ATTENTION: The Forum will be upgraded today to phpbb 3.2 and may be down for a few hours. We appreciate your patience. Thanks.



Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Droid's experiences abroad

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Droid's experiences abroad

Postby MattHanson1990 » December 9th, 2016, 1:05 am

Droid and I PMed each other about Colombia vs. Mexico many times, and he found Colombia very disappointing. And then he told me how he was treated the best in Vietnam than he was in Colombia and Europe. Anyways, reading his posts, I didn't think he sounded delusional like some other members like drealm. In other words, he (droid) didn't post stuff like "rich Latinas being an easy catch for Americans due to the dollar being superior", "rich Mexicans must have big piles of pesos", "the women will automatically walk up to me asking for dates", or "are these Latinas poor enough to value American providers?" Anyways back to topic, I asked him about his experiences in Europe and Asia via PM, but he wanted me to share them on the forum.

So Droid, tell me about your experiences with women abroad.

What were your experiences like with European women?
- by country
- by city

What was your experience with Vietnamese women?
- Again by city and region
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 752
Joined: June 19th, 2014, 7:47 am

Re: Droid's experiences abroad

Postby Moretorque » December 9th, 2016, 1:41 am

My dad loves Vietnam and goes regularly when he can put it on the list, it's amazing because the people should hate Americans. It just shows what a$$holes our rulers really are to go over there and tear somebody else's house up like that such as they did in the Vietnam war...
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4437
Joined: April 28th, 2013, 3:00 pm
Location: USA,FL

Re: Droid's experiences abroad

Postby droid » December 9th, 2016, 6:31 am

MattHanson1990 wrote:....
....

droid wrote:..
...
....
My rating spectrum from 0 to 10 in the social-interaction quality goes more or less like this lol:
1.0 -> USA, Koreans (Koreans i see in Vn)
4.0 -> Colombia
5.0 -> Europe
8.0 -> Vietnam
....
Let me know what you decide, and again it would be nice to discuss this in the forum itself


MattHanson1990 wrote:
1) was the social scene isolating and cliquish in Colombia just like in the U.S.?

2) Describe your experience in Europe:

- what countries and cities did you visit
- what were the women like
- was the social scene open or cliquish
- how was the difficulty level of getting dates

3) Did you have the same expectations drealm had (being a rock star the minute you step off the airplane)? Judging by the way you post, I don't think you sound delusional by any means.


droid wrote:Open a thread and we can discuss things there so everyone benefits


MattHanson1990 wrote:Droid and I PMed each other about Colombia vs. Mexico many times, and he found Colombia very disappointing. And then he told me how he was treated the best in Vietnam than he was in Colombia and Europe. Anyways, reading his posts, I didn't think he sounded delusional like some other members like drealm. In other words, he (droid) didn't post stuff like "rich Latinas being an easy catch for Americans due to the dollar being superior", "rich Mexicans must have big piles of pesos", "the women will automatically walk up to me asking for dates", or "are these Latinas poor enough to value American providers?" Anyways back to topic, I asked him about his experiences in Europe and Asia via PM, but he wanted me to share them on the forum.

So Droid, tell me about your experiences with women abroad.

What were your experiences like with European women?
- by country
- by city

What was your experience with Vietnamese women?
- Again by city and region


Lol Make me a sandwich first dude, I thought you'd get the hint.
Millenials think everyone else is their butler at their service and that you are owed something. No tact or manners. It's a weird vibe, it was the same with Tsar.
No wonder some of you struggle socially and can't hold on to jobs either.

Sorry to be so harsh but that kind of pissed me off.
And besides, it's not like I have all the answers.

Now, let me EDIT the above and see if you notice the difference:

Hey droid thanks for sharing your take on this, this will help me decide, I'll keep you posted.
If I may ask you a few more questions:
As you know i'm also considering Europe, could throw me some one liners on those cities too since it seems you went there as well
Thanks again dude



OK, with that out of the way....

To be clear, I've only been to Mexico twice, but I make a comparison from what i see on the media and the few mexicans I've met. I tell Matt mexico seems more of a naive culture while Colombia is a lot more hardcore in certain aspects, which might turn unpalatable for him.
Also, I didn't bring up anything about drealm


My visits to Europe have not been long enough, 1-week stints on each country so i don't have the last word on this, but I could immediately sense a much better vibe.

In short:
Contrary to stereotypes northern countries were better, while in Spain and Italy it was more cliquish, yet girls, although polite, are more plain-janes while the dudes look better than them. You all know what that means.
-German girls are polite and friendly and do check you out, very authentic.
-Vienna, Austria is a rainy unfriendly hostile shithole, no wonder Yohan ran out of there. I tried hard to like it three times to no avail.
-Slovakia, (although next door to Austria, talk about an iron curtain) as I've mentioned before, the best, the hottest girls, and more traditional and friendly.

Note that this info is four years old, which in terms of social decay is eons. It might all just be just a barren wasteland by now lol

As far as Vietnam goes, it is pretty even from city to city. By far the friendliest people I've ever met. In general they haven't been infected with snark yet and are not pretentious at all.
They say northerners and 'Hanoians' in particular are unfriendly but I don't buy it, I've been all over central and southern Vietnam, all the way to Asia's southernmost tip and it's pretty even. Although in some towns they' haven't seen many foreigners so it's been quite funny, like an alien landed on a space ship, but all in a good vibe.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
User avatar
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3085
Joined: September 20th, 2013, 7:38 am

Re: Droid's experiences abroad

Postby Kradmelder » December 9th, 2016, 9:57 am

droid wrote:
MattHanson1990 wrote:....
....

droid wrote:..
...
....
My rating spectrum from 0 to 10 in the social-interaction quality goes more or less like this lol:
1.0 -> USA, Koreans (Koreans i see in Vn)
4.0 -> Colombia
5.0 -> Europe
8.0 -> Vietnam
....
Let me know what you decide, and again it would be nice to discuss this in the forum itself


MattHanson1990 wrote:
1) was the social scene isolating and cliquish in Colombia just like in the U.S.?

2) Describe your experience in Europe:

- what countries and cities did you visit
- what were the women like
- was the social scene open or cliquish
- how was the difficulty level of getting dates

3) Did you have the same expectations drealm had (being a rock star the minute you step off the airplane)? Judging by the way you post, I don't think you sound delusional by any means.


droid wrote:Open a thread and we can discuss things there so everyone benefits


MattHanson1990 wrote:Droid and I PMed each other about Colombia vs. Mexico many times, and he found Colombia very disappointing. And then he told me how he was treated the best in Vietnam than he was in Colombia and Europe. Anyways, reading his posts, I didn't think he sounded delusional like some other members like drealm. In other words, he (droid) didn't post stuff like "rich Latinas being an easy catch for Americans due to the dollar being superior", "rich Mexicans must have big piles of pesos", "the women will automatically walk up to me asking for dates", or "are these Latinas poor enough to value American providers?" Anyways back to topic, I asked him about his experiences in Europe and Asia via PM, but he wanted me to share them on the forum.

So Droid, tell me about your experiences with women abroad.

What were your experiences like with European women?
- by country
- by city

What was your experience with Vietnamese women?
- Again by city and region


Lol Make me a sandwich first dude, I thought you'd get the hint.
Millenials think everyone else is their butler at their service and that you are owed something. No tact or manners. It's a weird vibe, it was the same with Tsar.
No wonder some of you struggle socially and can't hold on to jobs either.

Sorry to be so harsh but that kind of pissed me off.
And besides, it's not like I have all the answers.

Now, let me EDIT the above and see if you notice the difference:

Hey droid thanks for sharing your take on this, this will help me decide, I'll keep you posted.
If I may ask you a few more questions:
As you know i'm also considering Europe, could throw me some one liners on those cities too since it seems you went there as well
Thanks again dude



OK, with that out of the way....

To be clear, I've only been to Mexico twice, but I make a comparison from what i see on the media and the few mexicans I've met. I tell Matt mexico seems more of a naive culture while Colombia is a lot more hardcore in certain aspects, which might turn unpalatable for him.
Also, I didn't bring up anything about drealm


My visits to Europe have not been long enough, 1-week stints on each country so i don't have the last word on this, but I could immediately sense a much better vibe.

In short:
Contrary to stereotypes northern countries were better, while in Spain and Italy it was more cliquish, yet girls, although polite, are more plain-janes while the dudes look better than them. You all know what that means.
-German girls are polite and friendly and do check you out, very authentic.
-Vienna, Austria is a rainy unfriendly hostile shithole, no wonder Yohan ran out of there. I tried hard to like it three times to no avail.
-Slovakia, (although next door to Austria, talk about an iron curtain) as I've mentioned before, the best, the hottest girls, and more traditional and friendly.

Note that this info is four years old, which in terms of social decay is eons. It might all just be just a barren wasteland by now lol

As far as Vietnam goes, it is pretty even from city to city. By far the friendliest people I've ever met. In general they haven't been infected with snark yet and are not pretentious at all.
They say northerners and 'Hanoians' in particular are unfriendly but I don't buy it, I've been all over central and southern Vietnam, all the way to Asia's southernmost tip and it's pretty even. Although in some towns they' haven't seen many foreigners so it's been quite funny, like an alien landed on a space ship, but all in a good vibe.


LOL you also notice something about the attitude of young people these days, and why it causes them to struggle to get ahead. From my experience:

They all want big salaries at the start and not work their way up, and rise with experience and ability. Huge entitlement mind set.

They don't want to go out to the field and all want office jobs. How do you do the office work without 10 years of hands on in the dirt on site working all over the world?

They all want big news cars,fancy clothes, nice restaurants, fancy gaming computers and all the gadgets at a young age, then complain they cant afford houses. In the old days we drove wrecks to save deposits and pay off a house.

They believe rudeness and familiarity is cool. It is not. it just shows disrespect, ill discipline and bad upbringing

They expect to be 'trained' or 'capacitated'. The onus is on someone else, not on them to try and learn and ask questions like old style mentoring. At their age if I had a problem to solve, my supervisor just through a fortran programme at me and told me it is my problem, learn to write a programme and solve it and only come ask if I can't figure it out or am stuck. It was not his problem to do my job. Same in the bush. Told me what kit I need. Go and buy it and sort yourself out. These days I point at a tree a few km off. I tell young people now "sien julle daardie boom? Daar gaan julle" (do you see that tree? There you must go), they look at me as if I am nuts to tell them to walk a few km. That is exactly what we were told in the army or yelled at to run, and we did it without questioning, and worse to go bring a leaf back, then to return it or get charged with damaging state property :lol:

They play computer games all day and eat junk food, doing little sport, yet expect women to want their weak flabby bodies, while they expect women to be fit.

They are content to live in their parents house well into adult hood to have more money for shit, and don't have the pride to be financially independent, if they must sacrifice some toys and partying.


I don't have much sympathy for many of them as they don't do much to help themselves. The good polite self starters we find, we offer them a job while they are still in varsity. They have no problem attracting decent women.
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1716
Joined: September 6th, 2016, 1:59 pm

Re: Droid's experiences abroad

Postby yick » December 9th, 2016, 5:16 pm

I think the problem Matt still has (going from his posting history) is that he still believes in absolutes - x is better than y - sure droid has it great in vietnam but not everyone would be happy in Vietnam (or Thailand, or China or the Philippines...) so even if droid said 'Vietnam is brilliant - you should try it' it doesn't mean Matt is going to find what he wants there.

What I strongly suggest to Matt is to find the country and the woman will come, do you like Mexico? Then stay there - basically, a woman isn't going to make you happy, she won't complete you - she can have you lying in the gutter though - that happens a lot - so find a country and invest time in the country and within yourself to be the best possible you and women (not them all of course...) will start popping up - it might take a year or two but that will happen - and then you can pick the one that is the most compatible with you because you'll have that most important gift - time.

You haven't been in Mexico long enough to become a 'fixture' where the local girls don't see you as some Gringo tourist just there to f**k them and leave them - invest time into a good weight training regime, go running - I am a lump and I go running three miles every other day and there are girls here who think I am lovely. :lol: Did I turn up on day one and they all instantly thought I was lovely - no - it took time - they see me around going around my business and know I am not an asshole - and that is all you have to do, wherever you end up.
yick
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 780
Joined: October 23rd, 2015, 10:11 am

Re: Droid's experiences abroad

Postby MattHanson1990 » December 9th, 2016, 7:45 pm

yick wrote:I think the problem Matt still has (going from his posting history) is that he still believes in absolutes - x is better than y - sure droid has it great in vietnam but not everyone would be happy in Vietnam (or Thailand, or China or the Philippines...) so even if droid said 'Vietnam is brilliant - you should try it' it doesn't mean Matt is going to find what he wants there.

What I strongly suggest to Matt is to find the country and the woman will come, do you like Mexico? Then stay there - basically, a woman isn't going to make you happy, she won't complete you - she can have you lying in the gutter though - that happens a lot - so find a country and invest time in the country and within yourself to be the best possible you and women (not them all of course...) will start popping up - it might take a year or two but that will happen - and then you can pick the one that is the most compatible with you because you'll have that most important gift - time.

You haven't been in Mexico long enough to become a 'fixture' where the local girls don't see you as some Gringo tourist just there to f**k them and leave them - invest time into a good weight training regime, go running - I am a lump and I go running three miles every other day and there are girls here who think I am lovely. :lol: Did I turn up on day one and they all instantly thought I was lovely - no - it took time - they see me around going around my business and know I am not an asshole - and that is all you have to do, wherever you end up.


I may actually join a gym, take Spanish at the University, or play in a local mariachi. Also, Mexico is big such that a guy's results will vary depending on which part of the country he goes. Some places are more closed off to outsiders, while others aren't.

Also I'm going back down to Mexico on the 19th of this month. And I spent 5 months there.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 752
Joined: June 19th, 2014, 7:47 am

Re: Droid's experiences abroad

Postby droid » December 10th, 2016, 9:51 am

yick wrote:I think the problem Matt still has (going from his posting history) is that he still believes in absolutes - x is better than y - sure droid has it great in vietnam but not everyone would be happy in Vietnam (or Thailand, or China or the Philippines...) so even if droid said 'Vietnam is brilliant - you should try it' it doesn't mean Matt is going to find what he wants there.


Yeah that's what i pointed at to Matt in the PM's. Each guys results and conditions will vary. This works for me here because it matches my personality and style. Although no reason to not to check a place out if one can afford it. Matt still has plenty of time and has a bit of income so I advised he could still checkout Colombia for a couple months just to get it out of the way.

yick wrote:What I strongly suggest to Matt is to find the country and the woman will come, do you like Mexico? Then stay there - basically, a woman isn't going to make you happy, she won't complete you - she can have you lying in the gutter though - that happens a lot - so find a country and invest time in the country and within yourself to be the best possible you and women (not them all of course...) will start popping up - it might take a year or two but that will happen - and then you can pick the one that is the most compatible with you because you'll have that most important gift - time.


They are like air, no big deal until you're not getting any lol. And it's really not just about getting your tool worked so to speak. They can be a nice complement if they are the helper and team player types (like that other thread suggested). They can sooth you while you work on your other interests. Women are not and don't have to be the "enemy". Too many guys are very jaded from the experiences in sausagefest countries.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
User avatar
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3085
Joined: September 20th, 2013, 7:38 am

Re: Droid's experiences abroad

Postby droid » December 10th, 2016, 10:05 am

Kradmelder wrote:LOL you also notice something about the attitude of young people these days, and why it causes them to struggle to get ahead. From my experience:
They all want big salaries at the start and not work their way up, and rise with experience and ability. Huge entitlement mind set.
They don't want to go out to the field and all want office jobs. How do you do the office work without 10 years of hands on in the dirt on site working all over the world?
They all want big news cars,fancy clothes, nice restaurants, fancy gaming computers and all the gadgets at a young age, then complain they cant afford houses. In the old days we drove wrecks to save deposits and pay off a house.
They believe rudeness and familiarity is cool. It is not. it just shows disrespect, ill discipline and bad upbringing


They care just about what THEY need first and foremost, it's not an exchange. Once THEIR need is covered, they just move on, no please, no thanks , nothing, f*ck everyone else.
Lol reminds me of those indian guys in coding help forums: "Dear sir, kindly email your project's code, my deadline is in two days", they get no response of course.

Kradmelder wrote:They don't want to go out to the field and all want office jobs. How do you do the office work without 10 years of hands on in the dirt on site working all over the world?


One profession I think has always suffered with this is architecture. As far as I know they don't get any practical experience about the materials, design unrealistic crap, and leave it to the engineers to figure it out. I would have them lay brick for six months if it was up to me.
Back in Florida, some genius designed a bunch of white vinyl tents for the exterior of Ft Lauderdale's airport, in a hurricane-prone state :lol: Needless to say, a couple of years later those tents weren't there.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
User avatar
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3085
Joined: September 20th, 2013, 7:38 am

Re: Droid's experiences abroad

Postby yick » December 10th, 2016, 10:22 am

MattHanson1990 wrote:
I may actually join a gym, take Spanish at the University, or play in a local mariachi.


If you do those three things, you'll get a woman, or you will have the chance at several interested women - guaranteed.

Gym - bring increased self esteem and mental empowerment as well as getting your body in shape.

Learning Spanish at a local Mexican university in a long term programme - do it at a university - why? Because university campuses are full
of young women and you will be able to join the various societies and clubs, you might be able to work as an English teacher there once
they get to know and like you. Even if it costs more than a language school or private tuition, do it at a university - because you will meet
loads and loads of women (and improve your Spanish).

The Mariachi band is a brilliant stroke of genius - musicians meet women, especially bands, especially Mariachi bands - where are Mariachi bands are most in demand? Weddings - who are at weddings, young women - superb idea.


Also I'm going back down to Mexico on the 19th of this month. And I spent 5 months there.


True story, I go to a restaurant once a week here in my city in China, restaurant is full of beautiful waitresses and I have been going there seven months and it seems I now have a fan club with more than one interested waitress - were they interested in me after a week or a month? No, but because I have become a fixture in their lives and I always go in polite, clean, well groomed/dressed and pleasant with a big smile on my face - they have got to know me and they have professed their.... not love but that they like me, and that I am very handsome - when I go to pay these days, all ten of the girls on the floor are around the till, asking me questions through their tablet because they can't speak English (bless their little cotton socks).

Now, someone is going to come along and say that it is only because I am some weird foreigner blahblahblah - all my hairy arsed western male colleagues go in there and don't get the same attention so it aint that.

None of these girls speak English and I highly doubt they are interested in foreigners in the main - not that there is much chance with interacting with foreigners in the city I am in BUT - If I was only here for a few months at a time, it wouldn't have been enough time to develop this friendship (with the potential to be more) with these girls - girls who have no shortage of male attention in this city. Another thing about these girls too - I haven't chased them - I have just been polite, well dressed and say hi and bye with a smile on my face when I have eat my meal.

Pick a place, stay there, join a Mariachi band/long term Spanish programme at a university/join a gym (ALL OF THESE are GREAT IDEAS) and a woman will come, sometimes you'll kiss frogettes but Miss Fantastic will come along, it might take a year or two but so what - you have time, live your life, live your plans and she'll come along. :D
yick
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 780
Joined: October 23rd, 2015, 10:11 am

Re: Droid's experiences abroad

Postby MattHanson1990 » December 10th, 2016, 5:30 pm

yick wrote:
MattHanson1990 wrote:
I may actually join a gym, take Spanish at the University, or play in a local mariachi.


If you do those three things, you'll get a woman, or you will have the chance at several interested women - guaranteed.

Gym - bring increased self esteem and mental empowerment as well as getting your body in shape.

Learning Spanish at a local Mexican university in a long term programme - do it at a university - why? Because university campuses are full
of young women and you will be able to join the various societies and clubs, you might be able to work as an English teacher there once
they get to know and like you. Even if it costs more than a language school or private tuition, do it at a university - because you will meet
loads and loads of women (and improve your Spanish).

The Mariachi band is a brilliant stroke of genius - musicians meet women, especially bands, especially Mariachi bands - where are Mariachi bands are most in demand? Weddings - who are at weddings, young women - superb idea.


Also I'm going back down to Mexico on the 19th of this month. And I spent 5 months there.


True story, I go to a restaurant once a week here in my city in China, restaurant is full of beautiful waitresses and I have been going there seven months and it seems I now have a fan club with more than one interested waitress - were they interested in me after a week or a month? No, but because I have become a fixture in their lives and I always go in polite, clean, well groomed/dressed and pleasant with a big smile on my face - they have got to know me and they have professed their.... not love but that they like me, and that I am very handsome - when I go to pay these days, all ten of the girls on the floor are around the till, asking me questions through their tablet because they can't speak English (bless their little cotton socks).

Now, someone is going to come along and say that it is only because I am some weird foreigner blahblahblah - all my hairy arsed western male colleagues go in there and don't get the same attention so it aint that.

None of these girls speak English and I highly doubt they are interested in foreigners in the main - not that there is much chance with interacting with foreigners in the city I am in BUT - If I was only here for a few months at a time, it wouldn't have been enough time to develop this friendship (with the potential to be more) with these girls - girls who have no shortage of male attention in this city. Another thing about these girls too - I haven't chased them - I have just been polite, well dressed and say hi and bye with a smile on my face when I have eat my meal.

Pick a place, stay there, join a Mariachi band/long term Spanish programme at a university/join a gym (ALL OF THESE are GREAT IDEAS) and a woman will come, sometimes you'll kiss frogettes but Miss Fantastic will come along, it might take a year or two but so what - you have time, live your life, live your plans and she'll come along. :D


During my 5 months, I did date and meet several women during that time span. Some came and went. But some I still talk to this day. While I didn't find the so-called "right one", it was still better than the U.S. of Gay where many guys have to wait years (or never) to get dates with women and where making friends is next to impossible. While I wasn't entirely invisible to American women, I had a very hard time finding one who was sweet and feminine. Most U.S. women were loudmouthed, masculine, huge party animals, slutty/boy crazy, and dressed bland. And I even noticed they have been acting more like high schoolers, especially after smartphones and social media became mainstream.

Sorry I went off on a tangent, but back to topic. What I am mainly looking for is a place in the world where out of wedlock births are very low and where many women are good for LTRs or marriage. China I heard has a lot of virgin girls. I don't know if Vietnam is a traditional society or if it's promiscuous. Guys who have been there can chime in.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 752
Joined: June 19th, 2014, 7:47 am

Re: Droid's experiences abroad

Postby droid » December 10th, 2016, 6:33 pm

Check this out

Image


Image

Not that the above happens everyday here, but once in a while you get some interest on the chat app. I got these couple of pokes this week.
These days i don't even bother anymore though, the girls are really looking for love and time, but i don't have the mind space. I tried multitasking before but i kind of burned out.
I'm not saying I'm setting the world on fire or anything, but life is just more normal here, some girls don't like you, some do, it's all good.

The first girl is one of the few plastic surgery queens, very rare here. But any kind of mutilation, be it surgery, tattoos or piercings, even dyed hair, is a RED flag for mental problems and sign of trouble. Note that it seems, from the posts, some western chump left her and she is looking again.

The second girl is more representative of the average girls here, most are so so in the face but they are in great shape, especially the legs, and have a decent attitude.

*I need to get a better image hosting site, shutterfly kind of sucks
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
User avatar
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3085
Joined: September 20th, 2013, 7:38 am

Re: Droid's experiences abroad

Postby Tsar » December 10th, 2016, 10:16 pm

What chat app are you talking about? I never owned a smartphone so I wouldn't know and I have no plans to own one. Just one example of how I'm not an entitled Millennial but I'm wondering because I've heard about Tinder but I wouldn't know of any others.
Tsar
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2030
Joined: August 7th, 2012, 8:40 pm
Location: Somwhere, Maine

Re: Droid's experiences abroad

Postby JohnDoeBigBaller » December 11th, 2016, 1:43 am

Kradmelder wrote:
droid wrote:
MattHanson1990 wrote:....
....

droid wrote:..
...
....
My rating spectrum from 0 to 10 in the social-interaction quality goes more or less like this lol:
1.0 -> USA, Koreans (Koreans i see in Vn)
4.0 -> Colombia
5.0 -> Europe
8.0 -> Vietnam
....
Let me know what you decide, and again it would be nice to discuss this in the forum itself


MattHanson1990 wrote:
1) was the social scene isolating and cliquish in Colombia just like in the U.S.?

2) Describe your experience in Europe:

- what countries and cities did you visit
- what were the women like
- was the social scene open or cliquish
- how was the difficulty level of getting dates

3) Did you have the same expectations drealm had (being a rock star the minute you step off the airplane)? Judging by the way you post, I don't think you sound delusional by any means.


droid wrote:Open a thread and we can discuss things there so everyone benefits


MattHanson1990 wrote:Droid and I PMed each other about Colombia vs. Mexico many times, and he found Colombia very disappointing. And then he told me how he was treated the best in Vietnam than he was in Colombia and Europe. Anyways, reading his posts, I didn't think he sounded delusional like some other members like drealm. In other words, he (droid) didn't post stuff like "rich Latinas being an easy catch for Americans due to the dollar being superior", "rich Mexicans must have big piles of pesos", "the women will automatically walk up to me asking for dates", or "are these Latinas poor enough to value American providers?" Anyways back to topic, I asked him about his experiences in Europe and Asia via PM, but he wanted me to share them on the forum.

So Droid, tell me about your experiences with women abroad.

What were your experiences like with European women?
- by country
- by city

What was your experience with Vietnamese women?
- Again by city and region


Lol Make me a sandwich first dude, I thought you'd get the hint.
Millenials think everyone else is their butler at their service and that you are owed something. No tact or manners. It's a weird vibe, it was the same with Tsar.
No wonder some of you struggle socially and can't hold on to jobs either.

Sorry to be so harsh but that kind of pissed me off.
And besides, it's not like I have all the answers.

Now, let me EDIT the above and see if you notice the difference:

Hey droid thanks for sharing your take on this, this will help me decide, I'll keep you posted.
If I may ask you a few more questions:
As you know i'm also considering Europe, could throw me some one liners on those cities too since it seems you went there as well
Thanks again dude



OK, with that out of the way....

To be clear, I've only been to Mexico twice, but I make a comparison from what i see on the media and the few mexicans I've met. I tell Matt mexico seems more of a naive culture while Colombia is a lot more hardcore in certain aspects, which might turn unpalatable for him.
Also, I didn't bring up anything about drealm


My visits to Europe have not been long enough, 1-week stints on each country so i don't have the last word on this, but I could immediately sense a much better vibe.

In short:
Contrary to stereotypes northern countries were better, while in Spain and Italy it was more cliquish, yet girls, although polite, are more plain-janes while the dudes look better than them. You all know what that means.
-German girls are polite and friendly and do check you out, very authentic.
-Vienna, Austria is a rainy unfriendly hostile shithole, no wonder Yohan ran out of there. I tried hard to like it three times to no avail.
-Slovakia, (although next door to Austria, talk about an iron curtain) as I've mentioned before, the best, the hottest girls, and more traditional and friendly.

Note that this info is four years old, which in terms of social decay is eons. It might all just be just a barren wasteland by now lol

As far as Vietnam goes, it is pretty even from city to city. By far the friendliest people I've ever met. In general they haven't been infected with snark yet and are not pretentious at all.
They say northerners and 'Hanoians' in particular are unfriendly but I don't buy it, I've been all over central and southern Vietnam, all the way to Asia's southernmost tip and it's pretty even. Although in some towns they' haven't seen many foreigners so it's been quite funny, like an alien landed on a space ship, but all in a good vibe.


LOL you also notice something about the attitude of young people these days, and why it causes them to struggle to get ahead. From my experience:

They all want big salaries at the start and not work their way up, and rise with experience and ability. Huge entitlement mind set.

They don't want to go out to the field and all want office jobs. How do you do the office work without 10 years of hands on in the dirt on site working all over the world?

They all want big news cars,fancy clothes, nice restaurants, fancy gaming computers and all the gadgets at a young age, then complain they cant afford houses. In the old days we drove wrecks to save deposits and pay off a house.

They believe rudeness and familiarity is cool. It is not. it just shows disrespect, ill discipline and bad upbringing

They expect to be 'trained' or 'capacitated'. The onus is on someone else, not on them to try and learn and ask questions like old style mentoring. At their age if I had a problem to solve, my supervisor just through a fortran programme at me and told me it is my problem, learn to write a programme and solve it and only come ask if I can't figure it out or am stuck. It was not his problem to do my job. Same in the bush. Told me what kit I need. Go and buy it and sort yourself out. These days I point at a tree a few km off. I tell young people now "sien julle daardie boom? Daar gaan julle" (do you see that tree? There you must go), they look at me as if I am nuts to tell them to walk a few km. That is exactly what we were told in the army or yelled at to run, and we did it without questioning, and worse to go bring a leaf back, then to return it or get charged with damaging state property :lol:

They play computer games all day and eat junk food, doing little sport, yet expect women to want their weak flabby bodies, while they expect women to be fit.

They are content to live in their parents house well into adult hood to have more money for shit, and don't have the pride to be financially independent, if they must sacrifice some toys and partying.


I don't have much sympathy for many of them as they don't do much to help themselves. The good polite self starters we find, we offer them a job while they are still in varsity. They have no problem attracting decent women.


"They all want big salaries at the start and not work their way up, and rise with experience and ability. Huge entitlement mind set."

Come on dude. We younger people were sold a complete bag of LIES and we ended up getting hundreds of thousands of dollars into debt because our stupid baby boomer older generation told us that we MUST go to college to succeed.

Baby boomers expect us to work for f***ing tiny wages or even FREE, and then boomers f***ing call us entitled? How the f**k am I supposed to pay back college loans, Mr Baby Boomer, if you assholes only pay us 8 dollars an hour? I can't even pay for rent or food at that salary.

So yes, it's no wonder that the younger kids support socialism because we've seen that capitalism f***s us over and makes it impossible to survive.
JohnDoeBigBaller
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 359
Joined: May 14th, 2016, 7:59 pm

Re: Droid's experiences abroad

Postby yick » December 11th, 2016, 3:31 am

MattHanson1990 wrote:
During my 5 months, I did date and meet several women during that time span. Some came and went. But some I still talk to this day. While I didn't find the so-called "right one", it was still better than the U.S. of Gay where many guys have to wait years (or never) to get dates with women and where making friends is next to impossible. While I wasn't entirely invisible to American women, I had a very hard time finding one who was sweet and feminine. Most U.S. women were loudmouthed, masculine, huge party animals, slutty/boy crazy, and dressed bland. And I even noticed they have been acting more like high schoolers, especially after smartphones and social media became mainstream.


So why not stay there and make a life for yourself? You have a social circle, you know how it works and there are 100 million Mexicans - meaning, there will be a woman amongst them who thinks you are great.

Sorry I went off on a tangent, but back to topic. What I am mainly looking for is a place in the world where out of wedlock births are very low and where many women are good for LTRs or marriage. China I heard has a lot of virgin girls. I don't know if Vietnam is a traditional society or if it's promiscuous. Guys who have been there can chime in.


China, you would need to be on the ground long term for someone decent - sure you can meet women online and the next thing is that you are back in The States working like a moron whilst missy is taking selfies of her and her 'Green Card' and posting them all over her Weixin.

There are a lot of women in China, women come in three types here - women who like foreigners and actively focus on them (a tiny minority) women who would give a foreigner a chance if he ticks all her boxes but wouldn't usually consider a foreigner (a fair number of Chinese women) and women who would never consider dating a foreigner (the majority of Chinese women).

You could get a virgin girl - but you would need to be invested in a LTR yourself, none of this rockstar BS some of you seem to want to be - if anyone thinks they are going to pump and dump here, best off going to Beijing or Shanghai (and pump women that half the expat community has been through) as anywhere smaller than those places and word spreads and you'll get nothing, secondly, you need to be working here - as a teacher - because that is the only people China needs at this moment in time.

China - you need language - I am finding this out now for myself but the girls in question don't seem to care, the best looking women interested in me have never been able to speak English and they have always been normal girls with jobs - shop girls, waitresses etc.

Now, if you want to date lots of girls and have sex with lots of different women then I suggest the Philippines or Thailand.
yick
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 780
Joined: October 23rd, 2015, 10:11 am

Re: Droid's experiences abroad

Postby Maverick » December 11th, 2016, 12:02 pm

droid wrote:Millenials think everyone else is their butler at their service and that you are owed something. No tact or manners. It's a weird vibe, it was the same with Tsar.


Hey now. We're (millennials) not all like that. The frequent millennial posters here seem to be somewhere on the autism scale though. So that probably explains it.
Maverick
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 573
Joined: May 18th, 2013, 11:46 pm

Next

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 6 guests