Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Video: Why EVERY white guy in Asia is a loser..

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Re: Video: Why EVERY white guy in Asia is a loser..

Postby zboy1 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:13 am

With unhappy overseas Asians, it's a never-ending circle jerk. Complain, but do nothing. And yet, you have a whole continent with a large number of HA Asians who have returned back to their native homelands, and have done well.

Of course, there are failures, but there the types who wouldn't succeed no matter what country they're living in, and who do nothing but moan and complain all day, without trying to change things or themselves. Double Sigh...
Find teaching jobs in China at http://workabroad.today
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4444
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:33 am







Re: Video: Why EVERY white guy in Asia is a loser..

Postby yick » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:06 am

The problem is zboy1 - that's most men - most men would rather complain than do something proactive - which is of course why washed out, fat, single mums and psychos have their choice of men.

I have seen it where women whom I wouldn't sneeze on get a choice of men to pick to date - any woman that is actually decent and with things going on - they have a plethora of choices regards men to choose from.

Thankfully - most men would rather slit their wrists that go abroad and find happiness - I don't want them all doing what we're doing - what fun would that be if they were all here f***ing it up with their lack of anything risible going for them?

Now - there is a difference between a white man and an Asian, black or Hispanic man - simply put - to get anywhere dating in America or most of the Anglosphere - you have to be well above average to get an average white woman whereas an average white man will easily get an average white woman (and an average above white man will get an above average white woman). The only reason a white man is on here doing this is because a) He actually wants to live abroad or b) He refuses to improve himself physically, educationally in some way - they refuse to go to the gym and get into shape, refuse to buy decent clothes or to practice good hygiene, look at Dan Cilley - being white won't help someone like him.

Even the (average) white women who like Asian men talk about the hottest Asian men available - they never talk about average Asian males and their hotness.

The game is never ever changing for non-white guys in the Anglosphere - they aren't going to make films and TV shows where the Asian-American man is the hero, the sex symbol or the star.

But if you think of a lot of African-Americans who lived under Jim Crow - you'd think they would have gone 'Oh f**k this, I am off to New York' and though a fair few did - many stayed on because human nature is like that - people will take shit that be proactive.

My point is - most Asian-Americans (and other non-white men) will stay right where they are being shat on - which is good for us and our individual situations in the end but it isn't good for the community as a whole.
yick
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 440
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:11 am

Re: Video: Why EVERY white guy in Asia is a loser..

Postby cdnFA » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:04 pm

yick wrote:
Thankfully - most men would rather slit their wrists that go abroad and find happiness - I don't want them all doing what we're doing - what fun would that be if they were all here f***ing it up with their lack of anything risible going for them?



Plenty go over and don't find happiness.
But hey lets take the bait.

Sure get out of university go overseas and find yourself trapped in the English Teaching Ghetto because you have no actual skills that can't be found in abundance locally. Wonderful being 50 and making basically what you did when you were 25, or even better learning the language and either making 3rd world wages in some shit hole or have the joy of dealing with the gaijin glass cieiling even if you decide to spend your life at work. Oh yeah right, I am sure Yohan will derp in about how it isn't like that because he doesn't see it because everyone else who comments on Japanese or South Korean work culture is completely wrong.

Perhaps wait till your 45 or 50. Then you get the joy of pulling up stakes, dealing with multi country taxation issues, the fuckery of dealing with your RRSP, TFSA [or other equivalents, and having deemed to have sold everything the day you left like Canada does. Best of all is losing over 6 figures because you can't sell the shit you left back home because you are no longer resident as one English teacher in Thailand I know went through. But this time unless you are on an expat package or managed to have very rare skill sets you get to enjoy a serious hit to income.

Then you get the language issues which can be daunting to impossible [Chinese looking at you baby], the culture. Being able to eat the air [again Chinese] which is good because you can't trust the food, dealing with hyper corruption [SEA], being thrown off a balcony so your wife can take your property [thailand], the swamp ass heat, the social retardation [Japan] etc and for us whites, being a nigger.

Over and over in the rest of the internet it is pointed out the very few people stay long term double plus so when they are not trapped by not having any skills to bring home or by wife and kids. I was reading one article by a guy who was there for about 10 years in China and decided to leave with his Chinese wife and kids. The comments were overwhelming in agreement with him. The same site put up a counter argument by some chick who had been there for a year or two and the large numbers of comments were along the lines of "give it time"

For every Yohan who makes it there are many many others who run away, and Japan is the most liveable of the countries there.

As for myself, I really hope my current situation works out because who needs the bullshit. If it doesn't I'd consider wifehunting overseas but I am not too thrilled with living overseas. The only reason I'd consider it is because I am such a complete loser back home.

I however will not put down someone who doesn't want to uproot and split. Most people have some friends and connections, that would be enough to keep me from even thinking about leaving.
cdnFA
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 582
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:51 am

Re: Video: Why EVERY white guy in Asia is a loser..

Postby yick » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:16 am

Plenty go over and don't find happiness.
But hey lets take the bait.


There isn't any bait to take. I am quite aware that plenty go abroad and don't find happiness - there are some very stupid people who go abroad and end up getting fleeced or thrown from the top of a building because they were daft enough to marry a whore who left school at nine and they were daft enough to buy property in her name.

I am talking about sensible people... but I have this feeling of I am going to read a litany of excuses on why you won't move your arse, so let's go.

Sure get out of university go overseas and find yourself trapped in the English Teaching Ghetto because you have no actual skills that can't be found in abundance locally. Wonderful being 50 and making basically what you did when you were 25, or even better learning the language and either making 3rd world wages in some shit hole or have the joy of dealing with the gaijin glass cieiling even if you decide to spend your life at work. Oh yeah right, I am sure Yohan will derp in about how it isn't like that because he doesn't see it because everyone else who comments on Japanese or South Korean work culture is completely wrong.


English teaching is a skill - you have probably never ever done it and that's why you don't know, there are plenty of people who would enter a classroom and see a 100 Chinese faces staring back of them and run out in tears.

It's probably a lot harder than being a recruitment consultant or an advertising executive.

And places like China need well qualified English teachers - they have enough doctors, engineers, brain surgeons and market analysts of their own.

You talk about Yohan but he is actually abroad and has been for a long time, you are still in Canada, you have no idea what you are talking about. Anyone can be a critic sat on their arse, on the the dole back home - but like I said, it takes some testicular fortitude to make the move - most people don't really have that, they would rather stay at home and complain about their shitty life - as far as I am concerned, they/you can keep doing so.

Perhaps wait till your 45 or 50. Then you get the joy of pulling up stakes, dealing with multi country taxation issues, the fuckery of dealing with your RRSP, TFSA [or other equivalents, and having deemed to have sold everything the day you left like Canada does. Best of all is losing over 6 figures because you can't sell the shit you left back home because you are no longer resident as one English teacher in Thailand I know went through. But this time unless you are on an expat package or managed to have very rare skill sets you get to enjoy a serious hit to income.


This ridiculous strawman argument keeps popping up for some reason.

I don't know ANYONE who is making six figures back home.

But let's go back to living in Asia and working, I know a subeditor for the biggest English language newspaper in Asia who earns a quarter of what he would in London - and he is happy, he is married, he is fit and healthy, he takes part in a local boxing league. Money isn't everything - and if you get to 50 and aren't making six figures - then what? You have just wasted years on an opportunity for something that never materialised.

I don't know anyone making six figures back home, you probably don't and I'll bet silver coins to shite you aint. :D

Then you get the language issues which can be daunting to impossible [Chinese looking at you baby], the culture. Being able to eat the air [again Chinese] which is good because you can't trust the food, dealing with hyper corruption [SEA], being thrown off a balcony so your wife can take your property [thailand], the swamp a** heat, the social retardation [Japan] etc and for us whites, being a nigger.


You have to learn the language.

Simple as that.

'Oh no it's too hard - it's impossible - WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH'

Stay at home where the girls can burn you alive in a language you understand. :lol:

This is what I am on about, not everyone is cut out for a move abroad. Some people won't learn a language, some people marry bar whores - listen fella - if that is you - and it sounds like it might be - I suggest making Canada and that freezing ass winter they have over there permanent.

Chinese and Japanese and Thai are hard to learn, but no, they are not IMPOSSIBLE to learn, I am learning Chinese at the moment and it is massively interesting to learn, I don't care how long it takes because I enjoy it.

For every Yohan who makes it there are many many others who run away, and Japan is the most liveable of the countries there.


And there are MANY MANY MANY more who don't ever have the balls to try.

As for myself, I really hope my current situation works out because who needs the bullshit. If it doesn't I'd consider wifehunting overseas but I am not too thrilled with living overseas. The only reason I'd consider it is because I am such a complete loser back home.


I suggest you don't do either - no decent girl is going to marry you based on two week sojourns - that you probably can't afford because you don't have the money to go over and see her 4 or so times a year, you can find a Chinese woman if you live here and are on the ground - but it sounds like you would run after a month or two anyway - so - yeah, you stay right there where you are in Canada, moaning about how all the women ignore you and that you'll be 'forever alone' and the likes of us here, who are making a success of living abroad - will continue making a success of it whilst you moan about western women - and my view on that is that some western women are quite right to give some of you fellas a wide wide berth.


I however will not put down someone who doesn't want to uproot and split. Most people have some friends and connections, that would be enough to keep me from even thinking about leaving.


I think I have said this in another post.

The vast majority of people marry local women and love their lives where they are - the place they were born, and that's great and I am happy for them.

But if you are unhappy, single, a shit life in Canada and you want to move abroad but find that everything is going to go to shit before ever even trying it to see where you fit in the scheme of it, then you are a bigger bigger loser (and it isn't a word I like to use) than anyone abroad having a go.

If you remain 'forever alone' no-one will give a f**k - the women of the world and nor will I. :D
yick
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 440
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:11 am

Re: Video: Why EVERY white guy in Asia is a loser..

Postby chanta76 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:56 am

Moving abroad is a huge risk for anyone. If you don't succeed it pretty much means there is no where else to go . Saying that I think it depends ALLOT on the person. For whatever reason a good percentage of expats I met are weird . Hard to say but when it comes to life skills some of them lack it and it's not uncommon to meet expats who lived in Asia for years but still can't speak the local language. But still they survive there so they have some ability to survive.

I used to thought that the ESL industry is limited. That's part of the reason why I didn't move abroad because I have people to take care of but now I think about it. It's possible to make a career out of as an ESL industry. There is always tutoring on the side to add more income. At the same time if you learn the local language and have other skills there are other type of work that can be done.
Teaching is skill of it's own. And not everyone has that skill. And not everyone actually wants to be teacher.

It's pro and con really. Some countries may have friendlier people but poor infrastructure and system where as other country has all the advancement you want but your socially isolated.
chanta76
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1486
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:56 pm

Re: Video: Why EVERY white guy in Asia is a loser..

Postby yick » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:18 am

I don't get that 'There's nowhere else to go' if it doesn't work out? I can go back to the UK whenever I want. If you have citizenship of your own country then you can go back whenever you want and they can't stop you from entering, even if you are criminal or a rapist. But you are right - it depends 'on the person' some people aren't cut out for it, have really unrealistic demands of the place and they think they are going to be treated like a 'God' despite the fact that have no visible God-like qualities.

Going abroad is about 'know thyself' and understand it isn't an easy solution to getting laid or being happy, it is hard and the adjustment can take it out of a lot of people. It is a big step and there are a fair few people who should forget about it as an idea.

As for weird foreigners in Asia, there are lots of weird Asian foreigners living in the west, that fella who shot everyone up in West Virginia Tech - he was Korean and he did that because he had no friends - has any westerner in Asia done that yet?

Anyone can get the worst of a group and paint a broad brush as a representative but I don't do that. I understand there are weirdoes in every group, yeah, there are weirdoes in Asia who have fled the west but most people are pretty normal and trying to get by with what they have got.

As for ESL - if you sit on a BA in political science and think that's enough, you'll be left behind. You need to upgrade your qualifications - get a masters degree, learn the local language where you are living and opportunities pop right up - it is like everywhere else, did your South Korean parents find starting out in America easy? No, because when you land anywhere as a foreigner - it's hard! Same-same! :D
yick
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 440
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:11 am

Re: Video: Why EVERY white guy in Asia is a loser..

Postby Yohan » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:35 am

yick wrote:..... I am quite aware that plenty go abroad and don't find happiness - there are some very stupid people who go abroad and end up getting fleeced or thrown from the top of a building because they were daft enough to marry a whore who left school at nine and they were daft enough to buy property in her name...

-----

You talk about Yohan but he is actually abroad and has been for a long time, you are still in Canada, you have no idea what you are talking about.

-----

You have to learn the language.
Simple as that.
'Oh no it's too hard - it's impossible - WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH'
Stay at home where the girls can burn you alive in a language you understand. :lol:

.....

Chinese and Japanese and Thai are hard to learn, but no, they are not IMPOSSIBLE to learn, I am learning Chinese at the moment and it is massively interesting to learn, I don't care how long it takes because I enjoy it.



Thanks a lot for your reply to another member of this forum, you really know a lot about life here in Asia.

I am living almost 40 years away from Europe, and of course I have to work, however it is not true that every foreigner is ending up as a low-paid English teacher in a suburb of an Asian city. I was never a language teacher and English is not even my native language.

Here in Japan 'English teacher' is maybe a good start, as such schools can provide visa, national health insurance and accomodation, but most English teachers are gone within one year, either they find a better job or they leave. Better jobs? Yes, there are, but only if you can offer some qualification.
There are plenty of jobs in international hotels, trading companies, foreign government related offices, technical jobs, exhibition/fairs, etc. in Japan.

About language, here in Japan about 96 percent of the population are native Japanese speakers, and about 2 percent are people who are foreigners but often born in Japan - Koreans, Chinese, some are third generation of former Japanese - but now Brazilians by nationality, many mixed people half Europe/half Japanese etc. for all of them Japanese is the second daily language. The question is 'who cannot speak Japanese in Japan?'
Tourists, diplomats, some executive director of a foreign company, US-military staff etc... but otherwise the language in Japan is Japanese.
As with any foreign language it's about daily exercise. You need it, you will accustom to it after a while and use words of the local language more and more frequently.

About Asian wife and such talk, it makes sense if you want to live in Asia - it makes not much sense to bring her back to US or Europe. Too often such a relationship is ending in divorce. Just my opinion.
User avatar
Yohan
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2215
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:05 am
Location: Tokyo, JAPAN

Re: Video: Why EVERY white guy in Asia is a loser..

Postby Yohan » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:09 am

cdnFA wrote:Oh yeah right, I am sure Yohan will derp in about how it isn't like that because he doesn't see it because everyone else who comments on Japanese or South Korean work culture is completely wrong.

-----

For every Yohan who makes it there are many many others who run away, and Japan is the most liveable of the countries there.

-----

As for myself, I really hope my current situation works out because who needs the bullshit. If it doesn't I'd consider wifehunting overseas but I am not too thrilled with living overseas. The only reason I'd consider it is because I am such a complete loser back home.


I can comment about Japan, Thailand and Philippines, and a little about Malaysia and Cambodia, but not so much about China, Taiwan and South Korea.

I am living in Japan and my second home is in Thailand, so I can share my experiences with somebody, who is asking me and listening to me about these countries.

What this person is then doing, is up to him not up to me, and why should I care?

Just let me say, to consider wifehunting overseas, but not interested into the life-style, language etc. of a foreign country is no good idea.
Do you really think girls are lining up at the airport waiting for you?

The problem with some Western foreigners is more that they arrive, don't want to go home and are complaining about 'discrimination' 'low paid job' etc. They are unwilling to learn the local language, are unwilling to look out for a better job etc. I often do not understand what such people expect in their life....

'Cheap' Thailand is well-known about 'rich' foreigners running out of money and there are some of them who drink the last bottle of whisky and open the window in a high-rise condominum...
User avatar
Yohan
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2215
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:05 am
Location: Tokyo, JAPAN

Re: Video: Why EVERY white guy in Asia is a loser..

Postby yick » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:19 am

Just let me say, to consider wifehunting overseas, but not interested into the life-style, language etc. of a foreign country is no good idea.
Do you really think girls are lining up at the airport waiting for you?


:lol:


A lot of them do actually think that, Yohan. A fair few think they are going to be treated like 'Gods'.

I have never been treated like a God one day in my life living in Asia - I still enjoy my life.

The likes of CdnFA have no 'bottle' to make the move anyway.

His attitude is right above us, language learning is too hard, he can't do anything that Asian countries actually require - even if he is a doctor, an engineer or a scientist - every Asian country has loads of them. He is too 'good' to teach English - though he knows nothing about that particular career because he has never done it.

He wrote a post once whining that FA in his username means 'forever alone' :roll:

Listen CdnFA - no one cares that you are forever alone, if you died tomorrow or in sixty years from now and you never held another woman in a loving embrace - no one cares.

Issac Newton, Immanuel Kant, The Wright Brothers - they all died without getting married or having children or even having sex - now they are great losses to mankind - you aint.

But don't be calling anyone a loser because they are out there looking and you haven't got THE BALLS to go out and find your share. 8)
yick
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 440
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:11 am

Re: Video: Why EVERY white guy in Asia is a loser..

Postby Yohan » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:03 pm

yick wrote:Issac Newton, Immanuel Kant, The Wright Brothers - they all died without getting married or having children or even having sex -


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Frideric_Handel

Also my favorite baroque composer never married, no children - as an old man he enjoyed a remarkably high living standard.
He had a collection of expensive painting and was living in a large house with servants.

He was something like an early MGTOW, born in Germany, moving over to Italy and finally received British citizenship.

When he died he was given a state funeral in the presence of 3000 visitors and his assets were distributed to some relatives, his servants and charities.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_of_George_Frideric_Handel
User avatar
Yohan
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2215
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:05 am
Location: Tokyo, JAPAN

Re: Video: Why EVERY white guy in Asia is a loser..

Postby Yohan » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:30 pm

yick wrote:
Just let me say, to consider wifehunting overseas, but not interested into the life-style, language etc. of a foreign country is no good idea.
Do you really think girls are lining up at the airport waiting for you?


:lol:
A lot of them do actually think that, Yohan. A fair few think they are going to be treated like 'Gods'.

I have never been treated like a God one day in my life living in Asia - I still enjoy my life.


It is a difference between fantasy and reality.

I was never treated like a God either, but anyway I have to say, for me better in Asia than in Europe.
I do not regret my relocation finally to Japan. However openly said, my first years overseas were not so easy.

I know also stories about various men who tried and failed.

I remember a guy, who sold all and everything he had in Germany and he arrived with 'not so little money' in Thailand. He was around 45, I guess.

I told him to earn money in Thailand is difficult and also visa situation is problematic, this money can hardly be enough for life-time, except if living on a minimum standard - alone... but as we all know money is very difficult to control.

After only about half a year he was bankrupt, could barely pay for his ticket to fly back to Europe - future is taxi-driver, living in a basement - that's what he told me, at least he was not suicidal.

I also met another friendly guy in Thailand, he had nothing anymore but a ticket for an airplane to go back to UK, even no money to pay for the bus to the airport. He sent me later a post-card - 'Thank you to help me with the bus fare and buying me a meal at Bangkok Airport'. I still have this postcard.

I also remember a nice guy from USA, Latino, rich, no money problem, he became an alcoholic in Thailand, finally 30 to 35 cans of beer and 2 bottles of whisky daily. 'Yellow fever' did not work anymore for him, but he got suddenly yellow eyes - already gone...

I can only advice these men, what better NOT to do, but they will not listen.

Just a warning: Do not expect that any authority in Asia will help you - you will not get any jobless money, no free medical care, housing in overpopulated cities will be often very expensive, do not think companies in Asia will offer you a good job if you cannot speak the local language and show up with some qualification, expect visa troubles if you are still young and are not receiving a retirement allowance from abroad... and so on and so on.

The advantages living in Asia as a Western foreigners are not starting immediately after arriving at the airport. - Expect some years to stabilize your situation - but only if you are willing to work hard...

Girls at the airport will welcome you? Not even in Bangladesh... believe me... :lol:
User avatar
Yohan
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2215
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:05 am
Location: Tokyo, JAPAN

Re: Video: Why EVERY white guy in Asia is a loser..

Postby Yohan » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:01 pm

chanta76 wrote:Moving abroad is a huge risk for anyone. If you don't succeed it pretty much means there is no where else to go . Saying that I think it depends ALLOT on the person. For whatever reason a good percentage of expats I met are weird .



This is not true. I think you met the wrong expats in wrong countries.

To avoid to find yourself in troubles while abroad, you have to be careful before your departure - it's about planning, organization...

Keep a banking account in your native country - in Europe or USA etc. and bring your cash-card with you. Never bring all your money with you.
A good part of your savings must stay as deposit where you come from.

Of course you can go back to your native country or even consider to move on to another country if something is going wrong.

I am away from Europe since about 40 years and still - IF I want to go back I can go back anytime. I am not a Japanese citizen, I am a Japanese permanent resident holding EU-citizenship.

My passport is valid, I can withdraw money from Europe for a ticket anytime. After arrival I will have enough money in my bank to rent a room, in future it will be even easier because of my retirement allowance. - Of course as a young man after arrival back home you have to look for a job, you should be better off than all these immigrants - you are legal and speak the local language.

So what is your problem? I fail to see any problem.
User avatar
Yohan
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2215
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:05 am
Location: Tokyo, JAPAN

Re: Video: Why EVERY white guy in Asia is a loser..

Postby WorldTraveler » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:21 am

cdnFA wrote:
As for myself, I really hope my current situation works out because who needs the bullshit. If it doesn't I'd consider wifehunting overseas but I am not too thrilled with living overseas. The only reason I'd consider it is because I am such a complete loser back home.



Honestly the best experience is living overseas. I don't think just bringing a girl back to the West would not be as good. I prefer living overseas. I've lived most of my life in the West, so I enjoy the experience of living in other countries.

"I am such a complete loser back home."
I've traveled and dated in several different countries. There are many losers that go overseas to look for love independently and on Romance Tours. They believe the women are desperate to marry ANY man that shows up. A guy who is a loser in the West is still a loser when he travels abroad to meet women. He will do better than back home, but as another poster said no girl is going to be waiting for you when you get off the plane. You are going to have to work to find a quality woman.

My "friends" constantly try to talk me out of going overseas, because they don't have the balls to do it themselves. So I never tell them when I travel anymore. You don't lose anything by going overseas. You can always go back to your home country. It will always be there waiting on you and little will have changed. :D
WorldTraveler
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 659
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:46 pm

Re: Video: Why EVERY white guy in Asia is a loser..

Postby cdnFA » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:29 pm

yick wrote:
Plenty go over and don't find happiness.
But hey lets take the bait.


There isn't any bait to take. I am quite aware that plenty go abroad and don't find happiness - there are some very stupid people who go abroad and end up getting fleeced or thrown from the top of a building because they were daft enough to marry a whore who left school at nine and they were daft enough to buy property in her name.

I am talking about sensible people... but I have this feeling of I am going to read a litany of excuses on why you won't move your arse, so let's go.

Sure get out of university go overseas and find yourself trapped in the English Teaching Ghetto because you have no actual skills that can't be found in abundance locally. Wonderful being 50 and making basically what you did when you were 25, or even better learning the language and either making 3rd world wages in some shit hole or have the joy of dealing with the gaijin glass cieiling even if you decide to spend your life at work. Oh yeah right, I am sure Yohan will derp in about how it isn't like that because he doesn't see it because everyone else who comments on Japanese or South Korean work culture is completely wrong.


English teaching is a skill - you have probably never ever done it and that's why you don't know, there are plenty of people who would enter a classroom and see a 100 Chinese faces staring back of them and run out in tears.

It's probably a lot harder than being a recruitment consultant or an advertising executive.

And places like China need well qualified English teachers - they have enough doctors, engineers, brain surgeons and market analysts of their own.

You talk about Yohan but he is actually abroad and has been for a long time, you are still in Canada, you have no idea what you are talking about. Anyone can be a critic sat on their arse, on the the dole back home - but like I said, it takes some testicular fortitude to make the move - most people don't really have that, they would rather stay at home and complain about their shitty life - as far as I am concerned, they/you can keep doing so.

Perhaps wait till your 45 or 50. Then you get the joy of pulling up stakes, dealing with multi country taxation issues, the fuckery of dealing with your RRSP, TFSA [or other equivalents, and having deemed to have sold everything the day you left like Canada does. Best of all is losing over 6 figures because you can't sell the shit you left back home because you are no longer resident as one English teacher in Thailand I know went through. But this time unless you are on an expat package or managed to have very rare skill sets you get to enjoy a serious hit to income.


This ridiculous strawman argument keeps popping up for some reason.

I don't know ANYONE who is making six figures back home.

But let's go back to living in Asia and working, I know a subeditor for the biggest English language newspaper in Asia who earns a quarter of what he would in London - and he is happy, he is married, he is fit and healthy, he takes part in a local boxing league. Money isn't everything - and if you get to 50 and aren't making six figures - then what? You have just wasted years on an opportunity for something that never materialised.

I don't know anyone making six figures back home, you probably don't and I'll bet silver coins to shite you aint. :D

Then you get the language issues which can be daunting to impossible [Chinese looking at you baby], the culture. Being able to eat the air [again Chinese] which is good because you can't trust the food, dealing with hyper corruption [SEA], being thrown off a balcony so your wife can take your property [thailand], the swamp a** heat, the social retardation [Japan] etc and for us whites, being a nigger.


You have to learn the language.

Simple as that.

'Oh no it's too hard - it's impossible - WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH'

Stay at home where the girls can burn you alive in a language you understand. :lol:

This is what I am on about, not everyone is cut out for a move abroad. Some people won't learn a language, some people marry bar whores - listen fella - if that is you - and it sounds like it might be - I suggest making Canada and that freezing a** winter they have over there permanent.

Chinese and Japanese and Thai are hard to learn, but no, they are not IMPOSSIBLE to learn, I am learning Chinese at the moment and it is massively interesting to learn, I don't care how long it takes because I enjoy it.

For every Yohan who makes it there are many many others who run away, and Japan is the most liveable of the countries there.


And there are MANY MANY MANY more who don't ever have the balls to try.

As for myself, I really hope my current situation works out because who needs the bullshit. If it doesn't I'd consider wifehunting overseas but I am not too thrilled with living overseas. The only reason I'd consider it is because I am such a complete loser back home.


I suggest you don't do either - no decent girl is going to marry you based on two week sojourns - that you probably can't afford because you don't have the money to go over and see her 4 or so times a year, you can find a Chinese woman if you live here and are on the ground - but it sounds like you would run after a month or two anyway - so - yeah, you stay right there where you are in Canada, moaning about how all the women ignore you and that you'll be 'forever alone' and the likes of us here, who are making a success of living abroad - will continue making a success of it whilst you moan about western women - and my view on that is that some western women are quite right to give some of you fellas a wide wide berth.


I however will not put down someone who doesn't want to uproot and split. Most people have some friends and connections, that would be enough to keep me from even thinking about leaving.


I think I have said this in another post.

The vast majority of people marry local women and love their lives where they are - the place they were born, and that's great and I am happy for them.

But if you are unhappy, single, a shit life in Canada and you want to move abroad but find that everything is going to go to shit before ever even trying it to see where you fit in the scheme of it, then you are a bigger bigger loser (and it isn't a word I like to use) than anyone abroad having a go.

If you remain 'forever alone' no-one will give a f**k - the women of the world and nor will I. :D


Sure brah only the stupid people end up being unhappy. uh huh.
I suppose one could make the same claim about people who are unhappy in the US following the same unlogic.

There are skills involved in teaching English but many employers don't give a shit as long as you are white and show up on time and mostly sober, especially in China.
Also it is repeated continuously that teaching English means jack and shit back home aside from the generic "I am international" and that levels out after about a year.
However all those people who have taught English and have come back don't know what they are talking about I guess. Is there a skill, sure, but nobody gives a shit once you get back home and too many employers don't give a shit over there which would explain why the pay doesn't increase that much and you can get a job without even a 100 ESL training program.
I've run Trivia games in front of about 100 people, been in front of a few hundred proctoring exams [different I know], being in front of a 100 anything does scare me BTW.

Also again with this bullshit about how you can't know anything without being there. According to Yohan EVERYONE gets divorced, never mind that he admits the national stats are 68% for urbanites in his country [which may or may not be true considering it's HA]. People say the same thing about the US.
Personal experience means jack and shit. I gather experiences from many people and the comments of people of those statements.
But hey lets play your game. Almost nobody gets divorced in Canada because that is what I see and don't tell me any stats about 40% because I don't know these people and therefore it can not be true. That is how you "You are not there so you don't know" people sound like.

Example
":This ridiculous strawman argument keeps popping up for some reason.

I don't know ANYONE who is making six figures back home.:"

So nobody makes 6 figures because you don't know anyone making 6 figures. Right. Sure brah.

Second of all, I noticed you used the term strawman arguement. I am pretty sure it doesn't mean what you think it means.

Third. I clearly said he lost 6 figures because he couldn't sell his shit and not his income. The markets were quite volatile when he was overseas.

But since you want to strawman me. Yes I do know someone who makes 6 figures as well as some I suspect make 6 figures, at least their McMansion suggests so. I have a cousin who makes 6 figures overseas in the Oil industry, there are doctors on my father's side of the family. Hell I know a girl who an unrelated collage degree who passes a pretty simple exam and is going to make 55K starting, it will go to 75 in the second year plus bonuses. Wouldn't be surprised if she is cracking 6 figures within 5 years of starting in the field.
So where should I send my shit, or will you be picking it up?

But you don't know any of these people so they don't exist. Sure Yohan I mean Yick, whatever you say.

As for the language thing, they are brutal hard, at least those are. I've put in some efforts, almost finished RTK before I decided to switch to Chinese so save the attitude.
The point is they are very difficult languages, about 3.5 to 4K hours to reach the HSK6 ot JLPT N1 level. Many times on the language forums people say those levels are not exactly fluent. They are not considered C2 level. 4000 hours. According to that US gov foreign language training institute Korea, Japanese and Chinese take about 2200 of class time [mulitply by 1.7] to get to a high functioning level almost 4K hours. The Rule of 7 guy has lived for ages in Japan with study and still refers to his level as that of [from memory] a 5 year old or a retarded 7 year old, I am sure he exaggerates but still.


This article mostly applies to any of those eastern languages.
http://japaneseruleof7.com/why-you-shouldnt-learn-japanese/

The idea that you are better off not learning the language in Japan both to keep your ignorance of what is really going on and to retain your performing circus monkey status seems to come up quite a bit.

Also my father was talking to an Argentine guy in Japan who spent several years in China. He said he could not learn Chinese in that time but in a similar amount of time was able to pick up [some?] Japanese. Another fellow who went to Taiwan with lots of linguistic studlyness and couldn't pick up Chinese at all. Japanese and Korean you can just pound hard at 'er but Chinese seems to be a different animal, some pick it up, some don't try and some can't seem to figure it out.

Also when will you have to time to learn the language to anything beyond the basic level, there are people who have gone overseas to teach English only to find their local language skills erode. 40 hours a week, plus decompression, plus transit, sleeping, eating, shiting etc. You could learn it before you get there, but you better pick the right country and either way, huge opportunity cost. I am currently going out with a Chinese girl and although she has been here for 20 years her English doesn't really allow for smooth conversation and it kinda sucks. I could see it sucking being on the other side of the equation.

Also I find your reaction, you don't really get what I am saying. You are going off putting down people who won't go overseas. I am just pointing out that it isn't as simple as all that.

Speaking of Strawman
"I suggest you don't do either - no decent girl is going to marry you based on two week sojourns"
I never said anything like that. I was thinking along the lines of going some place for a few years then coming home or trying the arranged marriage market in India.


"But if you are unhappy, single, a shit life in Canada and you want to move abroad but find that everything is going to go to shit before ever even trying it to see where you fit in the scheme of it, then you are a bigger bigger loser (and it isn't a word I like to use) than anyone abroad having a go."

Again a complete misreading of what I posted. Going abroad is on my radar but I am aware of the difficulties. Why the hell are you slamming me for having done my research for f***s sakes. Is it really better to go overseas blissfully unaware... you know like those stupid people you refer to at the top of the post.
If my situation warrants it, I am willing to take the jump once I get some shit settled. However I am not some sort of pollyanna who thinks it will be easy to do. It is hard as balls and the risk of failure is high. Those are the realities.

This is our conversation as I see it, modified for humour.

Anyone whose life sucks and doesn't go overseas is a Candy Ass Queer Fag.

But going overseas presents many difficulties and most people fail so it isn't a cure all. It's an option but one I hope I don't have to take.

You are a Candy Ass Queer Fag, heat, pollution, years learning a hard as balls language or being unable to function like a native, tax issues, employment issues are nothing, just do it, do it.
cdnFA
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 582
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:51 am

Re: Video: Why EVERY white guy in Asia is a loser..

Postby cdnFA » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:46 pm

Yohan wrote:
Just let me say, to consider wifehunting overseas, but not interested into the life-style, language etc. of a foreign country is no good idea.
Do you really think girls are lining up at the airport waiting for you?


I'd consider learning the language to a pretty high level a prerequisite to going overseas and wife hunting for one thing.

Which of course brings up a problem of which language[s]. I'd pretty much have to decide before going and if I get it wrong there is a huge time cost.

It's funny actually, there is a corner store place that is staffed by mostly Pakistani girls less than half my age. They all go sex nuts and retard strong when they find out I am into Bollywood and K-Dramas. Hmmm shared interests.


As for the women lining up at the airport. I don't believe that.
When I first started looking into this whole thing, a lot of that Charisma man stuff came up, which got my attention and was quite frankly a bit depressing. It wasn't till much more research that I found out that it was blown out all out of proportion.
One hears the same thing about China although it is harder to find dissenting opinions.
Although not literally said, one gets a wiff of that attitude on HA though, to go overseas is to be in a land of plenty where one can't fail.
Had a guy who worked in Thailand for 5 years just pound on me constantly about how it was perfect and really in effect they would be lined up at the airport. However he had a lot more going for me than I do and I am sure there is an element of luck to it. Whenever I'd point out that there was other experiences that were not so good he pulled the "you were never there you don't know" which is why that attitude gets my knickers in a knot.
cdnFA
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 582
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:51 am

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: nicho12 and 6 guests