Discuss and talk about any general topic.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: I see myself expatting in Germany or E. Europe

Post by yick »

MattHanson1990 wrote:
The longest I spent with Tapatio was a week and a half. And he did teach me things such as eating utensil etiquette being practiced differently in Latin America than in the U.S. He's also guy who I noticed prefers to live in a first world country because he likes efficiency and is more business oriented than I am, despite I have a big passive income. Most of his way of thinking is from the fact that he lived in America most of his life although he's a Mexican national.
So the business venture you two were going to partake in didn't take off? Oh well. :|
But there were a few things I didn't like about him. One, he constantly told me how Winston was a loser who lives in a shack, pays for prostitutes to have sex with him, and calls that success; he even said Winston is a con artist. Another day he told me feminism is good for society. In other words, he's blue pill and a mangina in many ways.
Winston isn't a loser. It's ridiculous to say that he is.

Winston is living the life he wants the way he wants, he doesn't have two jobs, nor does he have to wear and shirt and tie to work every day of the week. He could have all that of course as he has a good degree from a very good university but he would rather be happy - which is what most people strive for and fail as they refuse to get off the treadmill - therefore, Winston is a bigger winner than most people
And another day he said that the problem is always me and never the environment I'm in.
Well, that's true, it is your job to adapt and to make it work. It took me around two years to get used to how things are in China. It is just the way it is.

I would stay in Mexico, go to the Philippines or indeed go to Chile - one of the few places on the planet where you can actually get a working/living visa AFTER you have landed there. I am surprised more people don't take advantage. If you have decent Spanish these days, I wouldn't give that up to go to Germany unless you have always wanted to go to Germany.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
droid wrote:Whatever you do, you have to settle down somewhere for an extended period Matt. I think you didn't give Mexico enough time, but this move could be great for you.
But don't forget improving on your shape and your social skills, to maximize your results. Did you take any public speaking classes at college? I took a couple of those courses and they helped a lot with loosening up.

Like I said before, I'm glad you skip Colombia, too many single moms and they're also getting rotten fast, and it's more of a 'hardball' game than Mexico.
German girls are nice and polite, at least on the short stints i had there. They will hear you out.
Do you think it's due to the over zealousness of US/Canadian men wanting Anglo-looking in-shape women so much that already they have spoiled these women in Colombia? Do you have proof?
There's actually not that many expats that i could see, really only a handful, so that's hard to judge, not enough volume to be a problem.

Those girls are becoming spoiled because of social media and because there is quite a bit of money floating around there now, not that prosperity per se is a problem, but it brings a cultural shift. i.e. Americanization for lack of a better term.

I had been there previously and did notice the difference last year. Shit i had never experienced settings were people were poor and yet very cliquish and pretentious, that was an eye opener. It used to be that only the middle and upper classes had that mentality.

Even local guys told me it's gone to shit in the last 5-6 years. They said back then they could go out and have a more or less reasonable chance of getting laid or getting numbers, but that has now kind of fissled out. Colombian women used to be proactive in getting males' attention and initiating something, but now they're pretty lazy and expect to be courted, even if they are single moms. Even the p4p girls you have to 'game' and 'entertain' quite a bit for them to treat you nicely, they won't even return much eye contact and you have to 'cold approach' them lol, that was a great exercise for me though, learned a lot.

Another thing, take my girlfriend's sister for example, she showed me her facebook and there were 300 (three hundred) chumps' friend requests. She also told me about chumps offering about U$700 for her ass, etc. And this is just some of the hardcore stuff that would prove too much for Matt I think.

I mean it's still much better than the states for sure, but i had to give it my all, kind of a disappointment. I would go back eventually but its'a single-mom fest so it's not worth it. Just to visit some of the friends i made.

As far as proofs, I don't know, whatever i put on my trip reports, and I even met with another forum member for a few weeks.
I remember you said you were headed for Colombia about a year ago, what happened? did you ever go?
Last edited by droid on November 19th, 2016, 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

drealm wrote:The irony in Tap buying a used mamasan KTV prostitute yet criticizing others who rent one hourly is rather strange. On the other hand it's not surprising he supports feminism. Tap after all was a bastard offspring. His sleazy dad cut and run when he was young resulting in a single mother home. So it's only natural that bastard sleazy predisposed offspring would survive by cheating the natural order with welfare instead of starvation. If I remember correctly he left this forum for a dumb reason. I believe he accidentally deleted his own post and thought it was a conspiracy to silence him. This is why it's better to keep high technology out of the hands of indians, they think everything is hocus pocus.
Lol so much humor packed into a single paragraph
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

MattHanson1990 wrote:The longest I spent with Tapatio was a week and a half. And he did teach me things such as eating utensil etiquette being practiced differently in Latin America than in the U.S. He's also guy who I noticed prefers to live in a first world country because he likes efficiency and is more business oriented than I am, despite I have a big passive income. Most of his way of thinking is from the fact that he lived in America most of his life although he's a Mexican national.

But there were a few things I didn't like about him. One, he constantly told me how Winston was a loser who lives in a shack, pays for prostitutes to have sex with him, and calls that success; he even said Winston is a con artist. Another day he told me feminism is good for society. In other words, he's blue pill and a mangina in many ways. And another day he said that the problem is always me and never the environment I'm in.

He gets many things right, but in other ways he doesn't.
He's full of it, and unfortunately you are not giving many details.

Why didn't he hook you up with one of his supposedly female acquaintances? For such a 'ladies man' and socialite that should've been rather easy lol.
My guess is you probably got told you didn't cut it and other excuses.

Did he even introduce you to his wife? I hold a 10% chance that even that whole thing was in his imagination.

And what happened to the MLM thing? Glad you are off the hook on that.
No offense Matt, just speaking in general terms, but people never seem to come forward when they decide to leave those, as they've been shamed into thinking if it didn't work is because they didn't try hard enough. I've known more than one case, years later all you hear is crickets.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

MattHanson1990 wrote:
Rock wrote:
MattHanson1990 wrote:Just touched down in the U.S. of Gay four hours ago, as always in LPTX. Passport is still valid to travel to Mexico despite the cover has wear and tear. Tomorrow, headed to Tucson Arizona, then to Phoenix, and then to LANM for Thanksgiving.

Anyways, I'll be in America temporarily as always because my dollars go much further in Me-hee-co, especially since the dollar is now at least 20 pesos.

While going through Cd. Juarez by transborde bus, I realized that it's Mexico City that really drains me. Guanajuato had its flaws, but Mexico City was by far the most chaotic place in Mexico that I've been to. Things were done much more inefficiently. And when you tried to hail a cab onthe street, often times the driver doesn't stop to pick you up, even when there aren't any passengers. Go figure.

As far as being an expat in Mexico, I can only see myself expatting in the small to medium sized cities. Guanajuato is very slow paced and cost of living is cheap. I don't think I will ever be going to Mexico City anymore; that place is just too chaotic for me.
How much time did you spend w Erwin? Did you learn a lot from him?

It sounds like you are used to more quiet less densely populated areas. That means if you ever come to Asia, you will need to avoid first tier cities, at least in the poorer countries.

If you are interested in Germany, perhaps you could correspond w Eurobrat about Berlin. I think it's supposed to be one of the cheapest large cities to live in W. Europe and it sound diverse with many possibilities.
The longest I spent with Tapatio was a week and a half. And he did teach me things such as eating utensil etiquette being practiced differently in Latin America than in the U.S. He's also guy who I noticed prefers to live in a first world country because he likes efficiency and is more business oriented than I am, despite I have a big passive income. Most of his way of thinking is from the fact that he lived in America most of his life although he's a Mexican national.

But there were a few things I didn't like about him. One, he constantly told me how Winston was a loser who lives in a shack, pays for prostitutes to have sex with him, and calls that success; he even said Winston is a con artist. Another day he told me feminism is good for society. In other words, he's blue pill and a mangina in many ways. And another day he said that the problem is always me and never the environment I'm in.

He gets many things right, but in other ways he doesn't.
Tapatio89 still seems like an OK dude. You too, Matt.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

droid wrote:
E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
droid wrote:Whatever you do, you have to settle down somewhere for an extended period Matt. I think you didn't give Mexico enough time, but this move could be great for you.
But don't forget improving on your shape and your social skills, to maximize your results. Did you take any public speaking classes at college? I took a couple of those courses and they helped a lot with loosening up.

Like I said before, I'm glad you skip Colombia, too many single moms and they're also getting rotten fast, and it's more of a 'hardball' game than Mexico.
German girls are nice and polite, at least on the short stints i had there. They will hear you out.
Do you think it's due to the over zealousness of US/Canadian men wanting Anglo-looking in-shape women so much that already they have spoiled these women in Colombia? Do you have proof?
There's actually not that many expats that i could see, really only a handful, so that's hard to judge, not enough volume to be a problem.

Those girls are becoming spoiled because of social media and because there is quite a bit of money floating around there now, not that prosperity per se is a problem, but it brings a cultural shift. i.e. Americanization for lack of a better term.

I had been there previously and did notice the difference last year. Shit i had never experienced settings were people were poor and yet very cliquish and pretentious, that was an eye opener. It used to be that only the middle and upper classes had that mentality.

Even local guys told me it's gone to shit in the last 5-6 years. They said back then they could go out and have a more or less reasonable chance of getting laid or getting numbers, but that has now kind of fissled out. Colombian women used to be proactive in getting males' attention and initiating something, but now they're pretty lazy and expect to be courted, even if they are single moms. Even the p4p girls you have to 'game' and 'entertain' quite a bit for them to treat you nicely, they won't even return much eye contact and you have to 'cold approach' them lol, that was a great exercise for me though, learned a lot.

Another thing, take my girlfriend's sister for example, she showed me her facebook and there were 300 (three hundred) chumps' friend requests. She also told me about chumps offering about U$700 for her ass, etc. And this is just some of the hardcore stuff that would prove too much for Matt I think.

I mean it's still much better than the states for sure, but i had to give it my all, kind of a disappointment. I would go back eventually but its'a single-mom fest so it's not worth it. Just to visit some of the friends i made.

As far as proofs, I don't know, whatever i put on my trip reports, and I even met with another forum member for a few weeks.
I remember you said you were headed for Colombia about a year ago, what happened? did you ever go?
That sounds like much of Brasil now. Social media has done some imminent damage in Brasil. Luckily I have met women before social media had run amuck in South America and we remain very cool until this day. This is why I feel that women are children in women exoskeleton suits; they are too impressionable like children are hence why I don't like to be around them for long. Most women realize all they have to offer is sex hence why they make you work hard for it now.

Return to “General Discussions”