Did Cat Stevens see the FEMI Nazi's coming ?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Did Cat Stevens see the FEMI Nazi's coming ?

Post by Moretorque »

I was recently reading where Paul McCartney stated that amongst all the artist Cat Stevens was the most talented.

So I started to listen to all his music, this guy wrote about love, peace and tenderness, as well as children. He wrote about other stuff as well but his music had a message and a message you would think women would love and he was a heart throb and still is to many.

I believe people will be listening to his music for a long time to come, he dated Carly Simon as well as Patti D Arbanville and dedicated two songs to her which I think are masterpieces. She will be remembered long into the future because Cat made her immortal.

This guy was every women's dream but yet he saw something in this world which made him turn 180 degrees and completely denounce all he had known as he converted to Islam and started a family with a very traditional Islamic women under a strict doctrine which made one of the most fluid talents of this world stiff as a board and lock his god given talent in a straight jacket for close to 30 years.........

He finally came back in 2006 and started performing again and all his spare money goes to his charities but something I believe about relationships in the West is what really spooked him in the 70's along with watching those around him die off from too much of a good thing.
Time to Hide!
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on April 1st, 2019, 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Did Cat Stevens see the FEMI Nazi's coming ?

Post by Adama »

No, if you want to be a Muslim, just like if you wanted to become Fundamentalist Mormon, Amish or Mennonite, you'll have to undergo a radical lifestyle change. You ever notice the black American women wearing a head scarf? Someone had to covert in their family for them to go around wearing that. That is just one outward manifestation of the lifestyle changes.

Unless you heard an anti-woman message, then you probably shouldn't assume it is there. There's nothing there to it was the relations between the sexes. Rather it seems more likely that in Islam you can't be a famous musician. That is, if you're really Muslim. There are many restrictions. And unlike in Christianity in which it is only the non-Christians who are judging Christians' behavior, other Muslims police Muslims. It isn't easy to just do what you want under Islam because it is more community based with enforced conformity.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Ghost wrote:Well, he did sing "Cat's in the Cradle," so I think that's a pretty good hint at what made him change.
He did not, that was Harry Chapin who died in 1981 from a car accident. By the way that is a great song!

He was run over by a Islamist who was driving a tractor trailer by the way..............
Time to Hide!
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Moretorque wrote: relationships in the West is what really spooked him in the 70's along with watching those around him die off from too much of a good thing.
Not really, because of this:
Moretorque wrote:he converted to Islam and started a family with a very traditional Islamic women under a strict doctrine which made one of the most fluid talents of this world stiff as a board and lock his god given talent in a straight jacket for close to 30 years..........
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Ghost wrote:Well, he did sing "Cat's in the Cradle," so I think that's a pretty good hint at what made him change.
Wasn't that Harry Chapin's tune?
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

It seems like he may have identified the West as Christian oriented and decided Christianity was a mess..........who knows.

After listening to music which I had not focused on in like 20 years I now realize how incredibly talented this guy was.

When most music is long forgotten his will still be heard.
Time to Hide!
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on April 1st, 2019, 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Ghost wrote:You guys are right. It was Harry Chapin. But didn't Cat Stephens do a cover of "Cat's Cradle"?
Harry Chapin died 35 years ago yesterday July 16th........... :cry:

I have never seen it but all kinds of people do alot of Cat Stevens covers today and that is amazing considering he got into trouble by agreeing somebody should be put to death for writing blasphemy about the Koran........

This guy could do it all if what I read is correct, I do not trust anything coming from London and Cat
along with the Beatles and many other greats such as Elton John came from there. It almost seems like the elite had Ghost writers :wink: and musitianist creating the works from behind the scenes ?

His first major song he wrote was for another artist when he was just 18 that sold for 40$ and it was titled " The First Cut is the Deepest " that is a great song and I never new he wrote it.........

They no longer play his recordings here in the US because they say he is an anti-Semite and he also called for the death penalty on a writer who spoke about the Islamist religion.

His song " Peace train " is rated the # 1 lost song but as stated you will not here his recordings on the radio any longer here. Supposedly a one man music machine if what I have been lead to believe is correct.........
Time to Hide!
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Moretorque wrote: I have never seen it but all kinds of people do alot of Cat Stevens covers today and that is amazing considering he got into trouble by agreeing somebody should be put to death for writing blasphemy about the Koran........
Well, that person was Salman Rushdie, author of the 'The Satanic Verses'.

That was pretty much the end of Cat Steven's so-called spiritual enlightenment, as he'd basically agreed with the Ayatollah Khomeini.

For there forth, he was labelled as another Islamist radical and was never treated as some New Age, advocate of peace, or at least ... some 'Peace Train'.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
GoingAwol
Junior Poster

Post by GoingAwol »

Cat Stevens was saved from drowning by a Muslim man. He said that led him to convert to Islam.
GoingAwol
Junior Poster

Post by GoingAwol »

His song "Wild World" is like a cautionary tale for modern women.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_0U3DlLFSU
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

I brought this story up because when I researched it I found it to be so odd, he had it all and I mean all in the West and was in his prime peak in every way but decided the West and Christianity was not for him any longer.

When he converted to Islam afterward he immediately found himself a wife and started having children so does that say something about the dread of trying to have a family in the US or UK ? Obviously he would not speak of this for fear of being labeled by the FEMI Nazi's and claims he became much closer to God after he almost drowned on Malibu beach and that is what caused him to make a move to Islam. I never heard the part of a Muslim saving him on this beach story.

His lyrics in his songs are way more wholesome than practically anybody else's.
Time to Hide!