Americans are brainwashed with bias toward other countries

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Johnny
Freshman Poster

Americans are brainwashed with bias toward other countries

Post by Johnny »

Have you noticed the MAJORITY of Americans are too lazy to learn anything outside the borders of the USA, and even the states within they live in!!! I'm amazed at the ignorance of many Americans that I encounter when I go back home for a visit.

They're even too lazy to explore alternative news, one, because they're too glued to their American news media - and believe everything American news say - and two, they're tooooo scared to learn the truth about themselves!!!

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Re: Americans are brainwash bias towards other Countrys.

Post by MattHanson1990 »

The US news media has NOTHING positive to say about other countries, especially outside the first world. For instance, we all know its negative portrayal about Mexico. It portrays it as poverty-stricken, war torn, and where drug cartels are out to kidnap or take one's life any moment. And that is far beyond the truth. Mexico has a rich culture which can be seen in its centuries old colonial architecture. Much of the country is surprisingly safe, even more than the U.S. And in some parts (e.g. Condesa, San Angel, and Coyocan in Mexico City), it's more modern and upscale than most of America.

The U.S. news media is absolutely sick in the head. And then most American TV shows are trashy in quality. I only watch shows on PBS, The Discovery Channel, or The History Channel.
Eric
Experienced Poster

Post by Eric »

I never thought I'd be defending my fellow Americans, since I left the country -but here goes. Since I left, I've developed an appreciation for some things American; or at least what I knew to be American (not the shit we have now)...and to be honest - every single European twat I've talked to is so liberal, it's insane. I can't even have a conversation barely with these people. I had one guy sit down with me over a nice 'friendly' beer, and he then started in on how my parents and relatives killed the natives, how I was 'racist'....and a terrible human being. It was so offensive; I don't even think he realized this. It was strange. He was so angry at me - and the the bizarre thing. He flipped it, and said that I was the mad one, when I finally started to defend myself and my family, my Nation and heritage ....he said I was being "defensive" and he denied attacking me. I thought I was in the twilight zone.
He kept on it, and I left the table. I've talked with other Europeans enough to know they like feminism, see no problems with progressive policy- think it's just the bees knees, and equality - and think that there's no difference between men and women - that we are blank slates and basically the same, it's culture that makes us different (what a ridiculous laugh I had at that). It's literally insane to me. I mean how can we even have a conversation at that point - we can't. Our beliefs are so polar opposite.

It sometimes makes me wonder and feel like I'm insane - because two people believing such different things causes a dissonance that's not easy to deal with.

In short I avoid getting on topics with Europeans, they are very sensitive, and will argue with you. I talk to Americans who, seem to me - to have a modicum more sense and knowledge.

It's really quite amazing.
I understand people adapting and accepting new beliefs after they're being sold it's 'cool' and new and they're getting ahead "progressive" to do so; but I think people are fooled by language. I could sense this a mile away and I think most could. Just look at how we are being manipulated with these race topics, equal rights and equality (look at the immigration mess now) ..our countries falling apart the more liberal it gets.
I saw it coming a mile away.
The Scandinavians don't realize that their countries are only intact and stable because they aren't the ground zero for anything. Govs don't care about them to cause any more. Just introduce feminism to drop the birth rate. If I remember right, they are importing mass immigrants there, now too.

If you abandon common sense - you'd be willing to pay for it.
Misery and happiness are only states of mind.
Eric
Experienced Poster

Post by Eric »

Europeans are the most brainwashed people there are.

Or, I'm completely brainwashed - which one.
Misery and happiness are only states of mind.
IraqVet2003
Junior Poster

Post by IraqVet2003 »

MattHanson1990 wrote:The US news media has NOTHING positive to say about other countries, especially outside the first world. For instance, we all know its negative portrayal about Mexico. It portrays it as poverty-stricken, war torn, and where drug cartels are out to kidnap or take one's life any moment. And that is far beyond the truth. Mexico has a rich culture which can be seen in its centuries old colonial architecture. Much of the country is surprisingly safe, even more than the U.S. And in some parts (e.g. Condesa, San Angel, and Coyocan in Mexico City), it's more modern and upscale than most of America.

The U.S. news media is absolutely sick in the head. And then most American TV shows are trashy in quality. I only watch shows on PBS, The Discovery Channel, or The History Channel.
Hey MattHanson1990, I agree with you 100%!! The American mainstream media is nothing more than a mouthpiece for the "U.S. MATRIX". It also doesn't help that a large number of Americans don't have a good grasp of world geography and probably can't locate Mexico City on a map!! Nor do most Americans obtain a passport to travel outside the U.S. to experience the world for themselves.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Americans are brainwashed with bias toward other countri

Post by zboy1 »

Eric, Europeans are incredibly anti-American. So are most other Anglo people. In fact, I haven't met many Europeans, Australians or Kiwis who thought much about the USA. ...

It does get annoying, but I tend to argue with them gently. I did agree with some of their points of view though, including how violent and race-obsessed American's can be.

When I was in the military, American Blacks and Whites were sometimes targeted by anti-Americans in Europe, while I was never treated with hostility by Europeans. Fights were very common outside bases.

Being an Asian American, they tended to treat me with more respect than a 'White American.' I don't know why that is...but they often saw me more as a immigrant American than a 'pure' blooded American.