Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

My Asian Father

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

My Asian Father

Postby josephty1 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:20 am

http://archive.is/XqWQH

The only difference is my dad is still alive, and he came to the US before my mom.
EDIT: I am Vietnamese came here in the US at age 3, 1999

How to warn these Asian immigrants from thinking "the grass is always greener" particularly the poorer ones?
Last edited by josephty1 on Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Public school, most people between 12-35, and often your parents are brainwashed and trying to brainwash you.

*sigh* money and workaholic culture replaces healthy social interaction.
josephty1
Freshman Poster

Re: My Asian Father

Postby zboy1 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:05 am

Haha, the comic is so true. Being Asian, I know how British and American Indian/Paki girls like to act so traditional, but secretly, they're riding the cock carousel. Even an Indian American guy I know says the same.

Anyway, how to stop Asian immigrants from coming to the West? Nothing really. ...But, in the next few decades, as they see the West collapse, I think more and more Asians will realize it's better to stay in their home countries than move abroad.
Find teaching jobs in China at http://workabroad.today
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Citizen » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:00 pm

300,000 farmer suicides in India over the past 20 years (according to AlJazeera) would suggest that the suicide would take place at the start, while the farmer is still in India.
Citizen
Freshman Poster

Postby Ghost » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:19 pm

Last edited by Ghost on Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby josephty1 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:55 pm

I'm not Indian, forgot to mention I was Vietnamese but man, being born as Vietnamese suck if you can't relate to some of the others in your local area.

Many of the Vietnamese (the ones that are academically successful) in the high school I graduated from have it much easier (or at least their parents do). I only know a few Indians form my high school and their fathers are not like in this photo. In my college University of Washington Indian students are rich as ****.

What's missing from the photo is the wife changing her attitude, perhaps not as far as divorce, but definitely nagging, doesn't love him anymore, withholding sex, maybe making divorce threats, etc.
Public school, most people between 12-35, and often your parents are brainwashed and trying to brainwash you.

*sigh* money and workaholic culture replaces healthy social interaction.
josephty1
Freshman Poster

Return to General Discussions