharper, more professional guys are going to attract a high caliber of ladies. I don't see a lot of ultra sexy foreign women dating schubby guys.

If they are not a good match then yes by all means, the girl will leave for better opportunities.
livefreeordie
Freshman Poster

Post by livefreeordie »

Lorenzo wrote:I went through this exact experience. People at home wouldn't say it to my face but I could tell for sure they tried to put a black mark on me for meeting girls in Thailand. Fact is they were envious, annoyed and/or jealous. The women were pissed that I was bypassing them for younger models abroad...this devalued the winches! The men frowned upon it, meanwhile they weren't getting any and likely living a life of solitary masturbation. My roommate got engaged to an older lady that looks like his mom, yet tried to discourage me. He said sex was better with an older woman even if she was 58...ya right LOL. Who are the real losers?

I agree with Pete, when you bring back that cute, smiling, petite if not hot Thai lady you will be the envy, because in their minds, its not fair! Let them look and be tortured souls. By the way, a younger woman will help make a younger man out of you.
Anything that makes spoiled, self-entitled domineering women of the west works harder is a good thing. Judging by how viciously the MSM recently attacked Roosh and the planned worldwide happy hour meetup from returnofkings, I think these sort of smart choices strengthen men in general

Id just be careful of one thing, because without generalizing or labeling all Thai women, ive found traveling in Thailand there tends to be a bit of xenophobia, and a strong sense and feeling that you are a walking wallet, with whole streets there with houses built by money from western men, kept by Thai women that have split up with them down the track and kept the house. I think they have a very strong sense of belonging to their own country and people that comes first, that might not necessarily work in your favor with the money side of things. Not to say there aren't a lot of faithful thai women of course, just saying to be careful with finances and the carrot of money is a powerful force, and its frustrating to see so many men around me/friends being taken for a ride financially nowadays (with western women exclusively so far).

Break the norms i say, more power to you .
cdnFA
Junior Poster

Post by cdnFA »

I think it is not so much jealousy but rather the idea that a guy going overseas was too much of a loser to get a girl here. I know that is what I think. We can smell out own after all. Toss in the assumption that the girl will likely ditch the guy the moment the right opportunity will come along [thus all the don't bring her back threads] or she married him for money and sticks around from duty which doesn't really look good on the guy either. Then you will get those who assume that you are another Adama looking for a doormat which again to most people, isn't very impressive.

I guess the question is, how many f***s do you give.

The idea that they are jealous? I think that is a bit of self serving ego protection. One of the running themes on HA with exceptions of course is of guys who can't get a girl back home for whatever reason, or a girl who isn't a dreg. If some 500 pound land whale dates a black dude, I am not jealous, I look down on the black dude. Doubt women are any different in this regard.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

cdnFA wrote:I think it is not so much jealousy but rather the idea that a guy going overseas was too much of a loser to get a girl here. I know that is what I think. We can smell out own after all. Toss in the assumption that the girl will likely ditch the guy the moment the right opportunity will come along [thus all the don't bring her back threads] or she married him for money and sticks around from duty which doesn't really look good on the guy either. Then you will get those who assume that you are another Adama looking for a doormat which again to most people, isn't very impressive.
That's obviously dishonest, as i posted on the other thread. Your confessing being of lesser value yourself is meaningless, don't crutch on that.

>Conditions in favor of women = Fair balanced market, or rather life is not fair deal with it. These women know better. Not bringing her back, loser, or she rightly ditches him in the new environment, but damn that slim bitch come compete for our men.

>Conditions in favor of men = Unfair, losers taking advantage, bringing western wife there not even discussed, him ditching her in that new environment is loser not her, those women there don't have agency, yet can perfectly plan (rightly) ditching him, etc.. because losers
cdnFA wrote:I guess the question is, how many f***s do you give.
The question is, why do others give a f**?
cdnFA wrote: The idea that they are jealous? I think that is a bit of self serving ego protection. One of the running themes on HA with exceptions of course is of guys who can't get a girl back home for whatever reason, or a girl who isn't a dreg. If some 500 pound land whale dates a black dude, I am not jealous, I look down on the black dude. Doubt women are any different in this regard.
Not necessarily jealous, but they know every chump that opts out is one less groveler and their value is affected, thus the obvious resentment.
Otherwise they *truly* wouldn't care at all about 'losers' going shopping at a different store.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Matt, let them have their opinions. The thing you have to remember is, most people aren't truly alive. They are simply dead souls with live bodies. They are asleep. They do not think for themselves. They are indoctrinated and programmed like robots. That is how they live their lives, going on what they've been programmed with, rather than evaluating situations and using their ability to empathize.

Their opinions do not matter. Remember there are lots of bobbleheaded bimbos in this world. In fact, most women are probably just empty vessels who can take any sort of programming.

Would you take the opinion of a child seriously? What if that child was a stranger? What if that child is a stranger who you'll never meet? And what if that child stranger who you will never meet is completely powerless to harm you, except for their ability to yell some feminist nonsense at you? They are just doing what their program tells them to do. They aren't even thinking for themselves.

Having said that though, if you want a good woman, maybe Thailand is not the place. Thailand doesn't seem the place to find good women, just from reading up on the stories here and elsewhere. Thailand is for mongering almost exclusively. It seems to me if you are a good man, you wouldn't want a whore or a dangerous woman who only destroys men. Read the stories of the whores of Thailand for your forewarning.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.