Slow Death Through Loneliness

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
ezinho
Freshman Poster

Re: Slow Death Through Loneliness

Post by ezinho »

You're right it isn't difficult to get a girlfriend in Korea but when I lived there it seemed like the vast majority of foreign guys dated lower quality girls, the kind of girls that hang out in itaewon every weekend. Some of the real dumb ones would actually date the waitresses that worked at the pubs in itaewon. They always seemed to have something wrong with them. Those girls would be considered trailer trash in the U.S.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

gnosis
Freshman Poster

Post by gnosis »

yick wrote:Depends where you are in the country, some places are a lot more redneck than others and it depends how old you are.

Age is a factor, if you are over thirty, you are looking at divorcees and single mum's - which you can have back home. :roll:
You're right, age is a factor in Korea. I am a young man, so I had youth going for me when I was there. But I had an older coworker friend who was 30+ and he did well. I knew other early-thirties men who did well. It definitely wasn't a desert.

I imagine for a forty-something or older guy it would be tough. Those guys would have to look at Phils or another country. Or China, I guess. It sounds like you're an older guy who is doing well there.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

I'll tell you my story Gnosis - sad as it is. :lol:

My first stop in the Far East was South Korea, and as you know, there are loads of beautiful women - I was in my mid-30's when I arrived - but I look younger than my age, I am in my mid-40's and I look around 28-30. What would happen in Korea is that I would get interest and then they would find out my age and then they would lose interest. Because the ladies thought I was younger than what I actually was - which was frustrating but age is a factor there.

Two stories which might interest you - in the public school I worked at, a young Korean language teacher and I went on a date and we had a great time, the next week - she was transferred out of school, the first of me knowing about it was my co-teacher going 'Did you know xxx-xx-xxx has left?' And I was like '???' She was warned off that dating me was going to be bad for her career in the education system - how long was she there for? Three weeks, all the teachers knew we both went on dates.

Second story, I went to get my haircut and the hairdresser was this Korean girl in her late twenties - she was pleasant looking, knew a bit of English, wanted me to go to her church - so every time she would see me in the locale - she would stop me to talk to me to get me to come to her church - cue every adjosshi in the area to stick their nose in and ask her questions, like 'is her bothering you?' 'Is he your boyfriend/husband' all she was trying to do was to get me to come to her silly church whilst I am telling them f**k off. And one day this - old dude - he must have been around 70 shoved me in the back whilst she was trying to get me to come to her church (again) he was entering a lift - so I made my excuses to Ms Godbotherer and ran into the lift and glared at him telling him to try it now - he was shitting himself, old cunt.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

China? Oh yeah, it is far better for me for a lot of reasons, more women, more eligible women, and if you look 28 to a Chinese woman then that's your age as far as they are concerned, I have had interest off women between the ages of 19-25 and they know I am in my 40's - they don't care as much as they do in Korea. There are issues to contend like marriage - the liklehood of her family accepting you if you have anything like an age difference is slim, add the fact you are a foreigner and it get painful so it isn't problem free here but it is good.

Also, there are more body types in China, it isn't uncommon to see a woman with a nice arse or a nice big pair of natural breasts - dd cup and above - that is nothing like rare to see.

Korea has loads of beautiful girls though but I would only recommend it if you are in your twenties and even late twenties, you might be pushing it in my opinion but - YMMV.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Sorry Ghost this thread got way off the topic.

I'm Korean American and visited Korea since the 90's and married now. South Korea has ageism and maybe worst than USA and yes there are racist in South Korea. I'm not going to defend it but I met expats who loved Korea. It depends upon the person really to make the best of the situation. Korea is not the easiest country to live in. It's over crowded and people wants to know people business they do this everybody on top of that it's very competitive in Korea. A big part of the reason why some Koreans get plastic surgery is to compete in the job market. On their resume there is a picture attach to it and you guess it. If your not handsome or pretty they over look you.

South Korea is actually in my opinion getting worst. They are taking the bad part of western thinking and just messing it up. For example looks are very important in Korea. I think for expats they like it at first because the Korean girls dress well and are very clean looking but it's because the society is structure that way. Because of this if your a guy you have to dress well and look well. If your tall good looking guy and young you do OK in Korea dating wise if not ..forget it. '

I'm almost 40 and if my marriage does not work I would not go back to Korea to look for someone. That;s saying allot..and yes even for Korean American guys are judge harshly . Saying that the positive about Korea is there feminism is not that strong ..not yet. If you love to drink everyday that;s Korea. It 's a safe country like many other Asian country are and the infrastructure is very good.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Yeah, I have a fair few mates who love living in Korea, they all had one thing in common - they all learned Korean and got to a decent level with it.

A lot of good things about Korea, it is as first world as most of Europe, definitely more so than Spain or Italy. It is clean, safe, good transportation system, there are very few nanny laws - you can smoke and drink outside on the pavement (not that I smoke and drink) life is affordable, loads of pretty girls live there. It isn't my cup of tea though but I know people who loved living there though I think if you are a westerner - you need to be a certain type of person - you need to be really laid back, to be able to let things go, be amendable and you'll be all right.

It helps not to be fat, ugly, old - Koreans will comment on it and if you explode in their face the first time, don't worry, you'll soon adapt and get used to it. :lol:
gnosis
Freshman Poster

Post by gnosis »

Good stories, yick. The memories are coming back now. Sounds exactly like Korea.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Eric wrote:
Chanta76 wrote:....
That's why. Anything else I can help you to understand? .... .... ....
Geez ok, you're just and angry nut, i rarely do victim blaming here and mostly defend HA'ers, but you're just an angry nut, the problem is YOU in this case.
It's not gonna work for you anywhere if you really carry that attitude on the street, ready to lash out at everyone. Pack it up and go back home, work on your issues or something first. You'll probably lash out with a two page rant, but it needs to be said.
Eric wrote:Asians are some of the most racist, proud people in the world.
That's too broad, I'm realizing there are huge differences from region to region
Eric wrote:I do notice the stares, looks of outright hostility, condescension, etc.
Have you tried smiling when they stare? I get stared at all the time but i understand they're just curious, i smile and say hello and they smile back and say hi too and it's all good.
Eric wrote:It's like they hear we are "bad news" and so just avoid us. It's funny, kind of. Then, some of them like us for that reason....its funny.
Maybe they avoid you because they see the repressed anger in you.
Last edited by droid on July 19th, 2016, 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Eric
Experienced Poster

Post by Eric »

..Sorry to disappoint, more weak emotion driven responses...because you cannot come up with a rational point or points to what was said. "You're a meanie...you're so hateful"..bla bla.
The battle cry of the weak & the ignorant, in response to reality - or anything real.
Misery and happiness are only states of mind.
Eric
Experienced Poster

Post by Eric »

droid wrote:
Eric wrote:
Chanta76 wrote:....
That's why. Anything else I can help you to understand? .... .... ....
Geez ok, you're just and angry nut, i rarely do victim blaming here and mostly defend HA'ers, but you're just an angry nut, the problem is YOU in this case.
It's not gonna work for you anywhere if you really carry that attitude on the street, ready to lash out at everyone. Pack it up and go back home, work on your issues or something first. You'll probably lash out with a two page rant, but it needs to be said.
Eric wrote:Asians are some of the most racist, proud people in the world.
That's too broad, I'm realizing there are huge differences from region to region
Eric wrote:I do notice the stares, looks of outright hostility, condescension, etc.
Have you tried smiling when they stare? I get stared at all the time but i understand they're just curious, i smile and say hello and they smile back and say hi too and it's all good.
Eric wrote:It's like they hear we are "bad news" and so just avoid us. It's funny, kind of. Then, some of them like us for that reason....its funny.
Maybe they avoid you because they see the repressed anger in you.
Maybe, you wish all of that was true. ..

Look, at what's happened. I've simply explained the facts that whites are admired worldwide, and that whites are weary and tired of racism in America.

To see the responses I've gotten, just from this - reveals a lot.
Misery and happiness are only states of mind.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

How is this about whites, I just said you are way too angry and that some of the things you are seeing in China are going through angry glasses. You're the emotional one here.
Last edited by droid on July 19th, 2016, 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

gnosis wrote:
droid wrote:
gnosis wrote:I completely agree with you. For me, it is always a mixed bag. There are things I love and things that I cannot stand. Korea, for example. Fantastic public transportation. Fantastic healthcare system. Absolutely hated the culture. I was f***ing miserable in Korea. Never going back.
Can you expand on that? how long were you there?
@Winston, if you think the Taiwanese are bad, wait till you see Koreans haha, those motherf*kers really give you the 'You're just not there' and 'See thru you' treatment.
I lived in Asia for about a four-year period. For a little longer than half a year of that, I lived in Korea. Prior to moving there, I had an interest in the Korean language and culture, going back to my time in university. (I had many Korean friends in college.)

I wasn't prepared for the outright hostility I would face. I am not a sensitive guy, but I am observant and notice when people are giving me crap. I was never physically attacked (although a random stranger took a swing at a friend of mine), but people went out of their way to give me a hard time. The vibe was often "Okay, when are you leaving?" or "f**k off, subhuman scum."

In retrospect, moving to a city of only a million to two million people was a big mistake. Seoul is okay. People in Seoul are more open and cosmopolitan, but I have absolutely no interest in living in Korea again. Once was enough.

I did connect with a few Koreans when I was there. If you do make a real Korean friend, they are very genuine. But the "pure-blooded Korean race/master race" stuff that a lot of Koreans subscribe to gets really old fast.

I think couples who go to Korea get less negative attention than young single white men, but I went on a trip with a Canadian couple once, and I was infuriated by how rude the bus driver was to us, so I think even young couples feel some of the heat. (Older couples who are visiting are treated very well.)
I wouldn't consider it weird if they actually even took a swing at me or gave me the stink-eye or tried to stare me down, i would actually like that interaction haha. But those cocksuckers really pretend you're not there. I've tried -just for the sake of science- staring at them for 20 seconds or so from 5 feet away and they will just not even flinch; sometimes you know they're slightly reading their peripheral vision but it won't go beyond that. Completely inhuman/autistic SOB's.

Even rude westerners will acknowledge you once in a while, but i'd never ever seen something like this. Nordic people get a bad rep for being stoic or what not but this is beyond any of that.

I think it's a mistake to think that Korea is an intermediate between Japan and China. On the surface maybe yes, but if you dig it's a complete surprise. It's not the case at all IMHO. And to clarify, it's not just about me, they are like that even among themselves, they're completely socially inept and really don't give a rat's ass about anything or anyone outside their 1 or 2 feet perimeter. Their rudeness is actually passive.

This is some of what I've seen, here they come into the coffee shops and the friendly Vietnamese say 'welcome', 'good morning', etc. But nothing, no response, the Koreans just come in and mumble their order with a snotty tone and won't even attempt to say thanks or anything, pretty much like filthy donkeys grabbing their portion haha, it's horrible. Then they walk out later and the Vietnamese say 'thank you', 'good bye', but nothing, no response no thanks, nada, they just storm out. What a bunch of animals, no wonder the Japanese have looked down on them.

To be fair though, a few of them have responded Ok, once you press to initiate the interaction. There's also a couple of good looking hags on my building and they say hi now after I broke the ice like four times. Again I'm really curious to see Korea proper at some point.

Yeah sorry Ghost for hijacking your thread lol, but i guess there is some relevance.
gnosis
Freshman Poster

Post by gnosis »

Most of my time in Asia was spent in Vietnam. For me, there was a honeymoon period in Vietnam where I absolutely fell in love with everything. There was no honeymoon period for Korea. It quickly went from, oh, this is okay, to I f***ing hate this place.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on October 28th, 2016, 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Look, at what's happened. I've simply explained the facts that whites are admired worldwide
The only places whites are 'admired' is in places where there are lots of white people - Europe, America and those kind of places, how is all that admiration for white people working out for you in China? :lol: