Where can we find good Online Jobs?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
JohnDoeBigBaller
Freshman Poster

Where can we find good Online Jobs?

Post by JohnDoeBigBaller »

Let's please keep this thread in the General Discussions because almost no one ever checks the Making Money Abroad forum, so let's keep this thread as the one thread in General Discussion to talk about making money online, and where to find jobs online.

The problem is that the freelance sites only let you bid on like 15 or 20 jobs a month, so that alone makes the sites f***ing worthless. As for Craigslist, I've gotten a few freelance gigs from it but you have to send out like 100s of emails just to get a small response.

Anyone know of any good places where you can apply for online jobs like data entry? I'm done with writing jobs because it's too unstable and it's impossible to survive like that. You might get 2 or 3 jobs a week which adds up to like 40 or 50 dollars. So I need a real stable online job, a regular job, not some freelance gig. Data entry seems perfect for that. I had a good data entry job but the dickhead manager just suspended the project and stopped replying to messages, but otherwise was making very good money from that. I'm looking for another data entry job like that, or basically any kind of online job which will give me at least 25 hours of work per week.

Anyone got any ideas or places to look for such jobs? And please don't mention freelance sites because as I mentioned, those sites only let you bid for 15 jobs a month which renders the whole site f***ing pointless.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Online Jobs

Post by Cornfed »

Data entry? Why in God’s name would anyone want to do that for a living? A while back, fschmidt posted a job ad for an online programmer. I think it got no response here and he was attacked on other sites, which is baffling as it was a real job. But it just shows these things come up from time to time and strangely don’t get the response they deserve, so you could scour the appropriate Internet forums and use the search functions to find such opportunities.
JohnDoeBigBaller
Freshman Poster

Why data entry? Because I'm a useless f**k that spent his 20s travelling around the world and even to this day am still dependent on my father's money because I never learned any useful skills. So programming is out of the question for me.

All I can really do is data-entry and writing. I'd be happy if I could at least survive through such a job but I've applied to 1000s of them on Craigslist and gotten NO f***ing JOB.

What the f**k are we supposed to do? There's no f***ing jobs and even in America young people are completely f***ed because the best they can get is some shit job like McDonalds or Pizza Hut or washing dishes.

I really feel like I am running out of options. How the f**k can I make an income to survive? And don't say some stupid like blogging. To be a successful blogger takes a tremendous amount of effort and TIME, which I do not have. I need a job NOW, but there are simply no f***ing jobs available or the assholes won't give me one.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Well maybe starchild’s advice of becoming Google adwords certified then. I have a job now but I am going to do this and other things so that I build multiple potential streams of income. Then if I lose one I can emphasize another.
JohnDoeBigBaller
Freshman Poster

Cornfed wrote:Well maybe starchild’s advice of becoming Google adwords certified then. I have a job now but I am going to do this and other things so that I build multiple potential streams of income. Then if I lose one I can emphasize another.
WHERE are you finding these jobs? I am finding Craigslist to be mostly a massive f***ing waste of time. If I send out 150 emails, I'll get 5 emails back, and those will just be rejections. I don't even know if it's f***ing possible to get a job because I've been busting my ass for like 2 months now trying really hard. I've sent like 5000 emails probably, maybe 6000 or 7000 even, and all I got was a couple of shitty writing freelance jobs which makes me like 20 dollars a week, plus some shitty personal assitant job which makes me like 20 dollars a week.

There has to be a better place to find jobs online, and online jobs I mean. Please, share with me any ideas or sites that you know of. I am an unskilled worker, I have zero actual skills but I do have a decent resume but it's mostly just fluff shit. The only real experience I have is that one data entry job and some freelance writing jobs. So I can only do unskilled jobs.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

My current job came through people I had been in contact with online for years before the job came up. Obviously there is no way for you to duplicate this in a short time without being extremely lucky. Hence the idea of getting Google adwords certified, doing freelancing for hopefully more money and then hopefully building on that.
JohnDoeBigBaller
Freshman Poster

Cornfed wrote:My current job came through people I had been in contact with online for years before the job came up. Obviously there is no way for you to duplicate this in a short time without being extremely lucky. Hence the idea of getting Google adwords certified, doing freelancing for hopefully more money and then hopefully building on that.
Well getting freelance jobs is not too hard but it doesn't pay for jack shit. Mostly it's people who are acting as middle men. They get a job from someone who pays them 30 dollars for it, and so they give the job to you and pay you 10 dollars for it. So they make 20 dollars doing nothing. f**k that shit. I'm not going to work my ass off so some parasite can sit there making profit from my hard work.

Hence I am done with freelance writing shit. There's no f***ing way to survive with freelance writing. Hence I am looking for data entry or something more stable.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Do you not think you might be better with an offline job?
JohnDoeBigBaller
Freshman Poster

Cornfed wrote:Do you not think you might be better with an offline job?
No I want an online job so that I can remain free and can travel freely. It can't be this f***ing hard to find one, right?
JohnDoeBigBaller
Freshman Poster

I read Starchild's post in another thread where he says you can get Google Adwords certified within 3 to 4 weeks and Starchild claims he is getting 1000s of job offers a month. How true is this? Also is it true today or has so many people already got certified that there is a market saturation and thus there's too many people applying for the same job?

If Google Adwords certification is free and only takes a month, f**k it I will do it. Anyone got the link of where to do that?
JohnDoeBigBaller
Freshman Poster

I read through most of the threads on the Working, Studying and Making A Living Abroad board and the vast majority of it is just talking about websites or books that THEORETICALLY talk about how to make passive income. There's very little actual discussion on WHERE to find real online jobs, other than the same 10 or so freelance websites over and over again. Nevermind that most of those sites only allows you to bid on like 15 jobs a month, therefore making the site f***ing pointless.

Building a business, passive income, etc, that is one thing. But simply finding an online job like data entry, virtual assistance, or a real writing job (that gives you at least 25 hours of work per week) does not seem to easy because there is very little or almost no discussion at all about such practical matters.

What are a few websites (NOT FREELANCE SITES) that I can go to and apply for real online jobs? Does any even exist? I am an American citizen living in Asia, so the site needs to be able to be applied to from Asia, as I know some of these job sites only allow you to apply if you are living in America. I also don't mind sending out 100s of emails, as long as the jobs are legit. So far Craigslist has been a 99% waste of time in that regard though. Any place better than Craigslist to search for these jobs?
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

I am a bit lost as to exactly what online jobs are. Like how can you make money writing blogs when people read it for free?

A lot of my work is on line as I am an associate partner in a smallish consulting engineering firm so our big contracts are done in JV with other companies with all the data, finances, designs, drawings, reports etc are shared via Dropbox for the entire team, no matter where they are. I have a post grad degree and am professionally registered. I've worked all over the world. I just don't want to be in PC liberal places, or in places where I have to mix with liberals or darkies. Africa is ideal for that :lol:

I guess it is a 'real' job and I figure the more you have skills no one else has, the easier it gets. Your problems come from not having a skill. You need to address this.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Kradmelder wrote:I am a bit lost as to exactly what online jobs are. Like how can you make money writing blogs when people read it for free?
You could also do things like programming, copywriting, CAD etc. on a telecommuting basis and make real money.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

It seems like Cornfed would be able to make a fortune as an on line insulter making fun of other races such as the Blackman.... :D
Time to Hide!
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

To answer this thread, there probably is no way to guarantee getting an online job with just generic skills like data entry. If there were then pretty much everyone could have an online job, but the reality is that not everyone can have and online job.