Why would an unmarried man or happily married man hate MGTOW

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Conjo
Freshman Poster

Why would an unmarried man or happily married man hate MGTOW

Post by Conjo »

Is MGTOW preventing you from being happy? If it is not let them be in peace. Life is too short to worry about the life decisions of others. We have to let go and learn to let people make their own mistakes, their own decisions, their own choices.
Nomad
Freshman Poster

Re: Why would an unmarried man or happily married man hate M

Post by Nomad »

Conjo wrote:Is MGTOW preventing you from being happy? If it is not let them be in peace. Life is too short to worry about the life decisions of others. We have to let go and learn to let people make their own mistakes, their own decisions, their own choices.
I would say MGTOW has woken me up to the truth about things when everyone else was lieing to my face. I wish MGTOW would focus more on self-improvement than women, but evil women and their injustice towards men, is what birthed MGTOW.

Obviously it is a community of many people, all with different perspectives and looking for how to live a solo life free from toxic females, but unfortunately, this has only turned it into a target. Every ideology or movement has a bunch of haters, MGTOW is no different. Someone will always try to destroy someone else and their views.

But I am happy I found MGTOW, otherwise I would not be the man I am today and I am glad that finally, there is a group of men out there where men can vent and voice their opinions, and not be belittled by the women in the group.
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

Guys who join an MGTOW organization are like loners who join a support group for loners: laughable in both cases. You shouldn't need a support group to go your own way. I'm both loner and MGTOW myself and certainly don't belong to any support groups. Nor does MGTOW mean I can't have women as a small part of my life (not the focus, however) any more than loner means I can't talk to other people, whether in person or in internet forums like right now.

Nothing wrong with either of these words. Loner has long been in the standard dictionary and MGTOW is a widely used neologism/acronym. Words are useful shorthand so we don't have to spell things out in detail over and over.
Blue Murder
Junior Poster

Post by Blue Murder »

I used to hang around MGTOW. Never went as far as using the label, but I used to hover 'round the "manosphere". I had to leave. Too much racism, drama and a lack of self-improvement. You can only discuss women so much before it gets old, and it got old. Plus, it's akin to feminism, only for men. That alone is no-go territory for me. It didn't even teach me anything. I already knew most of that stuff, and what I didn't know was, more or less, nomenclature for certain phenomena.
Self-improvement addict. Always striving for perfection.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

retiredfrank wrote:Guys who join an MGTOW organization are like loners who join a support group for loners...
And? What is wrong if some people try to communicate among themselves? The only problem is obviously that these support groups are supportive to men and therefore not PC.

You might say the same about feminists, who join support groups, but nobody says a word about. Are feminists not also loners?
Nomad
Freshman Poster

Post by Nomad »

Yohan wrote:
retiredfrank wrote:Guys who join an MGTOW organization are like loners who join a support group for loners...
And? What is wrong if some people try to communicate among themselves? The only problem is obviously that these support groups are supportive to men and therefore not PC.

You might say the same about feminists, who join support groups, but nobody says a word about. Are feminists not also loners?
I have to agree with Yohan on this. What is wrong with these guys joining a support group? When did that become a sin? There is a bible quote that says when you make war, get a multitude of advise (a group).

Being with other members of a group is wiser, because you cannot know or think of everything. Infact, our entire society revolves around groups. I don't see the necessity to condemn people who join them.

And not all MGTOW'ers are 50 year old wise men who can support themselves. Some are young 20 year olds who need life advice.
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

Nomad wrote: And not all MGTOW'ers are 50 year old wise men who can support themselves. Some are young 20 year olds who need life advice.
They won't get it from an MGTOW or loners group, because the MGTOWs and loners with their heads together don't join support groups specifically for MGTOWs and loners: they go their own way alone. They might get some life advice as a side benefit from other forums, such as HA, that aren't focused on the MGTOW or loner issue. I sometimes throw out nuggets of wisdom (mixing in with my clowning, of course) here on HA and various other forums I frequent. Asking for life advice on an MGTOW or loners forum is guaranteed to get responses from the people least qualified to give such advice.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Conjo wrote:Is MGTOW preventing you from being happy? If it is not let them be in peace. Life is too short to worry about the life decisions of others. We have to let go and learn to let people make their own mistakes, their own decisions, their own choices.
I don't think I've crossed paths with a member of the MGTOW movement in real life. But I commented on a video on YouTube and some of them insult you and your wife if you disagree with them. So I could see why some of these MGTOW could be hated, not only for resorting quickly to insults against people when they can't come up with reasonable counterarguments, but also for insulting other men's wives, mothers, and daughters.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

Conjo wrote:Is MGTOW preventing you from being happy?
If you worked in certain sales/service areas (e.g. diamond jewelry, chocolate hearts, teddy bears, fur coats, dating books & boot camps :P , bathroom remodels, real estate, auto sales, wedding planning, family law :shock: ), you might view such men as active threats to your sales numbers & livelihood.

We won't even get started on the racial nationalists and religious nuts.... :roll:
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
HowNow
Freshman Poster

Post by HowNow »

Hate is a strong word. My issue with MGTOW is that it seldom leads to men actually going their own way. It's fine to read up but it shouldn't be their main resource.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

MGTOW is mostly a support group for the men who could not obtain a Western woman for even five minutes. If they had ever gotten a western woman, they would be manginas like the rest. Don't be fooled. It isn't divorce laws, cause you'll take notice that many of these men have never been divorced. It is about the inability to get women. The law is just an excuse for online hatemongering.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

Adama wrote:MGTOW is mostly a support group for the men who could not obtain a Western woman for even five minutes. If they had ever gotten a western woman, they would be manginas like the rest. Don't be fooled. It isn't divorce laws, cause you'll take notice that many of these men have never been divorced. It is about the inability to get women. The law is just an excuse for online hatemongering.
So a man with children, who talks to women and gets sex regularly, but doesn't want any more emotional relationships with them would not be welcome. Women are easy to get. Open your wallet and you will get, but not the type you want to find. In everyday life I chat to more women than men. Yet I prefer to spend time with the men.

What is the point of such a movement? with no kids whatever you do or think dies with you so it is doomed anyway.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Kradmelder wrote:
Adama wrote:MGTOW is mostly a support group for the men who could not obtain a Western woman for even five minutes. If they had ever gotten a western woman, they would be manginas like the rest. Don't be fooled. It isn't divorce laws, cause you'll take notice that many of these men have never been divorced. It is about the inability to get women. The law is just an excuse for online hatemongering.
So a man with children, who talks to women and gets sex regularly, but doesn't want any more emotional relationships with them would not be welcome. Women are easy to get. Open your wallet and you will get, but not the type you want to find. In everyday life I chat to more women than men. Yet I prefer to spend time with the men.

What is the point of such a movement? with no kids whatever you do or think dies with you so it is doomed anyway.

I think the point is just to spread the message far and wide to make sure that other men feel as miserable as they do. They want to infect all men with their madness. They say they are fighting for rights, but really it is just one hurt person who helps to reinforce the delusions of another hurt person. They have found company in their misery, and they love it. Somehow they've even tricked themselves into thinking they care about other men when they do not. They hate other men just as much as feminists do, because they are manginas who can't get laid and not the crusaders they claim to be.

That's why whenever you hear of a divorce, the MGTOW will say, "He got what he had coming to him", just like a feminist would say. Their rationale is that those men should know better. But their rationale doesn't matter when they end up at the same point as feminists do, and that is the hatred of men who have gotten married and who are otherwise successful with women.

If they had sympathy or empathy for other men, they would never say that. You only hear the hardcore lesbians bashing women for going with men. Yet the entire movement of MGTOW is the male equivalent of a bunch of lesbos. Even women don't hate other women as much as MGTOW hate successful men. Only the worst of women hate women as much as MGTOW hate men. That is, regular women don't hate other women who breed, only lesbian feminists do that. But MGTOW do despise men who are successful with women.

Any man who is a part of that cult needs to look in the mirror and smack himself in the face, then go dunk his face in some ice cold water. Wake up.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Commander Adama (I'm assuming your moniker references 'Battlestar Galactica', original or new), you really don't know reality.

I'm happily married. And yes, to a white, western (in fact, American) women (since she was born and raised in Rhode Island). As a result, countless women are coming out of the woodwork, to break up my marriage.

Does this behavior impress me? And make me feel that my 'George Clooney-hood' is some desirable trait?

No, it doesn't.

What it makes me feel, is a sense of sadness towards the regular guy out there, who hasn't really found a woman to love. But yet, these women would rather want to break up my relationship, instead of dating an unattached guy out there.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

S_Parc wrote:Commander Adama (I'm assuming your moniker references 'Battlestar Galactica', original or new), you really don't know reality.

I'm happily married. And yes, to a white, western (in fact, American) women (since she was born and raised in Rhode Island). As a result, countless women are coming out of the woodwork, to break up my marriage.

Does this behavior impress me? And make me feel that my 'George Clooney-hood' is some desirable trait?

No, it doesn't.

What it makes me feel, is a sense of sadness towards the regular guy out there, who hasn't really found a woman to love. But yet, these women would rather want to break up my relationship, instead of dating an unattached guy out there.
There is a phenomenon in which women are more attracted to men who have other women. It is interesting to me that men think this is some sort of curse. I won't even bother trying to explain why it is a blessing and not a curse. You can think what you want.