Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

I'm probably going to be a millionaire within a year

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Re: I'm probably going to be a millionaire within a year

Postby starchild5 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:47 am

Tsar wrote:
zboy1 wrote:Marcos, thank you for your contributions to the forum. I hope you change your mind as I did, when I stated I wouldn't post anymore a couple of years ago. ...

Hey man, thanks for your kind comments. I don't know why Winston has become so anti-Philippines lately. Whatever. Anyway, my current girlfriend is a Filipina, so I have a soft spot for the country and the people. I will probably end up retiring in the Philippines in the future.

As for your business, it's great that you're going to get involved in the shipping business. I also recently started my own company with a group of friends, too, so I know how exciting starting a business can be.

Since I'm in China, do you know a point of contact here? I would be interested in getting involved in the shipping and transportation business, myself, and would be interesting in working with you, if possible.

Good luck to your future endeavors, Marcos.

What exactly is the shipping and transportation business? Is Marcos going to be distributing a product or something, or will it be more of an import/export type business?

What's the typical initial start-up cost in dollars?

Don't bother Tsar..He is typical mainstream guy...They only know to do it this way...

Why do wannaba millionaires leave the community as soon as they see a bright spot on the horizon...Its typical cliched rich guy move that we all hate...

In order for society to progress, a successful guy should mentor few people outside his family/relationships, take them under his wings...so the chain of success continues. Mentorship is very very important in this day and age...Its natural that we all have questions as how he did it...but as usual...He left and kept us all hanging...

Otherwise, he should not have brought this millionaire thingy
starchild5
Experienced Poster

Postby Ghost » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:12 am

Go to Vietnam and you can be a millionaire right away. Go to Zimbabwe and you can do even better than that. :lol:
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby droid » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:23 am

Ghost wrote:Go to Vietnam and you can be a millionaire right away. Go to Zimbabwe and you can do even better than that. :lol:

Yeah I'm a multi-millionaire every time I go to the ATM :lol: :lol:
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
droid
Veteran Poster

Postby El_Caudillo » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:27 am

Sad that I won't be able to read your posts here anymore Marcos. Like you I believe in free-speech, but the racism here gets me down a bit. We need less of it. In Taiwan I see that people look down on South-East Asians and then to see that repeated here is a bummer. Certainly some cultures are better at certain than things than others, but to put it down to genetics rather than historical context, I can't really agree with. I also wonder whether its healthy for members to egg each other on in their misogyny, it's part of us that perhaps we need to work on to reduce rather than exacerbate. Looking to go abroad, find a job, a girlfriend, have a few adventures is not an evil aim, we aren't all losers - but careful how you go about the whole thing. It isn't evil to want to go out, get drunk and have a good time either...but one vodka shot too many and it could all end in tears.
El_Caudillo
Freshman Poster

Postby droid » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:41 am

zboy1 wrote:Marcos, thank you for your contributions to the forum. I hope you change your mind as I did, when I stated I wouldn't post anymore a couple of years ago. ...
Hey man, thanks for your kind comments. I don't know why Winston has become so anti-Philippines lately. Whatever. Anyway, my current girlfriend is a Filipina, so I have a soft spot for the country and the people. I will probably end up retiring in the Philippines in the future.

Don't worry about it he'll come back, as did you, duende, tsar, s_parc...

zboy1 wrote:As for your business, it's great that you're going to get involved in the shipping business. I also recently started my own company with a group of friends, too, so I know how exciting starting a business can be.

Since I'm in China, do you know a point of contact here? I would be interested in getting involved in the shipping and transportation business, myself, and would be interesting in working with you, if possible.

Hey zboy/Marcos, there is still a big opportunity in Vietnam. Shipping internationally to/from here still SUCKS. It cost's twice as much.
I order parts from Guangzhou/Hong-kong/Shanghai and they can take a full month to arrive. And two-week shipping can be $25-50. Crazy.

The thing is that the infrastructure is still not in place, the big highways are still being built and the train line is still a bit slow. But there is an opportunity for someone with the vision.
They showed one lady on TV the other day that's pretty much rich with a shipping fleet, she's been working at it for 20 years though.
droid
Veteran Poster

Postby Winston » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:34 pm

Don't worry guys. He'll be back. Most of these guys who post dear john letters to us eventually return, once they see that they cannot be so open and honest on other forums. Then they will miss us and realize the value of HA and free speech and non-PC, and return. We've seen it happen many times.

Besides, lots of guys have pie in the sky dreams. But 99 percent of the time, it doesn't pan out the way they expect. Lots of businesses only work in theory, but not in reality. It's not that easy. But I hope he's able to make some money though, so he doesn't have to keep going back to Holland and working.

Even if you became a millionaire in the Philippines, Marcos, the government and mafia will be on your tail, because they will want their cut too, and will try to take the majority of your profits. You watch and see. The Philippines is very hard to do business in. No western expat recommends it. Only Chinese rich businessmen manage to do business successfully there (sorry for mentioning that again lol). Not Americans or Europeans. Go to any living in the Philippines forum and ask and you will see.

Good luck though. I can understand taking time off from here to do your business. After all, in order to succeed in your own business or company, you've got to live and breathe that business, at least during the first few years. It has to become your obsession. That's the only way you can really succeed and make it against all the competition out there.

Yick, what do I have to apologize for? I never insulted Marcos. I merely stated objective observations that are as obvious as 2+2=4. I may have teased him sometimes. But I didn't attack him unless he attacked me first. And none of my comments about race and high class/low class were meant to insult him. I kept telling him to stop taking everything personally. He wouldn't listen. He kept taking everything personally, even though none of it was personal. It was fun to poke fun at him though, because he's like a steaming boiler when you talk about race. On race, he's so politically correct.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Winston » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:43 pm

El_Caudillo wrote:Sad that I won't be able to read your posts here anymore Marcos. Like you I believe in free-speech, but the racism here gets me down a bit. We need less of it. In Taiwan I see that people look down on South-East Asians and then to see that repeated here is a bummer. Certainly some cultures are better at certain than things than others, but to put it down to genetics rather than historical context, I can't really agree with. I also wonder whether its healthy for members to egg each other on in their misogyny, it's part of us that perhaps we need to work on to reduce rather than exacerbate. Looking to go abroad, find a job, a girlfriend, have a few adventures is not an evil aim, we aren't all losers - but careful how you go about the whole thing. It isn't evil to want to go out, get drunk and have a good time either...but one vodka shot too many and it could all end in tears.

It's true there's too much hate and misogyny here. But when it comes to racial differences, both genetics and historical context are factors. We carry traits from our ancestors. Races are not all the same everywhere. There is an IQ correlation that transcends environment. I posted some scientific papers here before about that.

Is it your position that other than color, black and white people are exactly the same? Why or why not?

I'll bet that if you take 1000 Chinese or European people, and 1000 Filipinos, and put them all on a battlefield with equal weapons (swords or muskets) and cannons, on a level playing field and have them do battle, the Chinese or European side will easily win the battle, because by nature, they are BETTER ORGANIZED and efficient. Wouldn't you agree?

How many great inventors are from Philippines or Africa? How many nobel prize winners? How many great conquerors or military tacticians and generals come from those areas? Ask me the same questions for Europeans, and I can name many names.

History is history and is obvious. What is there to disagree or debate about exactly?

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Winston » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:57 pm

As for your business, it's great that you're going to get involved in the shipping business. I also recently started my own company with a group of friends, too, so I know how exciting starting a business can be.

Good luck to your future endeavors, Marcos.

I'm not anti-Philippines. I am anti-Taiwan though. I love Philippines and have fun there. It brings out my confidence and strength and brings out the best in me. But just because I enjoy the Philippines, doesn't mean that I'm going to LIE and say stuff like:

- Filipino culture is very high class and high quality.
- Filipinos are very honest and never lie, cheat or steal. They have honor and shame. To them, virtue and morality trump money.
- Filipino cuisine is world renowned and famous all over the world as popular great food. Filipino restaurants are everywhere in every major city and always packed with foreigners. Filipino food is just as popular as Chinese and Italian and Thai. lol. In NYC, Filipino fast food chains and restaurants have long lines outside. lol
- The Philippines has some of the world's best inventors and scientists and nobel prize winners.
- The Philippines is very efficient and has great smooth modern infrastructure. It has the world's first high speed bullet train too.
- Filipinos have a great record at winning battles and wars. They beat the Spanish and during WW2, they beat the Japanese army against all odds, due to their brilliant tactics. Filipinos could conquer all of Asia if they wanted to. They have many Napoleons and Alexander the Greats. lol
- The Philippines has thwarted many foreign invasions and has never been successfully invaded. For example, in 1588 the Filipino naval fleet beat the Spanish Armada, just like the British navy did, and sank many Spanish galleons in a stunning glorious victory. lol. And in WW2, the Japanese failed to invade and occupy the Philippines. lol

Come on. Why should I lie? Why not tell the truth? Telling the truth is not anti-Philippines. Truth is not anti anything. It simply is.

Btw, if Marcos is able to do business in the Philippines, then maybe you can learn from him and start one there yourself, so you can live there, since the girls are easier to get along with, as we discussed. I can understand taking time off from here to do your business. After all, in order to succeed in your own business or company, you've got to live and breathe that business, at least during the first few years. It has to become your obsession. That's the only way you can really succeed and make it against all the competition out there.

Winston
Site Admin

Postby Winston » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:20 pm

Also, even the Native American Indians were better at warfare and battles than Filipinos are. Did you guys know that? From the 1700's and the 7 Years War, all the way up to the 1870's with the defeat of General Custer at the Battle of Little Bighorn, the American Indians have won a fair share of battles against the US Cavalry, American militia and British troops. During the 7 Year War of the 1750's, aka The French-Indian War, armies of Indians won many battles against American militia troops and British Red Coat troops. In the 1800's, they've also won some battles out west and in the Southwestern states, all the way up to the Battle of Little Bighorn with the defeat of General Custer and hundreds of his men.

In contrast, Filipino insurgent forces fought the occupying US army for 3 years from 1899 to 1901, and NEVER won any battles at all. None.

So even American Indians are better organized in battle than Filipinos are. Look up the historical records.

Why do some of you hate basic truth and basic facts? Truth is not racist. It's just the truth. It just is.

Winston
Site Admin

Postby droid » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:45 am

The truth is nice Winston, but it's also about having some tact. One of your aunts may be old an wrinkly, but just because it's the truth you don't go calling her old and wrinkly.
Marcos took the generalizations personally, but perhaps what he failed to point at, i guess at least as a silver lining, is that due to individual variations, his wife is better than a good deal of Chinese. Probably qualifies at the level of an average Chinese.

It's like people here calling you out on your flaws, they are very toxic. Well you have thick skin but that's another story, it's more like a turtle's shell lol.
droid
Veteran Poster

Postby OutWest » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:16 am

droid wrote:The truth is nice Winston, but it's also about having some tact. One of your aunts may be old an wrinkly, but just because it's the truth you don't go calling her old and wrinkly.
Marcos took the generalizations personally, but perhaps what he failed to point at, i guess at least as a silver lining, is that due to individual variations, his wife is better than a good deal of Chinese. Probably qualifies at the level of an average Chinese.

It's like people here calling you out on your flaws, they are very toxic. Well you have thick skin but that's another story, it's more like a turtle's shell lol.

I doubt that Marcos's wife is a money grubbing shrew Like so many Chinese women are.

Yes, the Philippines is an underachieving third world country. Pointing out great achievements in the part of the Chinese can be useful in terms of history, but it does not make any individual Chinese person better by association.
The Japanese had contempt for the Chinese when they invaded China. The Japanese found that a Chinese force might outnumber the Japanese 3 or 4 to one, yet the Chinese army would run away.

This of course, does not make any individual Chinese better or worse. There is such a thing as grace or tact. A person who lacks that can hardly fall back on the Marvel's of history to compensate for poor social skills.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Postby gnosis » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:35 am

The whole point of a free speech forum is providing a space for people to speak freely. Winston is correct that this includes talking about the characteristics of different races.

Nothing in life is 100% good or 100% bad. Almost everything is a mix. Adults should be able to recognize this. Every group of people has their strengths and weaknesses. The Chinese, for example, are not very easy-going or friendly, but they are smart. No one seriously disputes this.

Also, I don't understand all the injured feelings over comments on an internet forum. It seems like some people are getting a little defensive. Why is it always the self-aggrandizing types who can't handle a little criticism?
gnosis
Freshman Poster

Postby droid » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:01 am

gnosis wrote:The whole point of a free speech forum is providing a space for people to speak freely. Winston is correct that this includes talking about the characteristics of different races.

Nothing in life is 100% good or 100% bad. Almost everything is a mix. Adults should be able to recognize this. Every group of people has their strengths and weaknesses. The Chinese, for example, are not very easy-going or friendly, but they are smart. No one seriously disputes this.

The one thing that can really be criticized is the lack of hygiene, it's atrocious, although that is changing fortunately. I don't know if Filipinos pick their nose or take a dump in public as well.

gnosis wrote:Also, I don't understand all the injured feelings over comments on an internet forum. It seems like some people are getting a little defensive. Why is it always the self-aggrandizing types who can't handle a little criticism?

:lol:
droid
Veteran Poster

Postby Bao3niang » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:23 pm

Winston how could you make such assumptions? You haven't found the right one. The fact that you can be so irresponsible as a father means you aren't cut out for marriage at all, at least not yet. People like zboy and I don't accept it when you are insulting girlfriends and wives and family of good men. Such arrogance is repulsive. Sigh...... I've never seen Chinese or Filipino people take a dump in public, the most I've seen is kids peeing. But hey, you cannot judge a place and its people based on superficial characteristics. The thing to being truly happier abroad is to take out your focus on more trivial aspects and focus on the soul.
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Postby MrMan » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:28 pm

I know I haven't been that active, but not goodbye to me in the OP?
MrMan
Experienced Poster

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions