Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme

I don't want a job

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Tsar
Veteran Poster

I don't want a job

Post by Tsar » December 4th, 2016, 2:44 am

After some deep thought and contemplation and reflections, and knowing how the world works and the system, I do NOT want a job in America. By that I mean I don't want to work for a company or a corporation and be a serf or a wage serf + tax serf, or a contract worker or some other slave of the elites. There is less freedom, more stress, and for what? Earning minimum wage and lousy benefits where anytime you need off is subject to approval by a higher paid boss or to be made miserable knowing you are more educated, smarter, and should be doing better?

No. I'm not going integrate into American society. I want no part of the cold, cruel, corrupt, careerist, workaholic, corporatist, and evil American culture and society that drains not only a person happiness and energy but also sends them to a darker place in their mind and spirit.

Most countries people work to live (as in have a decent life but work isn't their life and they have much more time)

America is one country where life is work (and people think life is empty or meaningless without working for the sake of working)

The only jobs that suit me are an elite job where I earn a lot of money and am appreciated, the owner of my own business, the owner of a MMORPG, or a youtube star.

I'd rather be poor and a homeless vagrant like a Gypsy rather than a corporate serf. At least that would give me more freedom and more energy than anything else.

Check out our Dating Sites and International Romance Tours!

MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Re: I don't want a job

Post by MattHanson1990 » December 4th, 2016, 7:06 am

I'm in the same boat you're in. And I chose making money from YouTube videos instead of having a job. Nowadays, most jobs in America pay shit, offer no benefits, and give employees erratic schedules, most often working part time. Corporations do cheap labor just for the sake of making profit, which is all that they're loyal to. And they don't give a f*** about the health and well being of employees.

But that's just the tip of the iceberg. You'll also have to go through the tough hiring process, and most of the time you don't even get an interview. Just silence or a rejection letter. And even with connections, a job applicant can still get shut out of the hiring process.

The workforce in the U.S. of Gay is a toxic and hostile environment to be in these days, not to mention misandrist.

Tsar
Veteran Poster

Post by Tsar » December 4th, 2016, 2:45 pm

MattHanson1990 wrote:I'm in the same boat you're in. And I chose making money from YouTube videos instead of having a job. Nowadays, most jobs in America pay shit, offer no benefits, and give employees erratic schedules, most often working part time. Corporations do cheap labor just for the sake of making profit, which is all that they're loyal to. And they don't give a f*** about the health and well being of employees.

But that's just the tip of the iceberg. You'll also have to go through the tough hiring process, and most of the time you don't even get an interview. Just silence or a rejection letter. And even with connections, a job applicant can still get shut out of the hiring process.

The workforce in the U.S. of Gay is a toxic and hostile environment to be in these days, not to mention misandrist.
I even applied at one job opening that's constantly posted at a bank bank. I applied 5 - 10 times over the past 4 years. I never got a call once and that was a 30 hour a week job and low pay beyond my level. They didn't even send me a rejection email any of the times. Most of the time all I see are just younger females with some older females working most jobs. The men I see working in the stores and areas are mainly men who worked there a long time or are in their mid 30s+. Once in awhile there might be a lucky 18 or 20 year old working a part-time minimum wage job somewhere which is lucky for them.

Jeremy
Freshman Poster

Post by Jeremy » December 4th, 2016, 3:03 pm

The job market has become so competitive (especially as a white male) it seems you need a masters in applied physics just to get an interview for a basic office job. Or know someone. I was lucky in that I knew someone. However, if this gig ends, it's back to flipping burgers.

I'd suggest networking to find something that pays above minimum wage. Then save like crazy, and in 5-10 years you should be able retire or semi-retire. From what I've read, a single man only needs $6k/year to live in the Philippines. You don't need to participate in these Hunger Games until 60 like the boomers.

Yes, work is horrible. Most of my waking hours are spent being uncomfortable/stressed. But sadly it's something that has to be tolerated if you want a life with young women in it.

MrMan
Veteran Poster

Post by MrMan » December 4th, 2016, 3:30 pm

About needing $6K a year to live in the Philippines, these amounts don't stay the same forever. I used to live in Indonesia and saw how cheap it was. This year, the prices are much higher than they were about 10 years ago, both in their currency, but also in comparison to the percentage of what you'd pay in the US. Something that might have cost a quarter of what it costs in the US may cost half of what it costs in the US. I'm thinking of the equivalent in local products or services. Of course, there is still a much lower end market than in the US. You can't get a haircut from some guy in a wooden booth with a stool in it on the side of the street who doesnn't pay rent in the US, so you don't have that end of the price spectrum.

My point is, in the future, it will likely cost more to live in the Philippines, and the prices will probably move closer to a developing world standard. You can't just save up regular savings in the US and retire at 40 and hope to live out your life like that.

If you do want to retire, you need to build up an income and learn to invest your money well and make it grow. You'll need to work and keep working.

Also, if you want to have a wife and kids someday, or if you end up in a situation where you have a child, you need to establish some way of making a living that is more than minimum wage.

You don't just have to work for someone all your life. There are small businesses you can do to earn a living. It is hard to jump into that with no job to get your capital from to do the work.

With a college degree, you could get an English teaching job overseas, not the best paying expat job, but it can get you overseas if you want that, and also a couple of thousand a month with a free apartment is not too bad in most Asian countries.

If you get a college degree, get one that translates into a job, not just a degree in History, Communications, or Women's Studies.

Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder » December 4th, 2016, 3:59 pm

It is strange to hear you okes say this. The USA has exactly the opposite image here and everyone who goes over there does well, even young farm kids.
In December, the Silicon Valley Business Journal made a remarkable statement regarding four of their first five winners of the US's high-tech chief executive officer awards, which feature competition from the likes of Google's Larry Page.

It said: "Here's something interesting about our executive of the year awards, something that hadn't occurred to us at the time that these four executives were selected – they are all originally from South Africa."

In Silicon Valley alone, South African-born high-tech chief executives include Vinny Lingham, founder of Yola and Gyft; Willem van Biljon, co-founder of Nimbula; and Pieter de Villiers, founder and chief executive of Clickatell, the world's largest online text messaging service.

And these weren't even among the award winners. Those include Gauteng brothers Lyndon and Peter Rive, who have built the US's largest provider of residential clean energy, and Paul Maritz, the outgoing chief executive of cloud computing giant VMware, who was schooled in KwaZulu-Natal.

Impact
South African immigrants in the US number only 83 000 – a "small number even for a big city", says Professor Nancy Foner, an expert on immigration achievement at the City University of New York.

So small, she says, that there are almost no figures or studies on their impact.

Yet new South African networking organisations, such as the Sable Accelerator in California, are springing up as South Africans are suddenly appearing in front of microphones as chief executives and university deans and scientific research team leaders.

Apart from well-established South African communities in places such as San Diego, or the tight group of professional golfers in Florida, South Africans don't network the way they do in the United Kingdom.

Instead, mutual recognition often happens like this: "Hey, that guy running the University of Notre Dame seems to have a Saffer accent. Come to think of it, so does the dean of Stanford Graduate School of Business. Ja, and what about the guy who was in charge of California's High-Speed Rail Authority? And with a name like Mahlangu-Ngcobo, that elections judge in Maryland has gotta be from home."

Some are fairly well known. Pik Botha's grandson, Roelof, has been ranked as high as 22nd on the Forbes Midas list of venture capitalists, ­having funded the launch of YouTube in 2005.

Among the celebrity conscription-dodgers, singer Dave Matthews probably heads the pack. Reportedly worth R2-billion, Matthews was recently declared the US's most successful touring act of the decade.

Remarkable anonymity
But most have risen to the cutting edge of American business with remarkable anonymity.

Former Illovo schoolboy Steven Collis, almost unnoticed, has taken the reins of healthcare wholesaling company AmerisourceBergen, listed 29th on the Fortune 500, with 13000 employees, and annual revenues of an almost ridiculous R600-billion.

It's the same story in science.

The single greatest breakthrough in cancer treatment in recent years – epigenetic therapy – has been credited to Stellenbosch's Peter Jones, who now runs a major research centre in California.

And another South African, Dr Liam Pedersen, has grabbed what could be the most exotic job in the US. He leads a Nasa research team to develop the brains of "intelligent" space robots that will explore the solar system in search of extraterrestrial life. And to test his "autonomous navigation" systems, Pedersen (42) gets to test the robots in places like Antarctica and alpine lakes in the Andes.

In terms of sheer impact for Africa among transplants, it's a draw between expats Dr Trevor Mundel and Nomvimbi Meriwether.

A former Soweto businesswoman, Meriwether – now owner of Meticulous Tours travel agency in Washington DC – is the co-founder of a multimillion-dollar health and basic education charity in Southern Africa, the Meriwether Foundation.

Astonishing over-achievement
She told the Mail & Guardian that her fundraising clout in the US enjoyed a major boost in December when her daughter – South African-born Nana Meriwether (27) – won the Miss USA crown.

"We are meeting governors, presidents, billionaires, so the plight of [South Africa's] most vulnerable ­children is being heard where it counts," she said.

Mundel, from Johannesburg, has been appointed as president of global health for the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation with a grant budget of about R130-billion, and a brief of nothing less than to eradicate polio and malaria from the Earth.

But it's when you consider a professional field as specific as immigration law that the astonishing over-achievement of this group becomes clear. Bernie Wolfsdorf – another conscription dodger – has been named "the most highly rated immigration lawyer in the world" for the past three years by the peer-reviewed International Who's Who of Business Lawyers, and South Africa's Daryl Buffenstein is a former president of the American Immigration Lawyers Association.

In the same field, Chris Wright, a transplant from Johannesburg, is described as "Hollywood's go-to lawyer" – somehow securing "genius" work visas for everyone from Piers Morgan to Playboy playmate Shera Bechard. The "O-1" work visa is normally reserved for foreigners of "extraordinary ability", including Nobel prize, winners, but Wright has controversially expanded its use to include celebrities.

South African lawyers have not yet broken through, as a group, as judges in the US's highest courts, the way they have in, say, Western Australia. But Margaret Marshall (68), a former student leader at Wits, recently retired as chief justice of Massachusetts, where, in a landmark case in 2003, she was the first justice in the US to grant gay couples the right to marry.

Compared to the US's business world, expatriates have under­achieved in Hollywood itself, but its modest breakthrough artists include Charlize Theron, District 9's Sharlto Copley and Stelio Savante, who both co-produced and cracked a role opposite Matthew Perry in the comedy The Whole Banana last year.

Building and innovating
The poster-child for the 1980s immigration generation is Musk, the founder of Tesla Motors and SpaceX – the rocket company charged with leading the replacement of the space shuttle. In an earlier interview, he told me he left the country in 1988 because the South African Defence Force promised to be "an amazing waste of time".

He also said that South African TV was so bad in the 1980s that he was forced to read, and that off-the-shelf consumer options – such as amateur rocket kits – were so limited that he was forced to learn how to build and innovate on his own.

John Affleck-Graves, executive vice-president of Notre Dame, Collis and Wright were among those who told me they credit their education for much of their success, but offered few other clues as to why South Africans had risen so sharply.

Professor Foner says white South Africans, in particular, had "invisibly" risen to the top.

"South Africans [in the US] have gone unnoticed, especially the majority who are white, for whom there were few cultural barriers, if any," she said. "But I have noticed that South Africans move right into elite circles in the US, immediately, and look where they've gone."

Donovan Neale-May, founder of the Sable Accelerator, says the 1980s South African immigrant generation was unique in that they did not take advantage of contacts and mobility through "ethnic communities" in the US, "as, say, Indian entrepreneurs have done so effectively".

Instead, Neale-May says the conscription-avoidance generation had simply outcompeted American professionals with a multitasking combination of management talent, drive and pioneering vision.

Overwhelmingly white phenomenon
South African emigration to the US has been an overwhelmingly white phenomenon. According to the Migration Policy Institute in Washington DC, only 14% of South African immigrants – about 11 000 – are black.

And they've had to travel a far more difficult road, says Foner. Yet a number of black South Africans have made New World leaps that are, if anything, closer to the purest form of the "American Dream" than their rich white countrymen.

Among the exiles who remained in the US, Mahlangu-Ngcobo is one who has emerged as a national force in both government health policy and theology. She has testified on healthcare for the government's Congressional Black Caucus and, during the violent tumult in Liberia in 1997, she led a workshop there on violence against women.

The author of nine books – including research works on Aids and gender equality – Mahlangu-Ngcobo lectures on public health, and has founded both a US church and an international ministry.

Gift Ngoepe, the first black South African to be offered a professional baseball contract, is one of a more recent immigrant generation to the New World.

Unlikely sporting story
He discovered baseball when his mother took a job as domestic worker at the Randburg Mets clubhouse. A tiny room inside it later became his home, and he simply practiced against a wall until he was noticed by coaches and, later, a US mentor. Now, he plays professionally as a shortstop within the Pittsburg Pirates organisation.

Richman Mahlangu (49) has a similarly unlikely sporting story, but, in pursuing it, has carved out a classic, John Steinbeck-style American tale. He fled apartheid itself at the same time that Musk and others were ­fleeing conscription.

Mahlangu's "hook" into the US was a sports scholarship, after he literally discovered the sport of tennis when he found a broken tennis racket on a dusty street in Durban's Lamontville township in the 1970s. He says that, as with Ngoepe, a local professional coach was so taken by his diligent practice with that racket that he offered free lessons, and, eventually, an introduction to a US mentor.

Living in Las Vegas, Mahlangu has since achieved neither riches nor professional-level excellence in his sport. Instead, he has coached his two sons to the point where, last year, they were both recruited for scholarships by Ivy League universities. His youngest son, Yannik (17), has held a national rank of ninth for his age group and his eldest, Nicholas – now on his way to Harvard – has starred with Andre Agassi in a TV ad.

"For me, as an immigrant, this chance for my sons is my satisfaction," he tells me, in a line that could have been inscribed on Ellis Island.
Note that the conscription dodgers are all jews. They took the benefits of SA education and then left before haveing to pay back to the the nation.
Last edited by Kradmelder on December 5th, 2016, 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jonny Law
Experienced Poster

Post by Jonny Law » December 5th, 2016, 3:25 pm

Tsar wrote:After some deep thought and contemplation and reflections, and knowing how the world works and the system, I do NOT want a job in America. By that I mean I don't want to work for a company or a corporation and be a serf or a wage serf + tax serf, or a contract worker or some other slave of the elites. There is less freedom, more stress, and for what? Earning minimum wage and lousy benefits where anytime you need off is subject to approval by a higher paid boss or to be made miserable knowing you are more educated, smarter, and should be doing better?

No. I'm not going integrate into American society. I want no part of the cold, cruel, corrupt, careerist, workaholic, corporatist, and evil American culture and society that drains not only a person happiness and energy but also sends them to a darker place in their mind and spirit.

Most countries people work to live (as in have a decent life but work isn't their life and they have much more time)

America is one country where life is work (and people think life is empty or meaningless without working for the sake of working)

The only jobs that suit me are an elite job where I earn a lot of money and am appreciated, the owner of my own business, the owner of a MMORPG, or a youtube star.

I'd rather be poor and a homeless vagrant like a Gypsy rather than a corporate serf. At least that would give me more freedom and more energy than anything else.
Move to Thailand!
What worthless Thai men do- That is 100% of Thai men
1. Get a girlfriend
2. Beat the shit out of her
3. Take her money
4. Get drunk and high
5. Never work

This is a great system. Thai men know they are worthless and unemployable.

This is what Thai women want and what Thai women deserve. Thai women are not relationship material!
WIN-WIN for everyone!

Tsar
Veteran Poster

!

Post by Tsar » December 5th, 2016, 4:32 pm

Jonny Law wrote: Move to Thailand!
What worthless Thai men do- That is 100% of Thai men
1. Get a girlfriend
2. Beat the shit out of her
3. Take her money
4. Get drunk and high
5. Never work

This is a great system. Thai men know they are worthless and unemployable.

This is what Thai women want and what Thai women deserve. Thai women are not relationship material!
WIN-WIN for everyone!
Funny post but I doubt that's what happens in reality. I'm sure most countries except countries in Africa the men can get jobs relatively better than American in terms of Purchasing Power Parity relative to the cost of living in their own countries. Most Americans don't have a job to earn enough PPP to live in America or even a country half as expensive as America.

[Redacted most of my post because the ADL would have come knocking but wouldn't have been able to find the door. I want them to find me along with the NSA and whatever else f***ing Zionist Enforcers want to arrest me so I'm going to start put all my posts on blogger or something. I am f***ing done with this Zionist nation and I'm done being quiet. They want to blacklist me, f**k up my life, destroy this world, fine. BUT I AM f***ing DONE. f**k THE ZIONISTS! f**k AMERICA! AND f**k THE WORLD!!! I cannot remain quiet and silent any longer about what they do.]

Eric
Experienced Poster

Post by Eric » December 6th, 2016, 2:39 am

Kradmelder wrote:It is strange to hear you okes say this. The USA has exactly the opposite image here and everyone who goes over there does well, even young farm kids.
In December, the Silicon Valley Business Journal made a remarkable statement regarding four of their first five winners of the US's high-tech chief executive officer awards, which feature competition from the likes of Google's Larry Page.

It said: "Here's something interesting about our executive of the year awards, something that hadn't occurred to us at the time that these four executives were selected – they are all originally from South Africa."

In Silicon Valley alone, South African-born high-tech chief executives include Vinny Lingham, founder of Yola and Gyft; Willem van Biljon, co-founder of Nimbula; and Pieter de Villiers, founder and chief executive of Clickatell, the world's largest online text messaging service.

And these weren't even among the award winners. Those include Gauteng brothers Lyndon and Peter Rive, who have built the US's largest provider of residential clean energy, and Paul Maritz, the outgoing chief executive of cloud computing giant VMware, who was schooled in KwaZulu-Natal.

Impact
South African immigrants in the US number only 83 000 – a "small number even for a big city", says Professor Nancy Foner, an expert on immigration achievement at the City University of New York.

So small, she says, that there are almost no figures or studies on their impact.

Yet new South African networking organisations, such as the Sable Accelerator in California, are springing up as South Africans are suddenly appearing in front of microphones as chief executives and university deans and scientific research team leaders.

Apart from well-established South African communities in places such as San Diego, or the tight group of professional golfers in Florida, South Africans don't network the way they do in the United Kingdom.

Instead, mutual recognition often happens like this: "Hey, that guy running the University of Notre Dame seems to have a Saffer accent. Come to think of it, so does the dean of Stanford Graduate School of Business. Ja, and what about the guy who was in charge of California's High-Speed Rail Authority? And with a name like Mahlangu-Ngcobo, that elections judge in Maryland has gotta be from home."

Some are fairly well known. Pik Botha's grandson, Roelof, has been ranked as high as 22nd on the Forbes Midas list of venture capitalists, ­having funded the launch of YouTube in 2005.

Among the celebrity conscription-dodgers, singer Dave Matthews probably heads the pack. Reportedly worth R2-billion, Matthews was recently declared the US's most successful touring act of the decade.

Remarkable anonymity
But most have risen to the cutting edge of American business with remarkable anonymity.

Former Illovo schoolboy Steven Collis, almost unnoticed, has taken the reins of healthcare wholesaling company AmerisourceBergen, listed 29th on the Fortune 500, with 13000 employees, and annual revenues of an almost ridiculous R600-billion.

It's the same story in science.

The single greatest breakthrough in cancer treatment in recent years – epigenetic therapy – has been credited to Stellenbosch's Peter Jones, who now runs a major research centre in California.

And another South African, Dr Liam Pedersen, has grabbed what could be the most exotic job in the US. He leads a Nasa research team to develop the brains of "intelligent" space robots that will explore the solar system in search of extraterrestrial life. And to test his "autonomous navigation" systems, Pedersen (42) gets to test the robots in places like Antarctica and alpine lakes in the Andes.

In terms of sheer impact for Africa among transplants, it's a draw between expats Dr Trevor Mundel and Nomvimbi Meriwether.

A former Soweto businesswoman, Meriwether – now owner of Meticulous Tours travel agency in Washington DC – is the co-founder of a multimillion-dollar health and basic education charity in Southern Africa, the Meriwether Foundation.

Astonishing over-achievement
She told the Mail & Guardian that her fundraising clout in the US enjoyed a major boost in December when her daughter – South African-born Nana Meriwether (27) – won the Miss USA crown.

"We are meeting governors, presidents, billionaires, so the plight of [South Africa's] most vulnerable ­children is being heard where it counts," she said.

Mundel, from Johannesburg, has been appointed as president of global health for the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation with a grant budget of about R130-billion, and a brief of nothing less than to eradicate polio and malaria from the Earth.

But it's when you consider a professional field as specific as immigration law that the astonishing over-achievement of this group becomes clear. Bernie Wolfsdorf – another conscription dodger – has been named "the most highly rated immigration lawyer in the world" for the past three years by the peer-reviewed International Who's Who of Business Lawyers, and South Africa's Daryl Buffenstein is a former president of the American Immigration Lawyers Association.

In the same field, Chris Wright, a transplant from Johannesburg, is described as "Hollywood's go-to lawyer" – somehow securing "genius" work visas for everyone from Piers Morgan to Playboy playmate Shera Bechard. The "O-1" work visa is normally reserved for foreigners of "extraordinary ability", including Nobel prize, winners, but Wright has controversially expanded its use to include celebrities.

South African lawyers have not yet broken through, as a group, as judges in the US's highest courts, the way they have in, say, Western Australia. But Margaret Marshall (68), a former student leader at Wits, recently retired as chief justice of Massachusetts, where, in a landmark case in 2003, she was the first justice in the US to grant gay couples the right to marry.

Compared to the US's business world, expatriates have under­achieved in Hollywood itself, but its modest breakthrough artists include Charlize Theron, District 9's Sharlto Copley and Stelio Savante, who both co-produced and cracked a role opposite Matthew Perry in the comedy The Whole Banana last year.

Building and innovating
The poster-child for the 1980s immigration generation is Musk, the founder of Tesla Motors and SpaceX – the rocket company charged with leading the replacement of the space shuttle. In an earlier interview, he told me he left the country in 1988 because the South African Defence Force promised to be "an amazing waste of time".

He also said that South African TV was so bad in the 1980s that he was forced to read, and that off-the-shelf consumer options – such as amateur rocket kits – were so limited that he was forced to learn how to build and innovate on his own.

John Affleck-Graves, executive vice-president of Notre Dame, Collis and Wright were among those who told me they credit their education for much of their success, but offered few other clues as to why South Africans had risen so sharply.

Professor Foner says white South Africans, in particular, had "invisibly" risen to the top.

"South Africans [in the US] have gone unnoticed, especially the majority who are white, for whom there were few cultural barriers, if any," she said. "But I have noticed that South Africans move right into elite circles in the US, immediately, and look where they've gone."

Donovan Neale-May, founder of the Sable Accelerator, says the 1980s South African immigrant generation was unique in that they did not take advantage of contacts and mobility through "ethnic communities" in the US, "as, say, Indian entrepreneurs have done so effectively".

Instead, Neale-May says the conscription-avoidance generation had simply outcompeted American professionals with a multitasking combination of management talent, drive and pioneering vision.

Overwhelmingly white phenomenon
South African emigration to the US has been an overwhelmingly white phenomenon. According to the Migration Policy Institute in Washington DC, only 14% of South African immigrants – about 11 000 – are black.

And they've had to travel a far more difficult road, says Foner. Yet a number of black South Africans have made New World leaps that are, if anything, closer to the purest form of the "American Dream" than their rich white countrymen.

Among the exiles who remained in the US, Mahlangu-Ngcobo is one who has emerged as a national force in both government health policy and theology. She has testified on healthcare for the government's Congressional Black Caucus and, during the violent tumult in Liberia in 1997, she led a workshop there on violence against women.

The author of nine books – including research works on Aids and gender equality – Mahlangu-Ngcobo lectures on public health, and has founded both a US church and an international ministry.

Gift Ngoepe, the first black South African to be offered a professional baseball contract, is one of a more recent immigrant generation to the New World.

Unlikely sporting story
He discovered baseball when his mother took a job as domestic worker at the Randburg Mets clubhouse. A tiny room inside it later became his home, and he simply practiced against a wall until he was noticed by coaches and, later, a US mentor. Now, he plays professionally as a shortstop within the Pittsburg Pirates organisation.

Richman Mahlangu (49) has a similarly unlikely sporting story, but, in pursuing it, has carved out a classic, John Steinbeck-style American tale. He fled apartheid itself at the same time that Musk and others were ­fleeing conscription.

Mahlangu's "hook" into the US was a sports scholarship, after he literally discovered the sport of tennis when he found a broken tennis racket on a dusty street in Durban's Lamontville township in the 1970s. He says that, as with Ngoepe, a local professional coach was so taken by his diligent practice with that racket that he offered free lessons, and, eventually, an introduction to a US mentor.

Living in Las Vegas, Mahlangu has since achieved neither riches nor professional-level excellence in his sport. Instead, he has coached his two sons to the point where, last year, they were both recruited for scholarships by Ivy League universities. His youngest son, Yannik (17), has held a national rank of ninth for his age group and his eldest, Nicholas – now on his way to Harvard – has starred with Andre Agassi in a TV ad.

"For me, as an immigrant, this chance for my sons is my satisfaction," he tells me, in a line that could have been inscribed on Ellis Island.
Note that the conscription dodgers are all jews. They took the benefits of SA education and then left before haveing to pay back to the the nation.

Exactly, people are so negative on this site - I didn't used to realize it but I do now. Just get out, and find work. It's psychological Kradmelder - there is so much media, statistics and overal shit climate and negative groupthink...it seems like in America you can't even think for yourself, it's true. It's like they want everyone to be depressed and demoralized.

Get OUT OF MEDIA! Associate with positive people who are going somewhere and are happy, nice, good people. You have to do it.
Misery and happiness are only states of mind.

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed » December 6th, 2016, 4:56 am

Eric wrote:Exactly, people are so negative on this site - I didn't used to realize it but I do now. Just get out, and find work. It's psychological Kradmelder
While bored at our job one day a while back, a former colleague and I worked out that in our town and surrounds there were about 15000 working aged people and about 5000 full time jobs. Suppose tomorrow all unemployed people in the town overcame their psychological barriers and rushed out to find work. What is supposed to happen? Would factories, office buildings, mines etc. be magically puffed into existence in order to employ them?

Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder » December 6th, 2016, 5:53 am

Since time immemorial the bulk of jobs have always been low paid unskilled working class jobs. Then there some skilled artisan jobs, management jobs, technical jobs etc. Like a pyramid. By the lower unskilled labour demanding more and more pay, the west lost the bottom rung of jobs by outsourcing, which are the bulk of jobs. Hence those people struggle the most to find work. They can the most easily be replaced and can only compete on lower cost. Skilled people struggle far less. The upper rungs struggle the least and can find work anywhere. This occurs all over the world. Skilled whites here can emigrate to to usa uk oz etc and get work while the unskilled locals there are unemployed. An unskilled white here is without hope. He must compete against millions of unskilled blacks and can't emigrate. So go get a skill.

There are also a small number of parasite jobs, like financiers, which are monopolized by cancers and leeches like jews. You won't get in there because leeches don't let go of their host unless burnt off and cancers must be cut out. Such leeches kill the host if left unchecked.

drronnie
Freshman Poster

Post by drronnie » December 6th, 2016, 6:16 am

One thing I noticed a lot in Thailand that you have young jobless men who are living off their girlfriends / wives. Many of them are druggies and bums. I see this often. However if you are a "boring" white collar worker you end up being a beta buck.

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed » December 6th, 2016, 6:28 am

Kradmelder wrote:Since time immemorial the bulk of jobs have always been low paid unskilled working class jobs. Then there some skilled artisan jobs, management jobs, technical jobs etc. Like a pyramid. By the lower unskilled labour demanding more and more pay, the west lost the bottom rung of jobs by outsourcing, which are the bulk of jobs. Hence those people struggle the most to find work. They can the most easily be replaced and can only compete on lower cost. Skilled people struggle far less. The upper rungs struggle the least and can find work anywhere. This occurs all over the world. Skilled whites here can emigrate to to usa uk oz etc and get work while the unskilled locals there are unemployed. An unskilled white here is without hope. He must compete against millions of unskilled blacks and can't emigrate. So go get a skill.
Lots of skilled jobs have been outsourced or are simply no longer valued as society generally turns to crap, so a skill won’t necessarily save you. Also, pay and conditions aren’t necessarily proportional to skill, even when it is valued. For example, it takes a special person to work in certain types of private security, yet apart from the high-end military end, pay and conditions suck. This is because the industry consists of arbitrage between what the companies charge their clients and what they pay their employees, and with this model it is necessary for them to screw their employees no matter how good the employees are. There is really nothing fair about the modern economy.

droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid » December 6th, 2016, 6:52 am

Tsar wrote:The only jobs that suit me are an elite job where I earn a lot of money and am appreciated, the owner of my own business, the owner of a MMORPG, or a youtube star.
That's 100% millenial Lol. Especially strange since most lack those elite talents.
But these things actually started with Gen-x, from watching all those 80's movies like Wallstreet and such. I remember the attitudes were already there.

You need to submit a few times in your life, learn the value of hierarchy and respect, acquire some experience, and build at least a small capital so you can then move on to better things.
Now If you really do have a special talent then it's another matter...
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?

yick
Junior Poster

Post by yick » December 6th, 2016, 8:37 am

Jeremy wrote:
Yes, work is horrible. Most of my waking hours are spent being uncomfortable/stressed. But sadly it's something that has to be tolerated if you want a life with young women in it.
Nailed it in one.

You don't have to work, in fact you can go through your life doing the bare minimum and die without coming to any great harm - especially if you are British or from the EU/Australia/New Zealand where there are government pension schemes.

I've known people back home who have NEVER had a job.

But if you want a quality woman, you need to be working, no quality woman tolerates her man sat on his arse being unproductive - it doesn't matter if she is some third world 'Issan monkey' or some entitled 'Americunt' they want the same from their men - they want them out, making money, away from the house.

I had a mate in Thailand and he wanted to stay there and had a job earning 35000 baht a month teaching in a government school, but that wasn't good enough for the Issan monkey he married who wanted him to take his ass (with her and their kid) back to Farangland - despite the fact that 35000 Baht was three times more than what she had ever earned in her life, she knew he could slave away for more. f**k his happiness, who the hell cares.

So, if you can do without women in your life then yeah - you can say 'screw work' if you want quality women in your life then roll up your sleeves and get your snout on the pavement because it's going to be there until you are f***ing 65. :shock:

Return to “General Discussions”