I left the USA almost a month ago

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

I left the USA almost a month ago

Post by MattHanson1990 »

I left the States almost a month ago after I had two music gigs - one was performing the re-score of the 1950s film Salt of the Earth, and I played in a newly founded early music ensemble in Los Alamos. But I decided that I had enough and now I'm back in Guanajuato, Mexico. And I'm determined to stay out of the US of Gay as long as possible because things over there are worse now compared to the last couple of years.

Anyways, I'm renting an apartment that's next to a bed and breakfast in the same neighborhood I stayed in my first time in Guanajuato. I had two dates with two different girls I met on Tinder, but they weren't interested in anything beyond a fling, which is why I'm going to not look on Tinder anymore and instead look offline. I am also playing in a mariachi band, which will open doors even more socially and will definitely get me quality girls than if I look on free dating sites. Also, when I arrived here from El Paso, I met up with one of the gorditas I dated last time I was here, but unfortunately she has a boyfriend as of now.

Next week I'm taking a class in Mexican culture and will meet other people at Escuela Mexicana. Then in August, I'm practicing my Spanish with several students at the Universidad de Guanajuato. I'm staying in Mexico for at least six months so I can actually localize, get immersed into the local culture, and build social circles. And eventually, that special someone will come.

Now, as far as staying out of the US as much as possible, I'm thinking about securing an English teaching job in Mexico. And when my contract is up, when I have to leave Mexico, I'm going somewhere else besides America. For instance, I am still considering going to Colombia when I have to leave Mexico.

When I was in the US of Gay for three months after my first stint in Guanajuato, I stayed in Albuquerque a lot from mid-March until early May. Albuquerque was somewhat saner than Los Alamos, but Mexico is way more fun than either place. I had no success convincing my family that a better life abroad is indeed possible, which is why I keep my plans secret from them. Also when I leave my dad's house longer term, I lie to them about where I'm going; I tell them I'm going to Albuquerque so that they wouldn't get suspicious. You may remember last year when they reprimanded me for going to Mexico because they think it's "too dangerous".
Last edited by MattHanson1990 on June 30th, 2016, 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: I left the USA almost a month ago

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Cheers, brother! You are now truly, genuinely free. Does it feel different, when you walk around now? Does the air smell better, the food taste better and the ladies smile warmer now that you are no longer a man behind bars?

Good luck. Hope you can make ways to stay as long as you need, and never go back to the negativity of your land of birth and family there. Stay positive, stay optimistic, count your blessings and remember how even your lowest moment here is greater then your highest moment where you came from.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
gnosis
Freshman Poster

Re: I left the USA almost a month ago

Post by gnosis »

Congratulations. I enjoy reading about your travels. Keep posting about your adventures.